Home

Is 2K21 worth purchasing?

This is a discussion on Is 2K21 worth purchasing? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

I wasn't planning on buying 2K21 at all this year. 2K didn't offer a free next gen upgrade, and I hadn't planned on getting a PS5 until next summer. I literally just received one as an early Christmas present, however, so figured I'd look into getting 2K after all, especially since it's only £25 at the moment.

I've seen bits and pieces about its gameplay, and have seen a lot of complaints here about various bugs and issues. I'm hoping people can advise me as to whether or not it's worth buying.

I play offline MyLeague only, and I like to play as realistically as possible. I enjoyed the gameplay on 19, but felt the default gameplay on 20 was horrible. After a lot of messing with sliders, I thought 20 was playable, though far from perfect. I don't use dribble moves a whole lot, but prefer to rely on freelances, pick and roll, and manual motion to generate offense.

With these things in mind, am I likely to be satisfied with 2K21 on PS5?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #2
MVP

Not even a question, must buy if u like basketball

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

Re: Is 2K21 worth purchasing?

Buy it, get it asap, it's awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I wasn't planning on buying 2K21 at all this year. 2K didn't offer a free next gen upgrade, and I hadn't planned on getting a PS5 until next summer. I literally just received one as an early Christmas present, however, so figured I'd look into getting 2K after all, especially since it's only £25 at the moment.

I've seen bits and pieces about its gameplay, and have seen a lot of complaints here about various bugs and issues. I'm hoping people can advise me as to whether or not it's worth buying.

I play offline MyLeague only, and I like to play as realistically as possible. I enjoyed the gameplay on 19, but felt the default gameplay on 20 was horrible. After a lot of messing with sliders, I thought 20 was playable, though far from perfect. I don't use dribble moves a whole lot, but prefer to rely on freelances, pick and roll, and manual motion to generate offense.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

I'm offline mynba player, I'm loving it way more on series s than I did my ps4 pro. Plays way better. And with sliders set right I'm having a great time with it.
Quote:

Old 12-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #5
MVP

Surprised to see such positive comments immediately!

I watched a couple of review and gameplay videos and it looked decent. I probably would have passed at full price but think it's probably worth it for the sale price.

Does MyNBA generally work or are there bugs? The badge system has been broken for ages, for example. Any major issues occur during the offseason like with picking up team options, restricted free agents, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2020, 05:25 PM   #6
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

I haven't had issues with bugs as of yet.
Quote:

I watched a couple of review and gameplay videos and it looked decent. I probably would have passed at full price but think it's probably worth it for the sale price.

Does MyNBA generally work or are there bugs? The badge system has been broken for ages, for example. Any major issues occur during the offseason like with picking up team options, restricted free agents, etc?
Old 12-14-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Where do you see next gen version on sale? I see current version on sale but not next gen. I agree with others here. It plays way better on next gen. I have it for the S, now if I could just figure out what league structure I want lol.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:58 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:

There are tons of bugs. Things that will absolutely hinder your MyNba experience going forward. If you love basketball you don’t really have a choice seeing as this is the only bball game but honestly, MyNba mode feels hollow. Tons of game breaking bugs(there’s a thread on the first page)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »