Home

Frustrated with Play with friends NEXT GEN

This is a discussion on Frustrated with Play with friends NEXT GEN within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Frustrated with Play with friends NEXT GEN

Does anybody else think it’s ridiculous what you have to do to play a simple online game vs a friend in next gen? Go to quick play, push right stick in to play with friends, invite. That’s standard. Now here comes the BS. So the friend I invited can’t pick his own team. I have to call or text him and ask who he want to be. I kid you not. Can’t even pick your own team. Nobody Can change jerseys which is not a deal breaker but come on now at least let me pick my own team. So once I set the private match, with game style, quarter length and then host team to Home we start. And every time I’m his team and he’s mine. We quit, change host team to away I’m still his team and he’s mine. This goes on for a couple times till we finally get lucky. No rhyme or reason it just puts on whatever side it wants too. I let it make it at first because it’s next gen and I know the difficulty it is to implement everything during Covid. But I continue to see patches and I can’t believe they haven’t fixed this yet!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2021, 09:40 AM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Frustrated with Play with friends NEXT GEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsouth
Does anybody else think it’s ridiculous what you have to do to play a simple online game vs a friend in next gen? Go to quick play, push right stick in to play with friends, invite. That’s standard. Now here comes the BS. So the friend I invited can’t pick his own team. I have to call or text him and ask who he want to be. I kid you not. Can’t even pick your own team. Nobody Can change jerseys which is not a deal breaker but come on now at least let me pick my own team. So once I set the private match, with game style, quarter length and then host team to Home we start. And every time I’m his team and he’s mine. We quit, change host team to away I’m still his team and he’s mine. This goes on for a couple times till we finally get lucky. No rhyme or reason it just puts on whatever side it wants too. I let it make it at first because it’s next gen and I know the difficulty it is to implement everything during Covid. But I continue to see patches and I can’t believe they haven’t fixed this yet!!!
2k is 15 years behind when it comes to certain things. It's baffling really.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can we please just bump this eternally until we get some action... this **** is absurd.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm so glad I finally found someone who was dealing with the same issue. All I like to do is play against my friend online and the fact this hasn't been fixed on a $70 game is ridiculous, but because this mode has no microtransactions, it won't be a priority in any patch

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »