Home

New Stamina Bar? Could this be a good thing?

This is a discussion on New Stamina Bar? Could this be a good thing? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

The stamina bar being this big makes me hopeful that stamina might actually matter this year.
After all the talk in years past, is this the year that it finally matters? And, if so, will 2k stick with it when people start crying?
I hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2021, 09:33 PM   #2
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: New Stamina Bar? Could this be a good thing?

one thing I can say for certain is that fatigue will play a role in the ability to make shots
Old 09-02-2021, 09:38 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
one thing I can say for certain is that fatigue will play a role in the ability to make shots

I hope you’re right.

Old 09-03-2021, 02:33 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
I am sure you are coming from an offline or play now online perspective but for myplayer online modes taxing stamina hard might be a problem as well. It will just force everyone to buy gatorade boosts to compete. I have never felt like I was at a huge disadvantage deciding to only buy the skill boosts but not the gatorade boost. But if my player is now going to be sluggish at the end of a rec/proam game, you know Johnny Tryhard over there is going to be all boosted up and this just adds another layer of a pay to win structure.

Last edited by BQ32; 09-03-2021 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:45 AM   #5
MVP

tru11's Arena

Odds are it wont matter.

One can wish though

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2021, 07:41 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I am sure you are coming from an offline or play now online perspective but for myplayer online modes taxing stamina hard might be a problem as well. It will just force everyone to buy gatorade boosts to compete. I have never felt like I was at a huge disadvantage deciding to only buy the skill boosts but not the gatorade boost. But if my player is now going to be sluggish at the end of a rec/proam game, you know Johnny Tryhard over there is going to be all boosted up and this just adds another layer of a pay to win structure.

True!

Old 09-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Weird...I feel like I always have enough earned VC for the boosts, and the spinning wheel (still playing NBA 2K20) always gave me a fair amount. One week, I capped out on boosts and gatorade just by spinning the wheel.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:10 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Weird...I feel like I always have enough earned VC for the boosts, and the spinning wheel (still playing NBA 2K20) always gave me a fair amount. One week, I capped out on boosts and gatorade just by spinning the wheel.

Yeah, in 2k20 you could actually earn enough VC and get great prizes on the wheel.
2k learned their lesson though and in 2k21 you don’t even get a 3rd of what you got from spinning the wheel and VC is even harder to come by.
2k is going to get their money, one way or another!
I think the most I ever got spinning the wheel in 2k21 current gen, there is no wheel in next gen, was 500 VC. The most Gatorade boost that I got was 2.

Last edited by awg811; 09-03-2021 at 02:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »