Home

Dribble Hand Offs MUST Be Smoother Next Year

This is a discussion on Dribble Hand Offs MUST Be Smoother Next Year within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Dribble Hand Offs MUST Be Smoother Next Year

DHO's have always been a huge pet peeve of mine in 2K. I feel like they get tiny bit better each year but it's still far away from real, or as smooth as it is in real life. It's a huge part in so many offenses.

But in 2K a lot of the time it's a possession killer. Whether it be because the hand off is done too early, or going the opposite way of which you intended, etc. it just HAS to be better IMO.

How do you guys feel about DHOs in 2K22? Hate it or love it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2022, 11:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Dribble Hand Offs MUST Be Smoother Next Year

+1,000,000
Old 06-22-2022, 03:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

1000%

Really alot of aspects of passing should be looked at, but handoffs definitely need to be more fluid.

Right now the ones I see triggers a 2 man animation once the person gets close enough, these animations usually ignore the direction and speed of what’s going on.

Maybe if the functionality was a more free ‘sticking the ball out’ feel where the teammate can run and grab it like a loose ball instead of a canned animation.

This could open up fake handoffs and add more usefulness to the handoff plays.

Hold O to stick ball out, hold O and another to stick it out but not actually pass it when the offensive player comes by for a fake.

Would be hard to get AI teammates to do this properly, ball tracking isn’t the best for cpu
Old 06-22-2022, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Literally the only reason Draymond has a job in the NBA for the 2022 season. OFFENSIVELY he was atrocious and everyone talks about him being a good defender but Wiggins looked more like old Dray than Dray does now. He's surely a PLUS defender, but the pick and roll game he has with Steph and Klay is still unmatched and that's WITHOUT him being a lob threat or a threat to shoot. He's not running the break anymore, he's not throwing skip passes anymore. The Warriors half court set ONLY works because Dray is SO good at the DHO. But any half court set with the word GIVE in it is a broken play guaranteed in 2k. Doesn't make any sense at all.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Is there like a way to specifically perorm dribble hand off? I never realized the game had even elevated to that level...unless it's new in next generation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2022, 07:58 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Literally the only reason Draymond has a job in the NBA for the 2022 season. OFFENSIVELY he was atrocious and everyone talks about him being a good defender but Wiggins looked more like old Dray than Dray does now. He's surely a PLUS defender, but the pick and roll game he has with Steph and Klay is still unmatched and that's WITHOUT him being a lob threat or a threat to shoot. He's not running the break anymore, he's not throwing skip passes anymore. The Warriors half court set ONLY works because Dray is SO good at the DHO. But any half court set with the word GIVE in it is a broken play guaranteed in 2k. Doesn't make any sense at all.
At the risk of derailing the thread, you disrespectful. lol. Dray is a DPOY caliber defender and a really good passer, ballhandler, and decision maker for a big man who can bang with centers on defense.

Anyways, the one thing I always wished was better with DHOs is having the ability of the handoff passer to set a screen as he's handing off. I think that's pretty much standard in the NBA, but (unless I'm doing it wrong or missing some set plays that implement it), we don't get that in 2K.

Last edited by VictorMG; 06-29-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:37 AM   #7
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Is there like a way to specifically perorm dribble hand off? I never realized the game had even elevated to that level...unless it's new in next generation.
Not sure if it’s the default setting, but on PS5 I hold O (circle) and a dribble handoff is performed. I believe the option is under controller settings, but I’d have to double check.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 06-30-2022, 10:14 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agree 100%.

Really need to add fake hand off, make the DHOs smoother and have the player performing the handoff actually set a physical screen (doesn't feel like they are getting in the defenders way with the DHO, which kind of takes away the value).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »