Home

PortlandBlazers NBA2k10 Retro Rosters

This is a discussion on PortlandBlazers NBA2k10 Retro Rosters within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
PortlandBlazers NBA2k10 Retro Rosters

...are going to be awesome this year! After seeing the improvements to create a player, I cant wait to see what he can do, especially considering how great the past seasons have been with that awful CAP mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: PortlandBlazers NBA2k10 Retro Rosters

I was thinking the same thing myself as I was creating and customizing my player in the draft combine demo. Now hopefully 2k will give us more throwback jerseys like live is doing this year.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I read today that more retros were going to be added this season (though I thought I read that some may be removed as well) so hopefully it's good additions and removals only of ones like the obscure red, white and blue Bulls jersey (if it was still in last year).

The rosters should be great but they'll surely be time consuming in creation. I think that's going to slow the process down considerably.

With that said, they'll be worth the wait.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

I just fear that even with amazing CAPS, with so many changes each year to the league and thus the game, its going to be harder and harder to play with retro rosters with all the of court changes, logo changes, coach changes, teams being erased (sonics), teams being added (bobcats, thunder). Sadly, I think our days of retro rosters on the console versions nearly through. Its time to move the PC I think. 2K makes the games almost completely uncustomizable as is.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority22
I just fear that even with amazing CAPS, with so many changes each year to the league and thus the game, its going to be harder and harder to play with retro rosters with all the of court changes, logo changes, coach changes, teams being erased (sonics), teams being added (bobcats, thunder). Sadly, I think our days of retro rosters on the console versions nearly through. Its time to move the PC I think. 2K makes the games almost completely uncustomizable as is.
While I agree it gets tougher as time goes on, I must say they were still out of control great last year. There were enough options (retros, courts similar to past) to make an enjoyably realistic experience out of retro rosters dating back to 1991. There are certain workarounds that I do not particularly care for (settling for no sunburst Suns jersey for Barkley's squads for example) but I see myself having fun with this for the foreseeable future. Further, I even find years like 2002 or 2004 to be a lot of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

abit off topic here but will Ngoster and Portlandblazers continue with the roster updates when 2k10 come out?? more importantly will someone convert it to PS3 as well??

I don't know if I should get it on my xbox360 or PS3
Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 AM   #7
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

It would be insane if Portland could do major classic rosters as he did for 2k8....i know it's alot of work and asking him alot but they were killer...hopefully we get Sonics retros!!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 09-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

personally, i don't enjoy nba basketball anymore. i'm a fan of 80's basketball, and the 2k8 rosters that portland did were phenomenal - a dream come true. i don't think those rosters will ever be duplicated, and that will be the last basketball game i ever purchase. i highly recommend you guys to grab that game and play it strictly for retro rosters...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »