Home

Fictional Draft Classes for your Association (Storylines/Scouting Reports Inside)

This is a discussion on Fictional Draft Classes for your Association (Storylines/Scouting Reports Inside) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Fictional Draft Classes for your Association

I wish these were made for Ps3..
Old 10-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #34
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Thanks Ika and Matt. I was just going to stop doing the little scouting report/article that I did on the last page for the first class.... but I really had fun with it so I think I'm just going to go ahead and do it for all of my draft classes. Ill have the report for draft class two later today.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #35
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Have you noticed any centers who could be dominate in the pros in your draft classes,and if so what were there attributes. If you don't remember that's cool, no big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

I enjoyed the read even though I can never use these guys haha, interesting.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #37

CWSapp757's Arena

JB, I have about two centers in my five draft classes that I have seen dominate in my simultations. However, I must say that it took some tweaking of shot tendency. I had to increase shot tendency for both of them because they were the best scorers on their team but the tendency was still somewhat low for a star of a team. I know for a fact one of them was averaging 21points and a little over twelve rebounds and the other was at about 19 points and 11 rebounds. As far as the attributes, I don't really remember but I can tell you once I get home if you want.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #38

CWSapp757's Arena

Fictional Class 2

Overall Grade: B-

The National Championship is over and the Wisconsin Badgers walk away champions for the first time since 1941. The two biggest reasons for that.... junior Will Schayes and freshman small forward Francis Quinn. Will Schayes says that he would have never imagined he would be in the position that he is in now. "When I was a freshman in high school, I was focused on playing hockey. Embarrassing as it is, the only reason I starting playing basketball is because my mom saw me get punched in the face during a fight on the ice and she told me I had to pick another sport to play. I guess everything happens for a reason". Schayes averaged 16.2 points and 4.7 assists and hit the game winning shot in their 65 - 63 victory over Arizona in the championship game.

Although Schayes has been getting the attention, people have been raving that freshman point guard Brad Daniels out of Alabama will be the better player. Daniels only averaged 9.9 points and 5.0 assists but many seem to be sold on his potential. Michigan coach John Beilein says about Daniels, "As a coach that has coached against him, I can see that he just has that IT factor. He's young and he's still learning, but once he figures it out...... watch out".

Other notable point guards in this draft are:
Ohio State senior Tommy Nance (15.7, 2.9, 3.8)
Duke sophomore Nicholas Ramsey (ACC Defensive player of the year).

Shooting guard appears to be the deepest position in this draft class and a big reason for that is two prospects that are both near the top of the board. Rasheed Thompson, the unpredictable, high flying Senior 2 guard from Georgia, took home player of the year honors after averaging 23.6 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 3.2 assists. Thompson is without a doubt an excellent player but his attitude is less than stellar. During his sophomore season, Thompson got so angry after receiving a technical foul, he walked off the court and did not return. Before last season began, Thompson quit the team only to beg to come back one week later. When asked about the past situations, Thompson said "I mean, I don't know what you want me to say about those incidents. They are in the past right? That's where they should stay. I don't know why people insist on bringing these things up over and over again".

Another shooting guard at the top of the draft board is freshman Ray Campbell out of UConn. While Campbell, the number 2 prospect out of high school last year, had a very good year averaging 16.8 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.6 assists, he went 2-13 and scored only 6 points in the championship game. "I thought I knew for a fact that I was going to the NBA after my freshman year", Campbell said. "But after losing that championship game I really struggled with it. I went back and forth with the decision all day everyday. At the end of the day though, I had to do what was best for me and my family".

Other notable shooting guards:
Florida sophomore Daryl Perkins (SEC defensive player of the year)
Dayton senior Ronnie White (20.7 points per game)

There seems to be a lack of star power at Power Forward with the exception of Kevin Marshall. The freshman out of Arizona was a big reason why the Wildcats were in the championship game this year. With 27 points and 14 rebounds in that game, Marshall did all that he could do to help his team. "I hated playing against this guy. He always finds a way to help his team win. If his shot isn't falling, he always finds other ways to contribute" Ohio State senior forward Charlie Anderson said when asked about Marshall. "To be so young he really has a good feel for the game. I think if he could put on some weight and get a little stronger, he can be an All NBA player in the future".

Other notable players in this year's draft
Northwestern Senior SF Brad Benjamin (13.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists per game)
South Carolina Junior SF Erik Peters (SEC Defensive Player of the year 15.3 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.9 blocks, 2.2 steals per game)
Tennessee Senior PF OJ Greene (17.9 points, 6.9 rebounds per game),
Gonzaga Senior C Jesse Bowman (16.2 points, 8.4 rebounds per game)
Cincinatti Freshman C Jackie Lucas (12.6 points, 9.0 rebounds per game)

Top 5 Prospects
1) Ray Campbell Freshman SG Arizona 6'6 225 lbs 16.8 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game

2) Rasheed Thompson Senior SG Georgia 6'5 223 lbs 23.6 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game.

3) Francis Quinn Freshman SF Wisconsin 6'8 242 lbs 16.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.2 assists

4) Kevin Marshall Freshman PF Arizona 6'10 247 lbs 15.8 points, 10.7 rebounds, 0.6 assists,

5) Will Schayes Junior PG Wisconsin 6'2 172 lbs. 16.2 points, 2.1 rebounds, 4.7 assists

Old 10-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #39
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Appreciate the info man.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11

These write-ups are awesome. Please keep doing them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »