Home

the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2008, 02:33 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs41
Sorry if you've heard this Q a million times,

Why do you turn clutch factor off?
Because its a bad rating. For one you can't tell what players clutch ratings are and I don't trust 2k to get them right. Also, this game has hot/cold players, so I like going to a hot hand down the stretch. I don't trust a hidden clutch rating. It also seems to keep scores artificially close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrSong
Hello The Future.. I know this may sound corny but the slider set is The Future! You know what I'm saying?

Me and my brother love the sliders so far. Only thing I can contribute is that lay up success at 45 seems fine. My brother always find ways to crack the system and he tried to get to the rock every time but sometimes it resulted in a charging or a missed shot. Some baseline layups though that are point blank range were missed but this is HUM vs. HUM tested anyway. My brother had 52 points in the point and I had 38 but again that's a lack of defense on my part. The foul sliders are dope especially since at default we barely get over 10 free throws a game and that's 12 minutes per quarter.
Thanks man, I haven't played these HUM vs HUM so thats definitely encouraging. My buddy is gonna come over tomorrow and we are gonna play some games so hopefully i can tweak these a bit to come up with some more refined HUM vs HUM sliders.

As for the sliders, I'm still tweaking them, getting ready to play a game, but I've got some edits in mind. Anybody thats using these, can you give me the things that you feel are out of wack with these? Any stats would also be appreciated.

Last edited by the_future420; 10-12-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:01 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

This is a MUST READ IF YOU WANT THE MOST UP TO DATE AND BEST GAME SLIDERS

these are the most amaizing changes... i have noticed a few flaws although great....
1. whats with all the A.I (computer) allyoops
2.the balance between the gameplay speed between 45 and 50 i feel it needs to be inbetween the two
3. sometimes defense is a little slow getting back i get the odd opening (only when using quick players) stil little unrealistic
i changed a few things to fix the problems and should help keep the stats more realistic ( i have played way to many hours for my own good) and i play 8-10 min quarters you will get the stats you are looking for and the most perfect game play here it is
I have added a few things to fix these problems but remember this is superstar difficulty and it makes for a perfect game

MY CHANGED ARE DONE IN BLUE BESIDE THE CHANGES THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE WHICH ARE IN RED

DaoudS' Realistic Superstar Sliders with Applied Tendency Theory
The blue print of these sliders was Big Joe's, but I made a few changing upon recommendations and got pretty good results. Also used the tendency more efficiently after reading juk34man's thread. Now we figureed out that the coaching sliders effected the game tremendously, so get those from here.

FOR THE COACHING SLIDERS MAKE THE TEMPO % HIGHER THEN Listed in the one from the above ling so instead of lowering it m 17 make it 12!

Coaching sliders are a MUST get them from the link above but

DaoudS' Realistic Superstar Sliders with Applied Tendency Theory REVAMPED

UPDATED OCTOBER 12TH 4am!!!!!!

Difficulty: Superstar
Quarter Length: 8 - 10 Minutes
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Clutch Factor: OFF
Real Player FT%: On
Game Speed: 45 (45 if you want accurate stats)50 for better gameplay
Free Throw Difficulty: 50(ireccomend 45)

User Settings/CPU Settings

Offense:
Close Shot Success: 46/15 (46/18)
Mid-Range Success: 48/43(47/45)
3PT Success: 50/44
Layup Success: 50/44
Dunk Success: 50/50
Dunks in Traffic: 20/15
Screen Success: 55/50

Defense:
Steal Success: 50/50
Help Defense Strength: 55/55

Attributes:
Stealing: 40/40
Blocking: 42/42
Ball Handling: 50/50
Dunking Ability: 50/50
Offensive Awareness: 65/60
Defensive Awareness: 75/60
Offensive Rebounding: 41/40
Defensive Rebounding: 65/65
Clutch Factor: 0/0
Speed: 55/55 (or 50 for both)
Strength: 50/50
Stamina: 45/45
Durability: 50/50
Vertical: 46/46
Quickness: 50/50
Hustle: 80/55
Hands: 25/25
On-Ball Defense: 60/55
Injury Severity: 25/25

Tendencies:
Take Close Shots: 18/13
Take Mid-Range Shots: 26/41
Take 3PT Shots: 24/38
Attack the Basket: 27/22
Finish Strong Inside: 28/25
Look for Post Players: 25/20
Use Triple Threat: 28/30
Use Fadeaways: 26/26
Use Hookshots: 13/13
Attempt Putbacks: 27/26
Throw Flashy Passes: 5/5
Commit Fouls: 35/35
Play Passing Lanes: 36/35
Go for On-Ball Steals: 26/27
Contest Shots: 30/27
Use Sizeup Moves: 26/25

Fouls:
Charging: 75 (if you are playing on gameplay speed of 45 make charging 85)
Blocking: 70(If you are playing gameplay speed of 45 put to 80)
Reaching: 60
Shooting: 75
Loose Ball: 100

for anyone who looks at these do yourself a favour if your a true gamer and like realism in your games and are up still for the challenge of playing a pretty tough computer this is a must... totally different game i was sick of it till i used this

on another note mabe add a little to shot close scoring and mabe
for anyone who reads this you must also make the coashing changes they are a must it adds such a great flow to the game and yes my friends this makes the game a 9.5 in my books and id have to say with the changes this is a true realistic basketball game make sure you play on superstar great work im very impressed thanks for wasting all that time lol
Old 10-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Please don't hijack the thread.. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

hey nice sliders. i just got my 2k9 few days ago, and immediately im looking for a good realism slider. i tried many out there, but seems like yours suit my playing style the best.

i had a GREAT game using the bulls, against the heat.
i won 88-86 with a buzzer beater by Rose.
my fg was 40%, wade's team shot 43%
i could go pop the disc back in and check all the stats through VIP profile, but i promise you, everything else was PERFECTLY realistic. maybe points in the paint a little bit too high? its was like 50 and 44 or somewhere near there. i would prefer to see somewhere in the low 40s or high 30s, but this is Great for now.

just to see if playing against high scoring teams would do nice, i played against the Suns, using the Blazers.
this game was crazy, i know suns' offense is high octane,even the final score being 129-119 was excusable, the issue here is Raja Bell! dude has 33 by the half! raja bell damn! i wasnt leaving him totally open or anything, i was guarding nicely, just like in my previous game. he hits like 8/9 threes, and drew lots of foul when Suns ran the fast break. glad to see teams do play differently, but raja 33 at the half was just crazy.
maybe Suns were really hot in that particular game, even nash took some long range that i didnt really like. but thats ok, im gonna play another game with the Suns now, probably with a slower team, like detroit or spurs.
but anyway, 129-119(i lost), both teams shot 59% wow, even though Suns torched me from the outside, hitting 15/23(mostly bell), they still had 50 points in the paint. i was worse, i had 70 PitP. not that im forcing the issue, but having Nash on bayless or roy, it was smarter to just beat him off the dribble and get to the rim. combine that from oden and aldrige's post game, some second chance points of the offensive rebounds, i guess its possible it all adds up to 70 PitP. still alot though!

first game was PERFECT, no one was particularly hot, or rather, on a all-game-long hot streak, thats why 88-86 was exactly what i would expect from a real nba game. wade with 21, i forgot who my top scoring is, but no where above 24. my rose wit the game winner, only had 13 on a 4-13 shooting night, and thats all good. guarding nicely, knowing who to put pressure on, running plays.

however, 2nd game, though an excusable 129-119 game, raja 33 at the half, and 40 at the end, wasn't too nice. i didnt make change to any sliders or options though, and i played my usual sim style.

wow long post, hope someone reads it, or its really heart breaking. and hey! nice to be on OS for the first time

gonna play another game against the suns, and lets see how it goes(hopefully raja dont drop 81 on me)

and your sliders are great! good
Old 10-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

alright i just finished testing with the sliders, to confirm if raja bell was really the MVP of this year's game.
before i start, i would like to state i play on 10 min quarters, all star.

so, i lost. 124-98, blowout man.
previously my blazers lost to suns 129-119.
this time, SPURS lost to suns 124-98. wow

i still believe in these sliders man, thats why im gonna do another team, and just forget bout the Suns.

at the end of the game, looking at the stats actually seems pretty good.
Nash had 33 and 10 assits, typical nash on a good day. 12-17 fg though
Bell had 26, typical raja on fire? 10-13 fg(MVP)
amare just had 11 points and 4 rebounds. maybe duncan's presence?
Shaq, i think he had something like 14 points and 8 rebounds. pretty realistic. forgotten his fg though.
matt barnes had 12 points, pretty high fg as well.

on my side, the general stats are pretty realistic.
parker 19 and 8 assists on a 6-22(a cold parker but manages to get to the line)
ginobili off the bench with 21 points shooting slightly over 50%
duncan with 21 and 9 boards

my Spurs shot 53%, Suns shot 60% (75% at the half)

bell at the half had 17 points, and nash had 25 points. i just hate bell's stats lol.

the reason why Suns shot 60% and not 80% was that when they saw they blown out spurs, they took out the starters and put all the role players and rookies in, while some of my starters like parker duncan finley remained. so they kept missing. but it was too late, they outscored me by 33 midway through the 3rd.

the game was like this, as long as they are open, they make it. though they were 10/20 from long range in the end, they were like 8/9 at the half.
i admit some shots were open, and i dont even need to expect a rebound cos it was 100% going in. others were just crazy. bell is a spot up 3 guy, but he's playing like hamilton. he does all sort of v-cuts, backdoor, curl, all that the whole of first half and get abit of space for the 3. so i gave up and started to defend off-ball, using bell's defender, and following him making sure i dont knock into screens.
nash's game-end stats are nice, maybe not 12-17, but how he got those 32 points were simply killing me.
from the get go, he would hit anything if you just backed off a little. just a very small space, as in really small. most players wouldnt even pull up with such small space, bryant and tmac does that. nash pull up is great in real life, so is he's over the screens shot, but its not 100% man.
so i had to really really stick him, and what the virtual him would do is dribble and bump into me, when im getting bumped, he shoots the ball, and that would always go in. thats sam cassell style man, nash isnt so physical, or at least not do it all the time.
what im thinking is that the cpu would just make nash pull up whatever the case and drain it.
but not nash and bell, the WHOLE suns team are hot from long range, or a few steps in front of the 3 point line. they hit like 15 out of 19 from 3 and mid-range(a further mid-range)
and i cant give the excuse and say "hey the suns are hot today" because i played them 3 times, yeah 3(i only mentioned 2), and its all like that.
they are mad crazy when shooting.

i like how the sliders is making me miss a few of my hookshots and inside shots, thats why giving me good realistic stats. but the CPU almost never misses inside. they dont post like me and do hookshot, they make passes to cutting people, and even the paint is congested, those under the basket shots always go in for them. they had 70 points in the paint this time, as opposed to my 56.

it wasnt too fun playing against the suns, but nash ooped to amare twice in this game, was really a beauty to watch, and so realistic. amare would catch his man sleeping, speeds past him. nash seeing the whole action would lop it and amare would throw it down nice.

anyway, its late now here, gotta work.
im gonna test out the sliders tomorrow, probably celtics vs detroit.
i hate the suns, sorry suns' fans.

i believe its more of ratings than sliders that give the suns' players such hot streaks, in every damn game. its like they are supposed to give you such great fg night in and out.

im using rashidi's version 1.2 ratings though, wonder if he has already edited any of the suns' players. i know he completed philly.

good looking man, im out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundwork
alright i just finished testing with the sliders, to confirm if raja bell was really the MVP of this year's game.
before i start, i would like to state i play on 10 min quarters, all star.

so, i lost. 124-98, blowout man.
previously my blazers lost to suns 129-119.
this time, SPURS lost to suns 124-98. wow

i still believe in these sliders man, thats why im gonna do another team, and just forget bout the Suns.

at the end of the game, looking at the stats actually seems pretty good.
Nash had 33 and 10 assits, typical nash on a good day. 12-17 fg though
Bell had 26, typical raja on fire? 10-13 fg(MVP)
amare just had 11 points and 4 rebounds. maybe duncan's presence?
Shaq, i think he had something like 14 points and 8 rebounds. pretty realistic. forgotten his fg though.
matt barnes had 12 points, pretty high fg as well.

on my side, the general stats are pretty realistic.
parker 19 and 8 assists on a 6-22(a cold parker but manages to get to the line)
ginobili off the bench with 21 points shooting slightly over 50%
duncan with 21 and 9 boards

my Spurs shot 53%, Suns shot 60% (75% at the half)

bell at the half had 17 points, and nash had 25 points. i just hate bell's stats lol.

the reason why Suns shot 60% and not 80% was that when they saw they blown out spurs, they took out the starters and put all the role players and rookies in, while some of my starters like parker duncan finley remained. so they kept missing. but it was too late, they outscored me by 33 midway through the 3rd.

the game was like this, as long as they are open, they make it. though they were 10/20 from long range in the end, they were like 8/9 at the half.
i admit some shots were open, and i dont even need to expect a rebound cos it was 100% going in. others were just crazy. bell is a spot up 3 guy, but he's playing like hamilton. he does all sort of v-cuts, backdoor, curl, all that the whole of first half and get abit of space for the 3. so i gave up and started to defend off-ball, using bell's defender, and following him making sure i dont knock into screens.
nash's game-end stats are nice, maybe not 12-17, but how he got those 32 points were simply killing me.
from the get go, he would hit anything if you just backed off a little. just a very small space, as in really small. most players wouldnt even pull up with such small space, bryant and tmac does that. nash pull up is great in real life, so is he's over the screens shot, but its not 100% man.
so i had to really really stick him, and what the virtual him would do is dribble and bump into me, when im getting bumped, he shoots the ball, and that would always go in. thats sam cassell style man, nash isnt so physical, or at least not do it all the time.
what im thinking is that the cpu would just make nash pull up whatever the case and drain it.
but not nash and bell, the WHOLE suns team are hot from long range, or a few steps in front of the 3 point line. they hit like 15 out of 19 from 3 and mid-range(a further mid-range)
and i cant give the excuse and say "hey the suns are hot today" because i played them 3 times, yeah 3(i only mentioned 2), and its all like that.
they are mad crazy when shooting.

i like how the sliders is making me miss a few of my hookshots and inside shots, thats why giving me good realistic stats. but the CPU almost never misses inside. they dont post like me and do hookshot, they make passes to cutting people, and even the paint is congested, those under the basket shots always go in for them. they had 70 points in the paint this time, as opposed to my 56.

it wasnt too fun playing against the suns, but nash ooped to amare twice in this game, was really a beauty to watch, and so realistic. amare would catch his man sleeping, speeds past him. nash seeing the whole action would lop it and amare would throw it down nice.

anyway, its late now here, gotta work.
im gonna test out the sliders tomorrow, probably celtics vs detroit.
i hate the suns, sorry suns' fans.

i believe its more of ratings than sliders that give the suns' players such hot streaks, in every damn game. its like they are supposed to give you such great fg night in and out.

im using rashidi's version 1.2 ratings though, wonder if he has already edited any of the suns' players. i know he completed philly.

good looking man, im out.
Thanks for testing man, I see that you are playing 10 min quarters. I think the scores are too high then because I intend these to work for 12 min quarters. I've been seeing some of the same issues as you, too many players cutting to the hoop for easy buckets. I'm really starting to think that this is a hard coded part of the game. The CPU seems hell bent on cutting to the hoop and trying to force a pass in there when a lot of times they neccessarily shouldnt. Hopefully some of those passes aren't getting through, but too many times they do. I'm going to mess arund with the tendency sliders to try to help alleviate this but I honestly don't know how much it will help. I really wish there was a passing slider as well as a deflections slider. But more than anything I think that your CPU defenders in the paint just aren't as active and physical as they should be. They don't protect the rim enough. I also think I may bump the shooting fouls down just a bit. Did you see to many?

Gonna go test/tweak now. Thanks for the input

Last edited by the_future420; 10-12-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just finished a really good game (12 min, All-Star)--Lakers (me) 107 - Hawks (CPU) 105. Close, down-to-the wire action.

STATS:

Lakers 107 HAWKS 105

48/83 Field Goals 41/77
57 % FG % 53 %
5/13 3P 11/23
38 % 3p % 47 %
6/8 FT 12/16
75 % FT% 75 %
29 AST 28
12 TO 20
12 FOULS 12
27 REBOUNDS 40
3 OFF REBS 10
17 STL 9
2 BLOCKS 3
58 PIP 48
13 BENCH POINTS 2
6 SECOND CHANCE 10
8 FAST BREAK 4

First off, sliders are awesome. The game was well paced and played out well. One thing that was frustrating me was the rebounding, but it may have been my bad play, I don't know. As you can see, they owned me on the boards, and a lot of it was garbage. I mean, Josh Smith was grabbing offensive rebounds from behind both Gasol and Bynum, who just stood there. They had three offensive putbacks from missed FT's which were garbage again. But anyway.

Also, Joe Johnson went 19/29, 7/12 from 3, and had 51 points--ice water from everywhere. He was nailing threes with hands in his face all game. Had tight coverage on him, switched to double team in the third, no difference. I could live with that, though, I guess. Players get hot.

The major gripe I had about this game, though, wasn't even about the sliders. The CPU played JJ, Bibby, Marvin Williams, and Josh Smith all for 48 minutes. I hope that isn't common. I had my subs set to rotation, and every starter payed under 40 min.

I also did not get to the line at all until they started intentional fouling. I wasn't driving that much, but there were still plays that seemed whistle-worthy. Also, the goaltending in this game frustrates the hell out of me. I must have had 3 GT's in the first ten minutes on mistimed rebound attempts.

Overall, these sliders are really good. The rebounding, I don't know. I'll have to play a few more games to see how it goes. I like the flow of the game, though. I'll keep posting results.

*Oh yeah, fast breaking in this game is like running uphill in roller skates.

Last edited by Kernel Pie; 10-12-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #24
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Since I'm still in a testing mode Future I used your sliders for 6 minute quarters. I played two games as the Hornets.

The first was against Golden State and I beat them by 9 or 10. They shot a lot of 3's with Jackson and overall the sliders played out well. I didn't notice any stat that was way out of line other than the shot attempts. It's kind of strange because I rarely fast break and run the AUTO plays feature. I shot 36% and GS shot 33%.

The second game I took on the Celtics in Boston and the game went to 4OTs! Boston finally won by 3. 103-100. 6 minute quarters plus 4 OTs equals to 3 quarters of a 12 minute game.

Hornets...category.....Celtics

38/67...56%.......42/80..52%
10/17..3's..58%...Peja was on fire!.......4/20
14/17..free throws......15/16
22 Assists..a little high.....23
6....turnovers...a little low.........3
14...team fouls......13
23 rebounds..low but the shot %s were high in the game.....30
3....steals....6
5....blocks....5
44.....points in the paint........62

Overall not bad but, I was seeing the bullet passes into the paint by the CPU which leads to the high amount of assists and points in the paint. I stated in another thread the the team that had the highest average points in the paint per game last year averaged 48. 62 is just stupid.

It doesn't matter what the help defense is set at or the shot tendency slider, it's a problem and it's the only thing that really annoys me about this game.

We need to keep trying though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »