Home

the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders

Just finished another game--Lakers 95 (me) vs. Heat 88 (CPU). Pretty good game; they went ice cold down the stretch, but it was close till then.

Second straight game, though, where the CPU did not sub anyone out unless they were in foul trouble. Well, they did sub the center out, but no one else: DWade 46 min, Marion 48, Beasley 48. I don't know what's going on with that. Any help?

The sliders are very good except I cannot get an offensive rebound to save my life. I may have to up it, but I'll try a few more games the way it is. Scores are realistic, though, and the game feels fair and challenging. Still a little easy to go on a tear with KB--I may have to try some other teams.

Kobe: 16/28, a little easy.

DWade: 9/10, all in the paint.

Links to bigger pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Dlo/PICT0003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Dlo/PICT0004.jpg

Last edited by Kernel Pie; 10-12-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #26
Rookie

Played a couple more games and I had to move user OFF REB to 50, and STAMINA to 45. Without those, I had 3 total offensive rebounds in 2 straight games, and 2 straight games with basically no subs by the cpu. I only tried the stamina one game against the pistons, but the subs were legit. The other game I got crushed. Also, I tried moving SHOOTING FOULS to 70 for the first half of the Nuggets game. Couldn't tell if it was better or not, but there were definitely more free throws. I think something needs to be done with the fouls because I didn't see enough free throws tbh.

In the Pistons game I really concentrated on defense and slowing the game down. Once I got up by 12, I basically didn't take a shot before the shot clock hit like 6 or less; that's why there are so few shots. One thing about defense in this game, you really gotta play off the ball (in the right spot) and help out on cuts and pick and rolls. Anyway, that's how I was doing it.

I'm loving the shooting percentages, though. I think you have that nailed.

All games 12 min quarters, All Star diffficulty.

Lakers 93 (user) - Nuggets 113 (cpu)

Pistons 69 (cpu) - Lakers 84 (user)

*Oh yeah, I also play with the game speed at 55; personal preference, though, I guess. And I think I also lowered the stamina for the 2nd half of the Denver game--not 100% sure, though.

Last edited by Kernel Pie; 10-12-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 17

Guys I've made some changes and I think that you'll love them. I just had by FAR my best game yet. It was CHI(me) @ BOS. I ended up getting blown out, but this game was so realistic it was scary. Perfect tempo, turnovers, FG%, rebounds, PitP, fast break points, everything.
The final score was 88-112, but I have never had so much fun getting blown out. Here are the stats:

------------------CHI--------------BOS
Points-------------88--------------112
FGM/A/%------38/87/43%-------45/96/46%
3PTRS---------2/9/22%-------8/23/34%
FTs-------------10/24/41%------14/18/80%
Assists------------24---------------30
Turn--------------20----------------9
Fouls-------------16---------------18
Rebs--------------49---------------53
OReb-------------12---------------11
Steal------------- 6---------------15
Block--------------2---------------3
PitP-------------60--------------43
Bench-------------28--------------46
2nd Chance--------8---------------14
Fast Break---------14--------------8

I know you guys will look at those PitP stats and say I have too many, but I attacked the rim all game long. You can see I only had 9 3pt attempted. I forced alot of shots in the paint that I probably shouldn't have. Got to the line 24 times but it really didn't matter since I still can't hit the side of a barn at the stripe. BOS had 15 steals but none of them were cheap. Late in the game I began forcing passes that I shouldnt have on the break in a desperate attempt to catch up and they were picked off.

Guys, this game was amazing. I wish I could play another with this set but I have to go off to bed. The sliders changes are in in the first post. Let me know what you think

Last edited by the_future420; 10-13-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Awesome job with the sliders Future, been playing with 'em for a few games so far, and have been getting pretty good results. I'll post my next game's stats for ya.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:23 AM   #29
MVP

I really like these latest settings, though I may play around a bit with the on ball steal/reach-in foul/commit foul dynamic later.

Alright now I'm really off to bed. Gotta be up in 4 hours for work. 2k is draining all my energy!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:20 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

From my last game...

Team Stats:

Spurs(CPU) 98 Pistons(ME) 97

35/67 Field Goals 35/76
52 % Field Goal % 46 %
4/16 3 Pointers 6/13
25 % 3 Pointer % 46 %
24/31 Free Throws 21/26
77 % Free Throw % 80 %
21 Assists 24
19 Turnovers 15
19 Fouls 20
44 Rebounds 27
6 Offensive Rebounds 5
13 Steals 17
2 Blocks 5
44 Points In The Paint 34
26 Bench Points 15
12 2nd Chance Points 4
12 Fast Break Points 15

Notable Players:

Spurs:

T.Parker - 31 mins, 23 pts, 4 rebs, 9 asts, 2 stls.

M.Finley - 26 mins, 23 pts, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 2 stls.

M.Ginobili - 25 mins, 13 pts, 2 rebs, 5 asts, 3 stls.

T.Duncan - 31 mins, 12 pts, 16 rebs, 2 asts.

Pistons:

R.Wallace - 28 mins, 22 pts, 7 rebs, 4 asts, 4 stls, 3 blks.

R.Hamilton - 34 mins, 19 pts, 1 reb, 6 asts, 3 stls.

C.Billups - 33 mins, 18 pts, 3 rebs, 7 asts, 4 stls, 1 blk.

T.Prince - 32 mins, 17 pts, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 1 stl.

Notes:

- played on 10 minute quarters.

- have stamina at 43 for both sides.

- also played with clutch factor on in this game. I've played about the same amount of games with and without clutch factor, and I really haven't notice a lot of difference; could just be me though. when I do play with it on, I have clutch factor at 35 for both sides.

Besides the steals, (was playing way too aggressive on both sides of the ball) this game played great. Spurs dominated the boards all game long, even though it really did not feel like they did.

Edit: Going to try out your version 2 sliders next...

Last edited by Voliminal; 10-13-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #31
Rookie

Just finished a game with the new sliders, minus 2 changes: game speed 55, stamina 45. I am not seeing cpu subs with stamina at 50.

Bulls (me) 82 at Clippers (cpu) 88

Amazing, low scoring, defensive game here. I had a chance to tie with a 3 with 18 seconds left but couldn't get a shot off. D. Rose went 3-18 even though they were paying 5 feet off him. Couldn't hit nothing, lol. The rebounding was much, much better. My guys were were really making an effort for offensive rebounds--could have have been the team switch, though. But still, it was better. Points in the paint were great in this game--34% for me, 40 % for them. I liked this game a lot--it felt like real nba ball, and I really had to work for buckets. One thing though, I cannot pull off a step back J by pushing Y anymore. I don't know if these settings make it impossible. I also missed a few gimmies with Tyrus Thomas, and the cpu missed a bunch of close shots.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Just finished a game with the new sliders, minus 2 changes: game speed 55, stamina 45. I am not seeing cpu subs with stamina at 50.

Bulls (me) 82 at Clippers (cpu) 88

Amazing, low scoring, defensive game here. I had a chance to tie with a 3 with 18 seconds left but couldn't get a shot off. D. Rose went 3-18 even though they were paying 5 feet off him. Couldn't hit nothing, lol. The rebounding was much, much better. My guys were were really making an effort for offensive rebounds--could have have been the team switch, though. But still, it was better. Points in the paint were great in this game--34% for me, 40 % for them. I liked this game a lot--it felt like real nba ball, and I really had to work for buckets. One thing though, I cannot pull off a step back J by pushing Y anymore. I don't know if these settings make it impossible. I also missed a few gimmies with Tyrus Thomas, and the cpu missed a bunch of close shots.

Thanks for posting those. I run with the Bulls too. I can still pull off stepback Js. I'm not sure why that would be as a problem as I've actually increased ball handline. Ive done several with Ben Gordon. I think I may put the CPU layup success back at 44--even with the human player. I want them to make the open layups and some of the tougher layups occasionally, but every layup shouldnt be an automatic two--especially if there is congestion in the paint.

If you notice, the default coach setting for the Bulls is to crash boards--HARD its almost maxed so you should see off boards with them.

I'm wondering why others arent seeing as many fouls as me. I try to steal the ball when the opportunity presents and I challenge hard on most shots in the paint. I'm usually getting 18-23 fouls/gm/team but it seems others are getting lower. May be a difference in style.

Also as far as the CPU subbing, I would advise taking a 2nd controller if you have it and going into their coaching settings and changing CPU subs from fatigue to rotation. You only have to do this once everytime you turn on your 360. The settings carry over game to game.

Also, for those playing association, I think if you bump up stamina, it may lessen the effect of progressive fatigue for the season.

When I get home from work I will be playing 4 matchups to get a real feel for the sliders

Phoenix vs Denver--Higher scoring, up tempo game,fastbreak game
Houston vs San Antonio --Lower scoring, slower tempo, defensive game
Boston vs Los Angeles--Battle of Defense vs Offense, 2 good teams
Timberwolves vs Pacers--Two bad teams

Using what I see from these games I will be fine-tuning my sliders and making them final. I hope to make what will be my last adjustments as I want to start my association.

Last edited by the_future420; 10-13-2008 at 12:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »