Home

TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC

This is a discussion on TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2008, 03:05 AM   #1
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Post TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC

I've been working and tweaking the sliders since the game first came out for the PC and finally I have achieved realistic results. Although I believe that NBA 2K9 is a great Basketball Sim, it had it's flaws such as Opposing CPU Superstars not being able to dominate the user like they should be and that there was an unrealistic amount of Point in the Paint by the CPU. I finally made a set sliders to combat these two main issues and now I am having fun with the game. I also took some screenshots to prove that the sliders I have made achieved realistic results, I was the (User) Raptors playing against (CPU) Lebron's Cavs:

Copy of nba2k9 2008-12-15 02-32-16-09.jpg
nba2k9 2008-12-15 02-31-44-90.jpg

As you can see, Lebron (CPU) took over the game and was taking the majority of the shots which a Superstar should do. Also, in the team stats screenshot, you can see that the Cavs had 46 PIP which is not too high since Lebron was driving down the lane a lot. The shooting % is on par I believe, in the 40% mark.

I will post my sliders here later so that everyone can see them but for now I will be uploading my sliders so that those who don't want to bother adjusting their slider settings accordingly can just download it and place it in: C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\2K Sports\NBA 2K9\Saves

Here is the download link to my gameplay sliders and hopefully you can enjoy them as much as I do on your PC: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymom1d2zjkt (updated with the latest changes)

P.S. I am playing on PRO difficulty with 10mins Quarters, also it is important to press 3 on your keyboard when you are in the Quick Game screen after you have chosen your teams (user vs. CPU) in order to set the opposition's playbook to "ALL PLAYS" before you start the game. Or you can set all teams to use the "Standard Playbook" in the Coaching Profile before you start an Association or Season.

Well here is my latest slider settings, the first # is the User then the CPU (just a reminder, I'm playing NBA 2K9 on the PC so results may vary according to which console you are using):

Gameplay Settings
Difficulty: Pro
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Clutch Factor - ON
Game Speed: 50
Real Player FT% - On

NBA Rules
Charging: 60
Blocking Foul: 65
Reaching Fouls: 55
Shooting Foul: 75
Loose Ball Foul: 100

Offense
Close Shot: 33/33
Mid Range: 49/51
3PT Success: 48/51
Layup Success: 44/49
Dunk Success: 50/50
Dunks in Traffic: 50/50
Screen Success: 60/60

Defense
Steal Success: 20/20
Help Defense Strength: 60/60

Attributes
Stealing: 30/30
Blocking: 0/0
Ball Handling: 50/50
Offense Awareness: 50/50
Defense Awareness: 48/50
Offensive Rebounding: 41/41
Defensive Rebounding: 50/50
Clutch Factor: 5/5
Speed: 50/50
Strength: 50/50
Stamina: 45/45
Durability: 50/50
Vertical: 5/5
Quickness: 50/50
Hustle: 1/1
Hands: 40/40
On-Ball Defense: 42/58
Injury severity: 40/40

Tendencies
Take Close Shots: 50/26
Take Mid-Range Shots: 50/65
Take 3-Pt Shots: 50/35
Attack the Basket: 50/38
Finish strong: 50/50
Look For Post Players: 50/44
Triple threat: 50/65
Fadeaway: 50/50
Hook shot: 50/50
Putback: 50/50
Throw Flashy Passes: 0/0
Foul: 68/70
Play passing lanes: 55/55
On-ball steal: 40/40
Contest shot: 40/42
Size-up: 50/73

Don't forget the set the Opponent's Playbook to "ALL PLAYS" or "Standard Playbook" when you are using these sliders. Hope you guys enjoy them, have fun.

Last edited by tcnumba10; 12-23-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC

TC, would you mind posting your sliders here please? Thanks bro.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 12-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Very nice numbers. Did you use Meh and Ryan's roster?

@nicroni
Old 12-15-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Very nice numbers. Did you use Meh and Ryan's roster?
Yes I did use Meh & Ryans Total PC Roster v2.2 but I added my personal touch by making some minor tweaks such as raising one or two Star players on each team's shot tendency (close, mid) in the 80s-90s to make sure they shoot the most when I play against them.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Here's another screenshot of stats when the Raptors (User) was against the Pacers (CPU) using my sliders:

nba2k9 2008-12-16 00-02-34-20.jpg
nba2k9 2008-12-16 00-04-05-64.jpg

Granger took most of the shots for the CPU as expected and had the most points as he was leading the Pacers to a win over me. Shooting % for both teams is realistic and PIP is in the 40s since they were driving to the hoop and using post ups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I've been working and tweaking the sliders since the game first came out for the PC and finally I have achieved realistic results. Although I believe that NBA 2K9 is a great Basketball Sim, it had it's flaws such as Opposing CPU Superstars not being able to dominate the user like they should be and that there was an unrealistic amount of Point in the Paint by the CPU. I finally made a set sliders to combat these two main issues and now I am having fun with the game. I also took some screenshots to prove that the sliders I have made achieved realistic results, I was the (User) Raptors playing against (CPU) Lebron's Cavs:

Attachment 11753
Attachment 11754

As you can see, Lebron (CPU) took over the game and was taking the majority of the shots which a Superstar should do. Also, in the team stats screenshot, you can see that the Cavs had 46 PIP which is not too high since Lebron was driving down the lane a lot. The shooting % is on par I believe, in the 40% mark.

I will post my sliders here later so that everyone can see them but for now I will be uploading my sliders so that those who don't want to bother adjusting their slider settings accordingly can just download it and place it in: C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\2K Sports\NBA 2K9\Saves

Here is the download link to my gameplay sliders and hopefully you can enjoy them as much as I do on your PC: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?25mnzngddcy

P.S. I am playing on PRO difficulty with 10mins Quarters, also it is important to press 3 on your keyboard when you are in the Quick Game screen after you have chosen your teams (user vs. CPU) in order to set the opposition's playbook to "ALL PLAYS" before you start the game.
Please list the Gameplay Sliders
I can not download
Thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 12

Looks like you are getting good results, if you wouldn't mind posting the numbers when you get a chance, I would definitely like to try these on the 360.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

foul sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »