Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Alright, so I had most of the day to myself and I got to work on the final set. Suffice it to say, I am extremely pleased with what I have come up with, and I am confident that you all will enjoy this set.

The AI's fastbreak abuse? Solved.
The AI's tendency to bully themselves to the basket? Solved.
The AI's tendency to ignore the post and not use their big men? Solved.

I'm not saying that these sliders fully fix the game, or that they're the best out there. But what I will say is that almost all of the glaring problems with the AI have been remedied extremely well.

Let me know what you all think!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are you sure Injury Frequency is suppose to be 75? I tried the 65 injury frequency with Mkharsh's slider #2 set. In just three games, almost the whole league was injured, each team had atleast 1 to 4 injured players so I had to set it back to 50 injury frequency. Btw I play My Career so there are simmed games. I guess I'm going to put it back to 50?

Last edited by free24ride1; 10-31-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

OP can you make a slider set that do not alter the ratings? as we know now that the cpu are just getting boost in higher diff. and penalized in rookie/pro.
and gameplay wise there is no different at all in rookie to Hof if you are playing with the ai's true rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #12
Rookie

Can you make a slider for My Career?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:36 AM   #13
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
OP can you make a slider set that do not alter the ratings? as we know now that the cpu are just getting boost in higher diff. and penalized in rookie/pro.
and gameplay wise there is no different at all in rookie to Hof if you are playing with the ai's true rating.
Actually, the AI still has better reactions, and the timing windows for the User shrink, each time you go up a difficulty level.

As for the AI boosts, yes I am aware of these. However, I feel my slider set effects the relevant AI attributes sufficiently. Give them a try, and you will notice that the AI do not have the regular attribute boosts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Can you make a slider for My Career?
Unfortunately I do not play MyCareer, and have no interest in doing so, so I'm not sure I can be much help for that mode.

As for your injury concerns, Injury Frequency is set at 75 only for offline Quick Games. As you will see in my original post, I added an "Offline Association" set of sliders, and those sliders include Injury Frequency at 47. At 47, I am seeing just about the perfect amount of simulated injuries.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Unfortunately I do not play MyCareer, and have no interest in doing so, so I'm not sure I can be much help for that mode.
About My Career..

Well its like playing in offline association, but you play in "Player Lock" There are simmed games. You dont manage a team at all. Unlike association, you cannot change the player speed.

So instead of managing a team, you make your own player, get drafted, play games and you can't control the playeres on the team that your at, only your own player. (Since its in Player Lock depending on the position you made)

There's much more, but I think the one I said above was all you needed to know about the mode.

I hope you can make one, since with default sliders, its too easy on 12 minutes all star simulation. I've tried 12 minutes HOF simulation sliders, and it felt like the CPU was cheating on me, the game was unplayable.

Last edited by free24ride1; 10-31-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Actually, the AI still has better reactions, and the timing windows for the User shrink, each time you go up a difficulty level.

As for the AI boosts, yes I am aware of these. However, I feel my slider set effects the relevant AI attributes sufficiently. Give them a try, and you will notice that the AI do not have the regular attribute boosts.
Ill take a look at it. try playing in rookie(no boost in rating except -10 in SIT/SOD) and Hof(boost only in ball sec/SIT/SOT by at least 15).youll hardly see the difference. with almost 10 games i played i can conclude that the AI are just getting boost that affect your team offensively and defensively.there is no such thing that they get smarter/aggresive. It just looks like they are more aggresive in hof because of their speed/quickness boost.but gameplay wise its just the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
Rookie

Also EM, the fastbreak in coach profiles is also backwards this year like Run Plays? Is that why you lowered the values?

Last edited by free24ride1; 10-31-2012 at 10:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »