Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Man I love you with slider set i have very ralistic stat and the game also very funny, i enjoy every minute. I did only 2 changes
- The 3pt succes for cpu i rase 50
- The hustle for cpu i raise 25
Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also last question, would your values for fast break applies to other rosters as well, or only for 2K rosters? I am using slimm44's roster, and he has edited the coach profiles.. so I'm not sure if your values apply.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/view/1210...toltes.hu_.png here is my assoctiaton stat first match
Old 10-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
MVP

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Got the game humming beautifully.

Only problem and havent been able to find either a slider set or roster that fixes this, is the lack of shots taken by big men.

Played 2 games last night. Brook Lopez took 3 shots, Gortat 4.

IMO this issue can only be resolved by patch.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Alright, it looks like I have a lot to get to here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
About My Career..

Well its like playing in offline association, but you play in "Player Lock" There are simmed games. You dont manage a team at all. Unlike association, you cannot change the player speed.

So instead of managing a team, you make your own player, get drafted, play games and you can't control the playeres on the team that your at, only your own player. (Since its in Player Lock depending on the position you made)

There's much more, but I think the one I said above was all you needed to know about the mode.

I hope you can make one, since with default sliders, its too easy on 12 minutes all star simulation. I've tried 12 minutes HOF simulation sliders, and it felt like the CPU was cheating on me, the game was unplayable.
Can you use custom sliders in MyCareer? I thought I heard that you couldn't. If you can, then I would imagine that using my Quick Game slider set would still work well. What problems are you seeing in this mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
Ill take a look at it. try playing in rookie(no boost in rating except -10 in SIT/SOD) and Hof(boost only in ball sec/SIT/SOT by at least 15).youll hardly see the difference. with almost 10 games i played i can conclude that the AI are just getting boost that affect your team offensively and defensively.there is no such thing that they get smarter/aggresive. It just looks like they are more aggresive in hof because of their speed/quickness boost.but gameplay wise its just the same.
The only real difference I notice with the AI on higher difficulties is that all of the issues with your tendencies get even worse. At default All-Star, the AI has a tendency to go crazy on fastbreaks and they almost always attack the basket. On HoF, these tendencies are even worse, and even harder to fix.

But yes, most of the difference is in the attribute boosts the AI receives at higher difficulties. I believe there is another thread on this forum that addresses this issue, so perhaps you could apply the changes mentioned there?

Sorry I'm not much help on this subject. I usually stick to All-Star/Superstar (depending on the AI each year), and this year seems like All-Star is the way to go for me.

Quote:
Also EM, the fastbreak in coach profiles is also backwards this year like Run Plays? Is that why you lowered the values?
No, fastbreak is actually correct in the Coach Profiles. I lowered the values the way I did to remedy the AI's "all-out" fastbreak tendencies this year.

I noticed in testing that a value of 25 is almost perfect for a balanced fastbreak. The AI would push the ball up the court if the transition defense was lacking, and the AI would slow it down and set up their offense if the transition defense was strong.

So, from there I simply applied my +/- 5 system that has worked pretty well this year. For teams that are more cautious on the fastbreak, only pushing the ball up court if there is an opening, I lowered the value by 5. For aggressive fastbreak teams, I upped the value by 5.

This is my way of sort of condensing the value down, so instead of going from 0-100, you go instead from 15-30. And honestly, the results have been pretty impressive in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip00
Man I love you with slider set i have very ralistic stat and the game also very funny, i enjoy every minute. I did only 2 changes
- The 3pt succes for cpu i rase 50
- The hustle for cpu i raise 25
I also upped the CPU 3PT Success to 50, I just forgot to update the value in this thread. Whoops!

As for the CPU Hustle to 25, what differences have you noticed? I know that at my value of 15, the CPU fastbreak is nearly perfect (when coupled with my Coach Profile edits). I would guess that bumping the value up to 25 would increase the CPU fastbreak tendencies, but I'm not sure by how much.

I'm glad you like my sliders!

Quote:
Also last question, would your values for fast break applies to other rosters as well, or only for 2K rosters? I am using slimm44's roster, and he has edited the coach profiles.. so I'm not sure if your values apply.
The values SHOULD carry over to all rosters. I don't think that there is a "fastbreak" player tendency that roster makers can edit, so it seems the only way to edit this tendency is through Coach Profiles. So yes, my edits should have the same effects on your roster as on default 2k rosters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Got the game humming beautifully.

Only problem and havent been able to find either a slider set or roster that fixes this, is the lack of shots taken by big men.

Played 2 games last night. Brook Lopez took 3 shots, Gortat 4.

IMO this issue can only be resolved by patch.
That is strange. With these settings, I'm seeing a very realistic amount of shots from every position/player, including PFs and Cs.

What kind of shot numbers are you seeing from teams that ignore their bigs? Too many 3s? Is a certain player dominating the ball? Is the team attacking the basket too often?

If you can give me that information, I should be able to help you out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #22
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

New Update - Minor Changes

These were edits that I simply overlooked and forgot to post.

All updates are BOLD.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I see a lack of cpu turnovers when i manage to smack the ball they seem to always get it back.
Any Help?

And do these work on superstar?

Last edited by kenny123123; 11-01-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #24
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny123123
I see a lack of cpu turnovers when i manage to smack the ball they seem to always get it back.
Any Help?

And do these work on superstar?
I would imagine increasing User Hustle would fix this issue.

As for Superstar, I'm not sure. You could give them a try and tell me how they work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »