Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

I just played a game with these, using Slimm44's rosters and coach profiles. I was the Hawks and beat the Rockets 106-84. Didn't feel very difficult to score on them, I shot 56% for the game on 79 attempts. None of the players' stats were out of line as far as I could tell. I'll play another game against a tougher opponent to see if the difficulty level is the issue or if the Rockets just had a bad game.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #34
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgroov90
I just played a game with these, using Slimm44's rosters and coach profiles. I was the Hawks and beat the Rockets 106-84. Didn't feel very difficult to score on them, I shot 56% for the game on 79 attempts. None of the players' stats were out of line as far as I could tell. I'll play another game against a tougher opponent to see if the difficulty level is the issue or if the Rockets just had a bad game.
Good idea.

Was the AI just playing poorly on offense and defense? What were they doing on defense that made it easy for you?
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Was the AI just playing poorly on offense and defense? What were they doing on defense that made it easy for you?
Offensively they just couldn't seem to catch a break. Harden had a really poor game, and there was a stretch at the beginning of the third where we had a 20-7 run that really put them in a bad spot.

The Rockets actually played half decent defense, honestly we just had a really good shooting game. I noticed that Smith and Horford were drawing a ton of fouls in the low post, not sure if that was an anomaly or not. I'll be playing the Thunder tonight, so I'll have some stats and thoughts from that game soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #36
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgroov90
Offensively they just couldn't seem to catch a break. Harden had a really poor game, and there was a stretch at the beginning of the third where we had a 20-7 run that really put them in a bad spot.

The Rockets actually played half decent defense, honestly we just had a really good shooting game. I noticed that Smith and Horford were drawing a ton of fouls in the low post, not sure if that was an anomaly or not. I'll be playing the Thunder tonight, so I'll have some stats and thoughts from that game soon.
Oh alright. Those types of games should happen, from you and from the CPU, from time to time.

Keep me posted!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #37
Rookie

RIP GUTT CAPONE's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon14 Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Just ran my first association game with these and ive never been so pleased with losing a game, lol. I am cleveland, and played the bulls in game 2, i saw great ball movement, smart plays, great passes, good dunks and decent use of big men by the cpu. I dropped 31 with irving and had a good game on the boards with andy and zeller, but the bulls were too much in the end. I lost by 11, but didnt feel cheated at all. The game felt smooth and realistic, with both hot and cold streaks from both teams. Great set man, cant wait to start another game. Ill try to post some stats if i can put the controller down.

Loving 2k15,
Kinda hating Destiny
Hate NBA live 14
Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Would it make sense if I put the values on tendency for user as well? Or is it really only for the CPU?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #39
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Offensive Awareness, in my tests, has a direct effect on the type of offense the AI runs. The higher the Offensive Awareness, the more likely the AI is to attack the basket, run a quicker offense, and ignore their bigs.

Which teams are you seeing this issue with? On the teams that actively use their bigs in the post IRL, I am seeing an accurate portrayal of their offense in-game.
Only played 2 games and saw Gortat and Lopez go unused. Scola had 12 shots though mainly on jumpers.

Ill lower off awareness to 0 to see what happens
Old 11-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #40
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Would it make sense if I put the values on tendency for user as well? Or is it really only for the CPU?
The only tendencies that should have any effect on your team would be Play Passing Lanes, Contest Shots, and Backdoor Cuts. Other than those, I don't think the tendencies effect the User team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Only played 2 games and saw Gortat and Lopez go unused. Scola had 12 shots though mainly on jumpers.

Ill lower off awareness to 0 to see what happens
Interesting. I'm guessing this is a Coach Profile issue.

However, let me know if editing Offensive Awareness helps you here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »