Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #33
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

I just played a game with these, using Slimm44's rosters and coach profiles. I was the Hawks and beat the Rockets 106-84. Didn't feel very difficult to score on them, I shot 56% for the game on 79 attempts. None of the players' stats were out of line as far as I could tell. I'll play another game against a tougher opponent to see if the difficulty level is the issue or if the Rockets just had a bad game.
sgroov90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #34
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgroov90
I just played a game with these, using Slimm44's rosters and coach profiles. I was the Hawks and beat the Rockets 106-84. Didn't feel very difficult to score on them, I shot 56% for the game on 79 attempts. None of the players' stats were out of line as far as I could tell. I'll play another game against a tougher opponent to see if the difficulty level is the issue or if the Rockets just had a bad game.
Good idea.

Was the AI just playing poorly on offense and defense? What were they doing on defense that made it easy for you?
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #35
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Was the AI just playing poorly on offense and defense? What were they doing on defense that made it easy for you?
Offensively they just couldn't seem to catch a break. Harden had a really poor game, and there was a stretch at the beginning of the third where we had a 20-7 run that really put them in a bad spot.

The Rockets actually played half decent defense, honestly we just had a really good shooting game. I noticed that Smith and Horford were drawing a ton of fouls in the low post, not sure if that was an anomaly or not. I'll be playing the Thunder tonight, so I'll have some stats and thoughts from that game soon.
sgroov90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #36
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgroov90
Offensively they just couldn't seem to catch a break. Harden had a really poor game, and there was a stretch at the beginning of the third where we had a 20-7 run that really put them in a bad spot.

The Rockets actually played half decent defense, honestly we just had a really good shooting game. I noticed that Smith and Horford were drawing a ton of fouls in the low post, not sure if that was an anomaly or not. I'll be playing the Thunder tonight, so I'll have some stats and thoughts from that game soon.
Oh alright. Those types of games should happen, from you and from the CPU, from time to time.

Keep me posted!
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #37
Rookie
 
RIP GUTT CAPONE's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: OHIO
Blog Entries: 1
Icon14 Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Just ran my first association game with these and ive never been so pleased with losing a game, lol. I am cleveland, and played the bulls in game 2, i saw great ball movement, smart plays, great passes, good dunks and decent use of big men by the cpu. I dropped 31 with irving and had a good game on the boards with andy and zeller, but the bulls were too much in the end. I lost by 11, but didnt feel cheated at all. The game felt smooth and realistic, with both hot and cold streaks from both teams. Great set man, cant wait to start another game. Ill try to post some stats if i can put the controller down.
__________________
Buckeyes-- Indians-- Browns-- Cavs


Loving 2k15,
Kinda hating Destiny
Hate NBA live 14
RIP GUTT CAPONE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #38
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Would it make sense if I put the values on tendency for user as well? Or is it really only for the CPU?
free24ride1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #39
MVP
 
Smirkin Dirk's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,386
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Offensive Awareness, in my tests, has a direct effect on the type of offense the AI runs. The higher the Offensive Awareness, the more likely the AI is to attack the basket, run a quicker offense, and ignore their bigs.

Which teams are you seeing this issue with? On the teams that actively use their bigs in the post IRL, I am seeing an accurate portrayal of their offense in-game.
Only played 2 games and saw Gortat and Lopez go unused. Scola had 12 shots though mainly on jumpers.

Ill lower off awareness to 0 to see what happens
Smirkin Dirk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #40
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Would it make sense if I put the values on tendency for user as well? Or is it really only for the CPU?
The only tendencies that should have any effect on your team would be Play Passing Lanes, Contest Shots, and Backdoor Cuts. Other than those, I don't think the tendencies effect the User team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Only played 2 games and saw Gortat and Lopez go unused. Scola had 12 shots though mainly on jumpers.

Ill lower off awareness to 0 to see what happens
Interesting. I'm guessing this is a Coach Profile issue.

However, let me know if editing Offensive Awareness helps you here.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Top -