Home

NBA 2K7: What I think...

This is a discussion on NBA 2K7: What I think... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
NBA 2K7: What I think...

Ok, now that I've had the game 4 a few days, I can say with absolutely no hesitation that whoever did that review on IGN is straight up on crack! And no, not the Demo...80's, Harlem, brain cell destroying C-R-A-C-K! Homeboy seriously needs an intervention!

Sure the game's not without it's share of flaws (although there aren't many) but this is BY FAR the best vitural hoops title ever made and I'll put good money up that Live's not gonna be able 2 compete with its depth or level of realism.
Every game I've played has it's own feel, pace and identity. Even when I play with the same teams, it still feels brand new. The signature style has brung out exactly what's been missing in bball games...a true feel of authenticity. Gone are the days of blowing a team like Charlotte out simply because they have a low rating. With the newly installed team sliders coupled with individual sliders, sig style and greatly improved cpu AI, every team can compete...and that's how the real NBA game is played. Yes this team may be 11-71 but they ARE professionals so the score's not gonna be indicative of a high school versus pee-wee leauge squad.

2K7 does something else...something more personal....it evokes emotion. I can't even begin 2 tell u how many times I've wanted 2 punch a hole in my television screen because I lost a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter cause one of the other team's star player caught fire while my whole squad hit a dry spell and couldn't hit the side of a planet! @ the same time, I've had many moment where I jumped out my seat, hopping around like a ****** after hitting a game winner or as in my last game, caught a game-winning block with Shaq on a Kobe dunk attempt (that was friggin sweet)

All in all, this game's just f**kin' awesome and come 2morrow or Tuesday or whenever they release it, you'll all be able 2 relate!

Also, people take the reviews on these sites 2 heart (and rightfully so) but keep in mind....all that is, is ONE person's opinion...just one dude. In MY opinion, NBA 2K7 gets 2 Vince Carter 360 slam dunks and a 9.5....str8 CLASSIC!!!

Ya boy,

Rebel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K7: What I think...

good stuff rebel.

now get on xbox live!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the comments Rebel!

You said the game has its fair share of flaws. What in your mind are these?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7

Rebel, if you don't mind me asking....... How did you get a copy so soon?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrams2881
Thanks for the comments Rebel!

You said the game has its fair share of flaws. What in your mind are these?
Well, the same problem where they stop on fast brakes momentarily when they catch the ball is still there. It doesn't hurt the gameplay too much but it's definately something that needs 2 be addressed. The glitches with the uniforms persist. Again, it doesn't hurt the gameplay but it's just ugly 2 look @. There's also another glitch I encountered where I couldn't inbound the ball and had 2 call a time-out. What sucks is that it was my last one and there was about 15 seconds left in a game where I was trailing by 2. Again, I've only encountered it one so hopefully it was just a brain freeze by the game. Off the top of my head, that's all I can think of...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #6
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Have you been able to complete a game in street mode? Pared is having problems with his copy and said the Street Mode may be broken..
Old 09-24-2006, 11:04 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

This game looks amazing and im glad that it plays amazing also!
Old 09-24-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Well, the same problem where they stop on fast brakes momentarily when they catch the ball is still there. It doesn't hurt the gameplay too much but it's definately something that needs 2 be addressed. The glitches with the uniforms persist. Again, it doesn't hurt the gameplay but it's just ugly 2 look @. There's also another glitch I encountered where I couldn't inbound the ball and had 2 call a time-out. What sucks is that it was my last one and there was about 15 seconds left in a game where I was trailing by 2. Again, I've only encountered it one so hopefully it was just a brain freeze by the game. Off the top of my head, that's all I can think of...
The part where the player would slow down to catch the ball during fastbreak should have something to do with the passing skills of your PG or whoever is passing. If it isn't then I think it is a flaw that will be hard to overlook in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »