Home

How do I consistently get the "One hand up" animation when I close out on a shooter?

This is a discussion on How do I consistently get the "One hand up" animation when I close out on a shooter? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
How do I consistently get the "One hand up" animation when I close out on a shooter?

If you move the left stick (not the right) towards someone in the act of shooting, you'll put a hand up to contest the shot.

I could do it just fine on my old sliders, but when I downloaded new sliders I found I could only do it once in a while. I tried maxing all my defensive sliders and that didn't work-- I even tried copying my defensive sliders identically to the new downloaded slider set and that didn't work.

What controls the ability to get this animation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: How do I consistently get the "One hand up" animation when I close out on a shoot

It is actually random man.

I used to try to see if holding away from the player and tapping Y but that doesn't work

It is definitely random

I don't think sliders affect that
Old 03-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How do I consistently get the "One hand up" animation when I close out on a shoot

Although I'm on 2K8, maybe it's same for 2K9. On 2K8 it happens by holding the left stick towards the shooter and pressing Y/triangle (without the aggressive modifier). There has to be quite a lot distance between the defender and the shooter to get that animation.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

It's not the Y button and it's not random-- like I said, I can get it at will on my own sliders but not the new ones I downloaded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »