Home

Found out today ship date for 2k9

This is a discussion on Found out today ship date for 2k9 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Found out today ship date for 2k9

As many of you already know, every major title that comes out, I get it early... 2k has always shipped their games so they arrive the Monday before it releases, but to my surprise, my source informed me today that NBA 2k9 will be shipped on Sept. 27... Woot!!

I'm soo stoked now!

upfste 10/1 4:50pm central

GOOD NEWS & BAD NEWS...

GOOD: I will be unveiling an NBA game tonight....

BAD: It will be NBA Live 09 not NBA 2k9

Not that its all that bad, seeing as if you are an individual looking to check out both games... The shipment from the Distribution Center is set to arrive tomorrow....

PDATE 10/1
My apologies to those that came to the channel yesterday... I was just as let down as you all when I was told that game would be in on the 1st... I've posted a new unveiling time at 7:15 central at my channel... www.justin.tv/yuckmouf... All you have to do is add my channel as a fav and it will send you a reminder to your email to let you know when my broadcasting will start as well as a 5 min till alert. I'm waiting on that beloved phone call that says, I have it, come get it

UPDATE 9/27

Just an update for you guys... EA has shipped NBA Live 09 and I am ticked I don't have it... My source says they are sitting in the distribution center waiting to be sent out to all the stores that the DC services games to. NBA 2k9 is still on schedule to ship on 29th and if the DC's dont mess around and just send it straight to the stores, then I will have it...

Most Likely Monday for NBA Live and Tuesday for for 2k

Keep hope alive... We need some type of basketball fix...

9/15 OK.. Let me polish some things up...

First off, when I say the game ships, it means that it will leave that day, and be at the store the very next day...

***UPDATE***
NBA 2k9 will ship on the 29th
NBA Live 09 will ship on the 26th

So I will have both games the DAY AFTER the date you see here... This does not mean that you guys will be able to get them this early if they have a "street date", but it does mean they will have them in the back storage room... If you want to get hustlin' and try to get them to sell you one, be my guest.

I will not post screens or videos, ratings, etc.

I WILL DO BETTER THAN THAT!!!

I will do a live stream for everyone who wants stats, ratings, courts, faces, etc. over at my "CHANNEL" at justin.tv

Address is www.justin.tv/yuckmouf

If you want to see a players face... You will see it... Wanna see the home court... I'll stream it live... Wanna see Kobe dunk on someone (me 2) I will gladly dunk on whoever you want me to until I am blue in the face....lol... I will unwrap the game "live" and I will put the schedule up later on today or tomorrow at my channel...

List it as a favorite, and it will notify you when I release the schedule!

Last edited by yuckmoufjonez; 10-01-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Found out today ship date for 2k9

so could there be any truth to Jeff Thomas saying it would be released October 2???
source: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-youtube.html
Old 09-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
Rookie

mbyankees23's Arena

OVR: 7

That would be freaking sweet if its true and this game gets released early. If I remember correctly I think it was released early last year. It would be sweet to stick to EA Sports as well. But it wouldn't bother me if EA tried to release Live early as well b/c 2k would counter and release early as well.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Good because I work at the Gamestop warehouse and with Live 09 and 2k9 coming out the same day that was some major ot that I didn't want
Old 09-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
As many of you already know, every major title that comes out, I get it early... 2k has always shipped their games so they arrive the Monday before it releases, but to my surprise, my source informed me today that NBA 2k9 will be shipped on Sept. 27... Woot!!

I'm soo stoked now!
As usual, we are going to expect your early reviews of the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 02:21 AM   #6
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

yuckmouf ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:28 AM   #7
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Dude is lucky. Of course North Jers won't get it early, they only do the **** for Madden.

Maybe that will change this year?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #8
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

The fact that everyone is so happy about this stuns me.

We have yet to see any footage of this game, gameplay wise. And its 19 days away from release.

5 days before the competition. But were so stoked?

I mean seriously, what do we know about this game other than the many written blogs and previews. Have we seen one thing. No online videos. No feature videos, and absolutely no gameplay.

I trust 2ksports will definitely make a good basketball game for 2k9. But what is so wrong with the game, that we can't see anything on it. All the way up to release.

Which even creates more questions?

Why no demo by now if 19 days left before retail?

Think about my brothas?

Last edited by Behindshadows; 09-14-2008 at 02:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »