Home

Less slider changes = Better Gameplay?!

This is a discussion on Less slider changes = Better Gameplay?! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Less slider changes = Better Gameplay?!

Hi boys, I haven't came here for a long time as I made a nice set of slider for myself and played many games and having lots of fun with 2k! However, I kinda kept changing back and forth like most of you and ended up screwing everything so I decided to start all over again. I don't wanna give up this game yet as OCT is still far away...So I finally found something very interesting, there were a few slider changes that everyone here made so did myself because we all thought it was a must, such as:Max Def awareness and Lower Off awareness100 Mid range shot tendency, 0 close shot tendencyAnd I found out that the gameplay became weird like big men passing to each other back and forth in the paint...and the cpu seemed to play really awkward when too much changes are made in the tendencies...So what I observed after more than 20 games these two days is that, those bullet passes to the paint causing PIP, and those non-stop and unstoppable fast break by the cpu, is mostly dued to THE SPEED SLIDER! Because the cpu seemed to move faster than user when both are set to 50, so what I did is lower 10 for user, lower 25 for cpu, so now is user 40, cpu 25, or somthing similar to this, that way, the cpu no longer abused me EVEN AT HOF LEVEL!!! Give it a try, I am trying to fix a few more things...but this is one heck of a discovery to me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Less slider changes = Better Gameplay?!

Less Slider Changes + GOOD Rosters (Not 2K Insiders Rosters); maybe
Old 05-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Less Slider Changes + GOOD Rosters (Not 2K Insiders Rosters); maybe
Whats a good rosters? I find that changing too much of the roster esp editing each player is way tooooo much. I am just trying and had some success already on fixing it based on slider, NO COACH PROFILE EDITS because in dynasty, once the team switch coaches, then what happens? So editing a little on the slider should be good.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Neon

OR

Nogster/PortlandBlazer
Old 05-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
MVP

Whats the difference compared to 2k's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

the main difference. and the MOST IMPORTANT difference.
is we have updated player and coach tendencies. so players and teams play more like their real life counterpart. and player and team stats are MUCH more realistic. and actually resemble the nba.
the 2k insiders hasnt even touched them.
so youve got wacked simmed stats and league leaders. rebound leaders dont even reach double figures. etc..etc...
and the cpu gameplay isnt as refined.

to me. player shooting tendencies and coach profiles are the single most important factor in getting a good playing and realistic simmed stats for your season/association.
it just amazes me that the insider has ignored this..making his product totally out of date.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
MVP

Thumbs up Re: Less slider changes = Better Gameplay?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
the main difference. and the MOST IMPORTANT difference.
is we have updated player and coach tendencies. so players and teams play more like their real life counterpart. and player and team stats are MUCH more realistic. and actually resemble the nba.
the 2k insiders hasnt even touched them.
so youve got wacked simmed stats and league leaders. rebound leaders dont even reach double figures. etc..etc...
and the cpu gameplay isnt as refined.

to me. player shooting tendencies and coach profiles are the single most important factor in getting a good playing and realistic simmed stats for your season/association.
it just amazes me that the insider has ignored this..making his product totally out of date.
So did you end up finishing all the teams and all the players, now I would like to give it a try and see how good and what kinda of a job you guys did. So, you did solve most of the problems that is killing most of us here? PIP? Unstoppable fast break of CPU? etc etc etc??? Thanks.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

try it for yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »