Home

Help Before Starting My Association

This is a discussion on Help Before Starting My Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Help Before Starting My Association

So, I've finally found a roster and sliders that I like. I have noticed, scattered throughout various threads, that there are a number of things you need to do in your association to make it run correctly.

For example, I have noticed a number of people that control all 30 teams, to prevent horrible computer trades. I like this idea...but how time consuming is this?

I have also noticed that at least a couple people intimate that you can't have a successful (meaning: realistic) draft class without downloading them. Is this true?

Finally, is there anything else I need to do to have a realistic experience? I ask because sometimes it's hard to change these things after you've gotten started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: Help Before Starting My Association

I use downloaded draft classes. They are great, but I heard generic aren't so bad either. I'm actually trying out controlling all 30 teams for the first time, so I can't help you there.

Ditto on the help.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Controlling all 30 teams can be time consuming. You can cut down on it by letting the CPU set rotations so you don't have to redo them after every injury. You can control just one team and turn off CPU trades, but there are still issues. They still overpay on free agents and every team winds up over the cap. They also draft badly and you get teams with 5 or 6 pgs. The final issue is the CPU signing D-League guys and then not playing top draft picks or NBA Players. To eliminate this you can edit all the D-league down at the start. The easiest way is to reduce their potential and also lower other categories. If they have low potential and are rated below a 60 overall, there shouldn't be much problem with the CPU signing a bunch of D-leaguers.

As far as draft classes, I prefer the 2kshare downloads. Rebirth has done a nice job doing the next 4 years of classes. They are pretty realistic. Guys don't come in and dominate right out of college, but they develop nicely and in a few years guys like Favors are all star players. The only suggestion I have is to watch the shot tendencies and the foul tendencies on the draft picks. Some guys have really low shot tendencies. As an example Duhon, who rarely shoots, is a 43. Some of the draft picks will come with shot tendencies below 30. This is the main problem with CPU generated classes. Rebirth's classes are pretty good about the shot tendency. Only a few need adjustment. I'm also not a fan of high foul tendencies. Big men with foul tendencies in the 90s will struggle to play 20 minutes with less than 6 fouls. I try to edit those down too.

The draft picks from the CPU generated drafts also tend to have low shooting skills. I noticed that after simming about 15 years (thus 11 years of CPU classes), every team was shooting less than 45% and most teams struggle to score 90.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 32

Does he have 4 draft classes? I have the first 2, but are the next 2 good as well?
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 12-29-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
Does he have 4 draft classes? I have the first 2, but are the next 2 good as well?
yes, he has 10,11,12, and 13. They are all vastly superior to any CPU generated class. Make sure you download the 3.0 version so you don't have any age issues. If you don't and you notice that guys are 1992 years old, you will have to edit all of their ages or they retire after one year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
Rookie

dazpoo23's Arena

OVR: 7

Im in favor of only controlling your own team and turning CPU trades off. Then during the off-season if Fa's haven't signed to realistic teams then use your own team to facilitate a trade and get players where you want them. I cant be adjusting lineups for 30 teams especially when you have injury and durability slider set to a realistic amount(dur-80).

Dont forget to adjust all d-league players to maximum ages, so they retire at the end of the season and real rookies from downloaded class can be brought in.

For draft class checkout the ones in my sig, there RAZRs edits but with all appearances redone.

dazpoo23, CultGame.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
Rookie

Onpoint17's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazpoo23
Dont forget to adjust all d-league players to maximum ages, so they retire at the end of the season and real rookies from downloaded class can be brought in.
I never thought about this. I haven't touched my D-league at all. Would I need to set the ages to maximum every season for the D-leaguers?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #8
Rookie

dazpoo23's Arena

OVR: 7

it seems to prevent them from getting signed as much & for a lot less, and for a shorter period of time. No-one really wants d-leagues messing up rosters, karl fuller, derek schroeder, roy simpson, anyone,

dazpoo23, CultGame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »