Home

Morale in Association Mode

This is a discussion on Morale in Association Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Morale in Association Mode

So I am facing a dilemma in my Association regarding player morale...

I made a trade for Carl Landry of the Sacramento Kings (he was on the block, and I really wanted to upgrade my backup PF beyond Brandon Bass and Ryan Anderson). Being that Landry was a starter in Sacramento, he took a morale hit when I re-assigned his role as "role player" instead of starter.

Well, Matt Barnes ended up getting a mild injury - one that he could play through, but I decided since he and Pietrus are so close in skill that I'd go ahead and start Pietrus over Barnes while Barnes was hampered with injury. Pietrus was my current 6th man. Well, I admit I didn't think this one quite through - to try to get Landry's morale up, I upgraded Pietrus from 6th man to Starter, and upgraded Landry from Role player to 6th man. Obviously his morale went up, and so did Landry a bit. But in the process I demoted Barnes from a starter to a role player. He's pretty pissed about it.

I want to keep Barnes around, I like him in real life and in the game. He's getting close to wanting a trade, and I'd like to get his morale back up. My plan is, when he gets healthy again to give him back his starter role, and I'm hoping that will get his morale back to normal. Unfortunately, I figure the same thing will happen to Pietrus when he gets demoted from starter to role player.

It seems like between Pietrus, Barnes, and Landry, someone is gonna be pissed off with their role. Am I just gonna have to end up parting ways with one of these guys because I can't keep them all happy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Morale in Association Mode

Player roles are based on their overall rating, so Landry will only be happy as a starter (30+mins) or sixth man (20+mins). Barnes and pietrus will be happy as role players, as long as their overall isn't higher than 73. If you put them in these roles with the right minutes their morale will continue to go up.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj54
Player roles are based on their overall rating, so Landry will only be happy as a starter (30+mins) or sixth man (20+mins). Barnes and pietrus will be happy as role players, as long as their overall isn't higher than 73. If you put them in these roles with the right minutes their morale will continue to go up.
So the actual minutes can make them happy? I thought I had heard only the role really mattered, I.E. you could give someone 25+ minutes a game, but if they are a 6th man and want to be a starter, it won't matter.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408

I made a trade for Carl Landry of the Sacramento Kings (he was on the block, and I really wanted to upgrade my backup PF beyond Brandon Bass and Ryan Anderson). Being that Landry was a starter in Sacramento, he took a morale hit when I re-assigned his role as "role player" instead of starter.

Well, Matt Barnes ended up getting a mild injury - one that he could play through, but I decided since he and Pietrus are so close in skill that I'd go ahead and start Pietrus over Barnes while Barnes was hampered with injury. Pietrus was my current 6th man. Well, I admit I didn't think this one quite through - to try to get Landry's morale up, I upgraded Pietrus from 6th man to Starter, and upgraded Landry from Role player to 6th man. Obviously his morale went up, and so did Landry a bit. But in the process I demoted Barnes from a starter to a role player. He's pretty pissed about it.

I want to keep Barnes around, I like him in real life and in the game. He's getting close to wanting a trade, and I'd like to get his morale back up. My plan is, when he gets healthy again to give him back his starter role, and I'm hoping that will get his morale back to normal. Unfortunately, I figure the same thing will happen to Pietrus when he gets demoted from starter to role player.

It seems like between Pietrus, Barnes, and Landry, someone is gonna be pissed off with their role. Am I just gonna have to end up parting ways with one of these guys because I can't keep them all happy?
Nice, I love roster management like this (some people may be pissed off; cry babies)

You can play them more minutes; it will raise their morale
Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Nice, I love roster management like this (some people may be pissed off; cry babies)

You can play them more minutes; it will raise their morale
I like it too - it makes it realistic. Some people won't be happy on their team / in their situation. It happens in real life, and general managers and coaches have to manage that. I like the morale system in this game's Association.

But thanks, I will try just upping their minutes and see how that helps. Barnes just recently recovered from injury, so I put him back to the role that he was before - starter. His morale is up, but not where it started, and I guess because I only have him at 25 mpg instead of 30+ I had him before.

Still gonna be rough, because with acquiring Landry, I now essentially have 2 6th men with Pietrus and Landry, both wanting big minutes off the bench, so I'm gonna have to manage accommodating the 2 of them, giving Barnes his minutes, and not pissing off the rest of my bench.

In the meantime, I have Barnes on the block, to see if there's anything worthwhile that I can get for him if I'm not able to juggle everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Don't change the player roles every 2 minutes. Leave them the way they are unless someone is on a hot streak or gets traded or sucks. If they are injured on the inactive list or even on the active list injured they won't care how much minutus they recieve.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Don't change the player roles every 2 minutes. Leave them the way they are unless someone is on a hot streak or gets traded or sucks. If they are injured on the inactive list or even on the active list injured they won't care how much minutus they recieve.
Yea like I said I didn't think it through. I don't typically change roles due to injury, but I figured it was an opportunity to try to increase Landry's moral, by making Pietrus a starter, and moving Landry to 6th man. Unfortunately, I didn't think it through in terms of ruining Barnes' morale, as well as setting myself up for messing up Pietrus' morale in the future.

But yea, I typically don't just change roles like that. My mistake was making the trade for Landry - in terms of causing this morale mess that is. Landry is definitely a great asset off the bench, and I'd even start him, except that I have Lewis at the 4, and moving Lewis to the 3, it's hard to utilize him as well, because I use him for a lot of high pick-and-pops to get him open for 3's.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
So the actual minutes can make them happy? I thought I had heard only the role really mattered, I.E. you could give someone 25+ minutes a game, but if they are a 6th man and want to be a starter, it won't matter.
From my experience, players who are 78 overall want to be starters. They will still be happy as a 6th man if they get starter minutes 30+, but their morale may stop increasing, but it won't decrease either. You'll get that message saying the player is happy with playing time, but would prefer a larger role. Once they get into the 80s though, they won't be happy unless they are a starter no matter how many minutes you give them, and their morale will start decreasing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »