Home

NBA 2k and The Draft

This is a discussion on NBA 2k and The Draft within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k and The Draft

Just a thought...

I came up with a couple ideas how possibly make the NBA draft more realistic.

1. Improved Scouting - I'm sick of just assigning a scout to player(s), just so they either elevate or decrease the letter grade of that particular player. Instead of the this, I would like to see what scouts really send GM or coaches when they return from viewing a player. Notes that state the players tendencies, his stats, and interactions within the games attended. This puts more emphasis of the keen eye of GM, you in this case, more emphasis on the ability of your scout, and finally the potential of your future player. The better the scout, the better the report. Great scouts can have the ability to go to practices, talk to coaches, etc. while mediocre scouts only see games and form their opinions from that.

2. The Draft itself - Just like in real life, before the draft, sometimes even before the college season (ala John Wall), teams know the best players available. Playing in the Association it just pisses me off to see teams refuse to draft realistically. Example: For some reason in the Association I played, New Orleans got the number 1 pick and drafted a POINT GUARD!!! with Paul and Collison still on the team. Another example is when in another year of my Association, Chicago had the 3rd pick and refused to draft the best player available, a center, instead drafting a point guard...SMH..the rating of the top 3 players in the draft was 82, 80, 79..the rest of the players were 73 and below..I would like to see teams trading up and down to acquire the player that need or want.

3. No ratings for rookies - I think this would be excellent for 2k11. This allows the role of potential to be much more important. Some picks may not see the court, therefore after yr. 1, their rating will be avg (ex. 79 and below), some may be called to be the star of their team, ala Durant and their ratings reflect that (ex. 77 and higher) Then there are the Gary Payton, Jason Kidd's of the world that blow up because of the stats, playing time they get, and their potential.

Sorry for winded post, like I said their just my thoughts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k and The Draft

that is a good idea.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcred727
Just a thought...

I came up with a couple ideas how possibly make the NBA draft more realistic.

1. Improved Scouting - I'm sick of just assigning a scout to player(s), just so they either elevate or decrease the letter grade of that particular player. Instead of the this, I would like to see what scouts really send GM or coaches when they return from viewing a player. Notes that state the players tendencies, his stats, and interactions within the games attended. This puts more emphasis of the keen eye of GM, you in this case, more emphasis on the ability of your scout, and finally the potential of your future player. The better the scout, the better the report. Great scouts can have the ability to go to practices, talk to coaches, etc. while mediocre scouts only see games and form their opinions from that.

2. The Draft itself - Just like in real life, before the draft, sometimes even before the college season (ala John Wall), teams know the best players available. Playing in the Association it just pisses me off to see teams refuse to draft realistically. Example: For some reason in the Association I played, New Orleans got the number 1 pick and drafted a POINT GUARD!!! with Paul and Collison still on the team. Another example is when in another year of my Association, Chicago had the 3rd pick and refused to draft the best player available, a center, instead drafting a point guard...SMH..the rating of the top 3 players in the draft was 82, 80, 79..the rest of the players were 73 and below..I would like to see teams trading up and down to acquire the player that need or want.

3. No ratings for rookies - I think this would be excellent for 2k11. This allows the role of potential to be much more important. Some picks may not see the court, therefore after yr. 1, their rating will be avg (ex. 79 and below), some may be called to be the star of their team, ala Durant and their ratings reflect that (ex. 77 and higher) Then there are the Gary Payton, Jason Kidd's of the world that blow up because of the stats, playing time they get, and their potential.

Sorry for winded post, like I said their just my thoughts...
I really like these ideas and I think they would be great additions on the association mode. nice job on these
Old 08-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd seriously just be happy if teams traded draft picks during the draft.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I'd seriously just be happy if teams traded draft picks during the draft.
I would like to see this as well...I also would also like to see the scouts, scout players other than the obvious lottery and mid to late 1st round picks. Im not sure about you guys, but in my association, my scouts NEVER scout 2nd round guys. I usually end up picking some guy from the suggestion list that has had no evaluations.

I also would like to see the focus of players change as your record piles up. In other words, if you are winning and made the finals in the playoffs, then your scouts focus should be going towards later round projected guys (now of course if you've gained someone elses 1st round rights from a previous year, then that logic doesnt follow), but I hope you all get my idea.

Is it me, or does it seem like the scout database NEVER changes. Its always the same scouts available to hire, and I NEVER understand what their attributes really mean. The Scouting in general needs to be better thought out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

I also think the rookie's stats are way off. Mike Miller is the only Rookie of the Year in the past 10 years to put up mediocre stats and win that award. In the 2k series, mediocre stats for rookies are the norm.

Some players go to teams where they are the man and get free reign to put up numbers. Others put up numbers AND are game changers. Then u have your busts that were supposed to put up numbers and didn't pan out. And lastly, there are those that nothing was expected from, but due to an injury or trade, they got an opportunity and took advantage of it.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Banned

Extra's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice ideas, however any improvement would be nice. The game had the same draft system forever

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »