Home

NBA 2K10-11 Rookies?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10-11 Rookies? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
NBA 2K10-11 Rookies?

Maybe I should specify a bit. Ever since I can remember, the generated rookies you draft in 2K basketball games have always seemed a bit, "off" to me.

From the glossy milk mustaches and the crazy hair that didn't even seem real in 2K8, to all the same faces and no accessory guys in 2K10 it just seemed like these guys weren't even apart of the game.

Granted 2K10 was the best year when it came to generated rookies, much better than previous incarnations but it still wasn't perfect. The fact that a lot of them looked identical and none wore accessories really took away from the overall look and feel of the game.

I'm sure there were other problems too, like hardly any of them progressing to above a 90 overall in association mode, although this may have been fixed with a patch I don't know I didn't keep the game long enough to find out.

I just hope 2K11 put as much work into it's generated players as it did the real NBA players this year. I don't want my association to go flat down the line because all the players look the boring same.

Do you guys have any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K10-11 Rookies?

Adding cyberfaces and accessories to the rookies would be a good start. I don't understand why they can't just cut out CAPs digital face and display it as their picture. I just hate when the league is full of blank faces.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K10-11 Rookies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Adding cyberfaces and accessories to the rookies would be a good start. I don't understand why they can't just cut out CAPs digital face and display it as their picture. I just hate when the league is full of blank faces.
Yeah I didn't even mention this. It makes free agency so boring for some reason once you get into later years. They've almost nailed the generated rookies, just a few more things and it will be perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »