Home

Whats wrong with 2k's shooting mechanic

This is a discussion on Whats wrong with 2k's shooting mechanic within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Whats wrong with 2k's shooting mechanic

People always say the other games better but i don't see whats so bad about 2k's your still firing a shot to a sweet spot you just don't see a meter. Timing is still everything within your shot as you shoot with a player you become better with that invdividual , I remember playing 2k10 about 8 months later i was pretty decent with Louis williams shooting 3 pts when i got him hot or when it counted not that i was all of a sudden ray allen with him but i remember hitting a couple buzzer beaters with him against friends...whats wrong with 2k's..shot stick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Whats wrong with 2k's shooting mechanic

Just because people say it...
Old 09-27-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashstriker101
People always say the other games better but i don't see whats so bad about 2k's your still firing a shot to a sweet spot you just don't see a meter. Timing is still everything within your shot as you shoot with a player you become better with that invdividual , I remember playing 2k10 about 8 months later i was pretty decent with Louis williams shooting 3 pts when i got him hot or when it counted not that i was all of a sudden ray allen with him but i remember hitting a couple buzzer beaters with him against friends...whats wrong with 2k's..shot stick?
The other game is not better it is just different, 2k shooting is based on a players actual ratings, so even if you release the shot at the perfect sweet spot that does not mean you will make the shot your chances are better but not assured because no one in the NBA hits all of their shots even when wide open, with the other game rating are also involved but with theirs if you release the shot perfectly you will make the shot 100 percent of the time this release point differ from location to location and that is where their rating factor in if a person is a bad shooter the further away from the basket they go the smaller the perfect release point is and the more difficult the shoot becomes, problem occurs because the user has so much control they can if the perfect the release point get unrealistic stats where someone can make all of their shots , but some people want that amount of control.

Last edited by coolcras7; 09-27-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashstriker101
In my opinion, nothing's wrong with it. You're listening to the wrong "people". It's more realistic than the "other" in that the perfect release doesn't guarantee a made basket. Funny how 2K used to be criticized by some folks for too many open shots going in. Probably the same people that are OK with a mechanic that guarantees a basket regardless of defense and difficulty as long as you hit the "sweet spot".
Old 09-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

It is different from the other game and in my opinion 2k has a better system that will simulate realistic shot percentages. So yeah nothing is wrong with 2k's shooting mechanics.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »