Home

The turnovers are a bit ridiculous

This is a discussion on The turnovers are a bit ridiculous within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The turnovers are a bit ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
So is anyone really able to run Pick and Roll Basketball effectively ? I can avoid turning the ball over, but for the life of me i canīt run the Pick & Roll because the defense covers a lot of space and makes a lot of deflections with their back to the ball. Also, iīm not impressed by the spacing in most Pick and Roll plays. Some are good, but most really donīt space the court well.
Also, the big man almost never commits to the ballhandler and the screened player recovers very, very fast.

Also, the CPU doesnīt run very many Pick and Rolls, do they ?

This is with more or less default sliders (on ball D lower, passing ability higher and defensive awareness lower along with a few minot changes for the shooting percentages)

I donīt expect to be able to run it all the time, but a couple clean P&Rs a game would be kind of nice. Thereīs very little "miscommunication" on defense in the middle where guys miss their assignement or get moved out of position during the P&R.

Absolutely, I use the Spurs and run a good 10-15 pick and rolls per game. Duncan does a great job rolling to the basket. I've had no passes picked off in that situation. When I do run into trouble it's with indecision between taking it to the hope with Tony or Manu or throwing it to Timmy for the spot up or roll to the basket.

This is a situation where Icon passing is 100% required though. Right before I approach the pick I hit RB to bring up the icons and have my finger on the Y button ready to pass, then treat the play like a normal pick (not a pick and roll), if my guard is stopped it's just a matter of waiting for the instant Duncan rolls to the basket.

I call plays on 90% of my possessions and absolutely LOVE every minute of it.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat67
Absolutely, I use the Spurs and run a good 10-15 pick and rolls per game. Duncan does a great job rolling to the basket. I've had no passes picked off in that situation. When I do run into trouble it's with indecision between taking it to the hope with Tony or Manu or throwing it to Timmy for the spot up or roll to the basket.

This is a situation where Icon passing is 100% required though. Right before I approach the pick I hit RB to bring up the icons and have my finger on the Y button ready to pass, then treat the play like a normal pick (not a pick and roll), if my guard is stopped it's just a matter of waiting for the instant Duncan rolls to the basket.

I second this entire post..........well except for using the spurs. the spurs suck : )
Old 10-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #115
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

Quote:
yep...makes getting open much easier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I second this entire post..........well except for using the spurs. the spurs suck : )

Jealous? I know you are, admit it.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Jealous? I know you are, admit it.
LOL, actualy Ginobili and Parker are close to making me like watching the spurs. those two dudes are the truth. so is Timmy, he's just not much fun to watch LOL
Old 10-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #118
MVP

OVR: 18

Alright played atlanta and had a grand total of 5 turnovers..and thats while playing a high octane fastbreak offense...TOs are fine.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 10-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
I don't have problems turning the ball over from my brief experience with the game. Any smart baller knows passing angles and leading your intended target away from the basket and defense. I've used lead passing this way in 2k9 and 2k10, so it hasn't been a major adjustment.

The majority of my turnovers is my fault, cuz I'm trying to see what I can get away with. Basically testing the game out. But I know they are bad passes when I throw them. No complaints from me about turnovers.
Same here, I am loving the passing scheme this year. This is 1 thing 2k did a great job on.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #120
Banned

OVR: 10

When you play on All-Star and above you start to seem some ridiculous things happen. Its been said time and time again but the AI speed and intelligence boosts the CPU gets versus user teammates AI are almost laughable. Especially so on HOF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »