Home

Some Plays In-Game are Wrong from Practice Plays

This is a discussion on Some Plays In-Game are Wrong from Practice Plays within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Some Plays In-Game are Wrong from Practice Plays

I noticed that some plays in-game are wrong from practice plays. For example, the Bulls have a play for Derrick Rose called 51 Gut Roll. In practice mode, Joakim Noah the Center (5) sets a screen for Derrick Rose the Point Guard (1).

But in-game what happens is the ball is to go to the Shooting Guard in this case Ronnie Brewer and Derrick Rose sets the pick. This is the same exact play name but the play is different and wrong.

Another for the Bulls is 42 Side Roll. Shooting Guard pops out to the 3 point line and Power forward is to set the pick. This is what happens in practice mode but in-game the Small Forward sets the screen for the Shooting Guard.

I've also noticed other teams playbooks are different (wrong) from Practice mode to in-game. Will this be patched?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Some Plays In-Game are Wrong from Practice Plays

ITs so funny when you guys say Patched now if I haven't heared is this Going to be Patched?..like a hundred times they should release a 2 gig patch lolol
Old 10-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashstriker101
ITs so funny when you guys say Patched now if I haven't heared is this Going to be Patched?..like a hundred times they should release a 2 gig patch lolol
Well try these two plays in practice mode and then in-game. Practice mode the plays are right but in-game its wrong.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play with the bulls and yes this is true. Kinda figured with a new Playbook system that some plays would glitch up so hopefully they can patch it. If not then there are hundred of other plays to choose from
Old 10-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Well try these two plays in practice mode and then in-game. Practice mode the plays are right but in-game its wrong.
yeah this happened to me to same plays.But instead of the ball goin to brewer it goes to Deng and Rose sets the pick.I thought i was crazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCEVO
I play with the bulls and yes this is true. Kinda figured with a new Playbook system that some plays would glitch up so hopefully they can patch it. If not then there are hundred of other plays to choose from
Yeah good point. If this is not patched I will have to change the Bulls and other teams playbooks. Going to be a major pain finding which playbook is glitched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitfighter87
yeah this happened to me to same plays.But instead of the ball goin to brewer it goes to Deng and Rose sets the pick.I thought i was crazy
Interesting. Was Deng playing at SG? If so that might be why. For me its always the SG who gets the ball and the PG sets the pick.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
Banned

I made a fantasy team with a lot of 3 point shooters and changed all the plays to screens. Several times a game the person a screen for will get bumped at the start of the play which somehow makes him forget that he's supposed to run behind the screen. Completely ruins the play because of course his defender is right behind him.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #8
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Yeah good point. If this is not patched I will have to change the Bulls and other teams playbooks. Going to be a major pain finding which playbook is glitched.

Interesting. Was Deng playing at SG? If so that might be why. For me its always the SG who gets the ball and the PG sets the pick.
No sir he was at SF.This was an online game dont know if that matters.But i was doin like you and practicin plays with the bulls so i could learn each play and know exactley what i was gettin when i called it.Then i get online and i run the iso play for Rose(Its the Y button play in Roses play set)didnt have any luck with it so i called 51 gutroll and the pick and roll play happened with Deng and Rose with Rose settin the pick instead of the Noah/Rose pick and roll.Imma try it again after the Colts-Redskins game and see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »