Home

Lazygamers article on NBA 2k12

This is a discussion on Lazygamers article on NBA 2k12 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 17
Lazygamers article on NBA 2k12

Here is the link on the article, not much really, but plenty if you want to read into it.

http://www.lazygamer.net/features/ga...2011-nba-2k12/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Lazygamers article on NBA 2k12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker

"The match begins, and Neider shows us how all ball actions are now tagged to the right analogue stick, for more precise movement. “We want players to have the most possible control available, which they’ll need with our new collision system. Whether you’re in the air or on the ground, colliding with another players means dropping the ball”.

Source: http://www.lazygamer.net/features/gamescom-2011-nba-2k12/#ixzz1VZZRS89K"

uh...this is HUGE news, is it not? according to this 2k has abandoned left stick dribbling and has moved all ball control to the right stick...so both dribbling and shooting are controlled with the right stick now? that sounds like it could be a bit of a cluster f., but i'll give 2k the benefit of the doubt, since they rarely let me down with changes they make to their game...

i have to be honest, such a shift from the proven formula of 2k11 does worry me. i suspected 2k might do something drastic like this to their control scheme...i'm not going to dismiss it before i try it, but i thought 2k11 had a nice control scheme and i'd hate to see them ruin it in an attempt to force a gimmicky new control scheme on us.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-20-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

hmmm why didn't DaWolf mention this? could be optional?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 17

Well in another interview the producer talks about moving all shots to the right stick, though this sound different it still may be just bad formulation on the part of the writer. As said plenty to read into!

What got me excited was this:
"Neider also told us how everything that he had shown us so far was single-player only, but that 2K Games were preparing to make some big announcements regarding the multiplayer segments soon."
Old 08-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
uh...this is HUGE news, is it not? according to this 2k has abandoned left stick dribbling and has moved all ball control to the right stick...so both dribbling and shooting are controlled with the right stick now? that sounds like it could be a bit of a cluster f., but i'll give 2k the benefit of the doubt, since they rarely let me down with changes they make to their game...

i have to be honest, such a shift from the proven formula of 2k11 does worry me. i suspected 2k might do something drastic like this to their control scheme...i'm not going to dismiss it before i try it, but i thought 2k11 had a nice control scheme and i'd hate to see them ruin it in an attempt to force a gimmicky new control scheme on us.
I agree....they should leave the controls alone....maybe it'll be sumthin nice.....maybe it'll stop all the spin dunkers too.....I'm sure we'll be able to pick up on the new controls though....Go 2k....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
hmmm why didn't DaWolf mention this? could be optional?
Yeah that is odd, maybe they didn't convert the control scheme over just yet in the version shown at Gamescom? This is a big difference from last year.
Iso moves and shooting all from the same right stick? I would think this would cause a lot of unintentional shots when you were really just trying to use an ISO move.

Edit: Yeah this can be taken a couple different ways

Quote:
The match begins, and Neider shows us how all ball actions are now tagged to the right analogue stick, for more precise movement.

Quote:

I have to believe ball actions= shot actions=every type of shot can be controlled by the right stick and we decide what we want. Otherwise I don't see how it would work. Like I said before therewould be people trying to isomotion when they wanted to shoot or perhaps vice versa

Last edited by stillfeelme; 08-20-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Yeah that is odd, maybe they didn't convert the control scheme over just yet in the version shown at Gamescom? This is a big difference from last year.
Iso moves and shooting all from the same right stick? I would think this would cause a lot of unintentional shots when you were really just trying to use an ISO move.
Maybe LT+ Right Stick will be ISO moves and RT+ Right Stick will be dunks......and Right Stick ONLY will be shots.....I'm just guessing......

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
I they did move it to the right stick they did it for a reason. They wouldn't have done it if it didn't feel natural and made sense.

I like it the way it's been but, like someone else said, i will give them the benefit of the doubt since they haven't done any wrongs in the past.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.316934,18.063985

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »