Home

How can you put out games that are broken on release every year?

This is a discussion on How can you put out games that are broken on release every year? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Icon13 How can you put out games that are broken on release every year?

I know 2k started small and got big by putting out good games, but the bugs we have to live with for the first few weeks after release every year are a shame. It seems they don't have any testers that are playin the game at the 2kgames home. It would be so easy to have guys testing the game(pay them a bit of money, there're tons of serious guys dreamin of this) that inform the gameplay devs of bad attributes, ratings,stats, logic errors, bugs, glitches, etc. One dude playing the game for like two days could've told them that the 3p% is ridiculous and that the trade logic is the dumbest ever in any sports game and that their whole tream got traded in silly fashion. And how can you not see the many bugs(ball disappeared in MY Player game for two quarters)? Same with the issue I mentioned in another trade, European versions skip the part where your players speaks in Interviews, neither is text shown.
2k should realize that they're one of the major companies know and have to invest money to update their staff in order to meet the customer's demands.

Last edited by Master STS; 10-08-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How can you put out games that are broken on release every year?

But why would they pay people like us to test their game when they can just get paid by people like us to test their game?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeeloo
But why would they pay people like us to test their game when they can just get paid by people like us to test their game?
Why don't they get people like us to test their game for FREE? You know how many people would jump at a chance to play the game early?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Why don't they get people like us to test their game for FREE? You know how many people would jump at a chance to play the game early?
+1! I always seem to find MyPlayer Freezes! Luckily I keep multiple saves, but it's a tragedy for people who sink a lot of time into it and then lose everything!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

my player is where i spent most of my time with, and the trades have made it unplayable for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 21

Do people every really consider how much content is in this game versus other sports games? I'm not excusing any issues anyone's experiencing but that seems to never be a consideration when I'm reading complaints. Nor is any perspective used when understanding everything that must've gone into getting this game shipped the past two years. Perhaps some of you would be happy to see them be like every other dev and scale back what they're attempting to do but I love that they go hard pushing to deliver experiences we haven't seen. I say that because there isn't a game that doesn't have issues when it releases; there isn't *something* that frustrates gamers. So I'd rather them continue their approach rather than adopt the approach of others. Then I'm sure the argument would turn to "they're being lazy!".

And yet again, someone complaining falls back on the "[this] is the worst ever in a sports game!" argument to try to make a point. Really, the trade logic is the worst ever in a sports game? I know it sounds better to talk in extremes but at least try to articulate an argument rather than fall back on that lazy method for trying to make a point. It doesn't hurt to give them some credit. Obviously they have testers as does every game. But you're oversimplying the process. Make a change and there's a chance you break ten other things. Again, not excusing the issues people are having. It'd be nice to see some bring a little perspective to the table when discussing issues though.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
I also think game game reviewers need to stop reviewing the series if they don't actually play more then 1 game. Reviewers don't mention none of these problem which could of been spotted after playing 2 games and told us about them, but instead only tell us of the weird faces.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

So is this the I don't work for 2k but I know their business practices and I am smarter than the developers because I have the internet thread ?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »