Home

What move use on the fastbreak?

This is a discussion on What move use on the fastbreak? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What move use on the fastbreak?

What I do is try not to go straight down the middle on a fast break I will try to angle alil on the side so I glass the layup..when you go for your lay up on a fastbreak make sure you angle the right stick at a 160 degree angle instead of a 180 that will make him lay off the glass. (Broadcast view)

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 01-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
What I do is try not to go straight down the middle on a fast break I will try to angle alil on the side so I glass the layup..when you go for your lay up on a fastbreak make sure you angle the right stick at a 160 degree angle instead of a 180 that will make him lay off the glass. (Broadcast view)
I guess my main issue is that with the slightest contact this year it affects the layup/finish far too much for elite players. If lebron is 1v1 with someone and the guy makes a little contact it doesn't really stop him because he's so powerful (and good) in real life. However, in the game i'll get a little bump and the layup will roll around and not go in far too often.

Its also a little odd when I get barely bumped and draw the foul but someone like lebron continues after unfazed and misses a SIMPLE uncontested layup for the and 1. Its odd, but doesn't bother me too much because I know I'm still going to the line.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer0110
By barrel right through do you mean RT + towards the basket with the right stick? Or no RT and just a simple left or right with the right stick for a layup?
Just make sure you get a good head of steam going with turbo and keep the RT held down as you attack the rim. Sometimes it helps to swerve to the left or right just slightly as you're bearing down on the defender. Once you get it down, you'll be getting to the line 90% of the time, with the occasional and-one. It's far more efficient than trying to pass the ball or fiddling around with the eurostep/hopstep. I wish it wasn't this way, but sadly it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer0110
I guess my main issue is that with the slightest contact this year it affects the layup/finish far too much for elite players. If lebron is 1v1 with someone and the guy makes a little contact it doesn't really stop him because he's so powerful (and good) in real life. However, in the game i'll get a little bump and the layup will roll around and not go in far too often.

Its also a little odd when I get barely bumped and draw the foul but someone like lebron continues after unfazed and misses a SIMPLE uncontested layup for the and 1. Its odd, but doesn't bother me too much because I know I'm still going to the line.
Spin dunk, Pull up Jumper, kick it out also..Try not to get in the paint all the time..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 01-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 21

The euro-step/hop-step variations work really well for me on the break. I'd advise to lay off the turbo and start your layup attempt around or just inside the foul line. By holding left trigger and using the shot stick you can get around anyone parking themselves in the paint waiting for a charge (cpu included). I had to practice some, but now that I have it down it's second nature. I'd say the key is laying off turbo and starting your layup attempt just inside the free throw line

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the biggest problem with defense in general, but especially fastbreaks is that the effort is unrealistic. Here is what I am saying, in the clippers vs warriors christmas day game, blake griffin was headed down the court, with only stephen curry in front of him. Because curry knew he had no chance, he just steps aside and gives up. In 2k12, if bosh, wade, and james are coming down the court and earl boykins is in front of them, he will contest like it is the winning shot in game 7 of the finals. Of course, he will also magically contest all 3 at once, but that is a different issue. So that is why it is hard to find a good move, in the nba, you dunk, in 2k12, howard gets body slammed and knocked down by luke walton. No foul.
******** src="https://d3lvr7yuk4uaui.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1020****?aoi=1311798366&pid=1020&zoneid=10125&cid=US&ip=70.181.229.171">
Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinzero
I think the biggest problem with defense in general, but especially fastbreaks is that the effort is unrealistic. Here is what I am saying, in the clippers vs warriors christmas day game, blake griffin was headed down the court, with only stephen curry in front of him. Because curry knew he had no chance, he just steps aside and gives up. In 2k12, if bosh, wade, and james are coming down the court and earl boykins is in front of them, he will contest like it is the winning shot in game 7 of the finals. Of course, he will also magically contest all 3 at once, but that is a different issue. So that is why it is hard to find a good move, in the nba, you dunk, in 2k12, howard gets body slammed and knocked down by luke walton. No foul.
This is how you know the game is scripted and doesn't use player attributes and tendencies!!! No matter who it is or how low their tendency is the cpu exploits them... T-Wolves: Barea's contest and blks are extremely low, yet he contest and jumps for 95% of shots... Pekovic's euro step is between 8-12 but on a fastbreak that is what he will do 75% of the time... I switch between hop steps & euro steps on fastbreaks because floater miss or gets blocked & 60% (if not higher) alley oops gets blocked by short players.... Wall to McGee during fastbreaks Berea & Ridnour tipped 3 out of 5 attempts..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I usually only manage a layup for some reason...But usually I hop-step it in pretty effectively if I'm on the fastbreak. Can usually get it even if I'm contested but my player rating is maxed at 99 so that could be why I'm so effective in the paint.

First/second year that was not the case...Took a lot of jumpers then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »