Home

3 issues that I need help on

This is a discussion on 3 issues that I need help on within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
3 issues that I need help on

After playing 2k12 for some time there are three issues that I can't seem to fix with my slider tweaking. I've tweaked a ton of games in the past, but these three issues in 2k12 won't go away
1. Offensive Rebounding is non existent. I have turned defensive rebounding off and there still is no where near the 8-16 average in an actual NBA game. Jacking up the attempt put backs helps but seems very unrealistic when turned up so high.
2. CPU waiting till the end of the shot clock to shoot, I know this happens periodically, but not 70% of the time. I raised the offensive awareness to 100, and tweaked the shoot taking rates but they still hold on tho the ball way too long.
3. Way too many fast breaks, I tried raising the hustle slider but that didn't really help. Also jacking up the offensive rebounds seems to create even more fast breaks, due to what is obvious the player staying and trying to grab boards. But the problem with that is the players just stand there. One guy might move towards the ball, but there is no way near the effort on the offensive glass.

I know this post sounds like I hate the game, but the game does do so many things right and looks amazing, but these three issues are really glaring and hard to deal with on a game by game basis. Any thoughts or fixes to these issues would be appreciated.

Last edited by jsou4646; 01-02-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 3 issues that I need help on

Damn, I was under the impression Offensive Rebounding had been fixed from the absence of threads complaining about it. It was basically an unfixable issue last year no matter what you did with sliders... even though it was working perfectly in 2k10, for 2k11 the team decided to completely break offensive rebounding (and pretty much completely remove offensive fouls from the game, do you see any of those?).

Last year after expensive experimentation and changing every slider I could think of that would affect it, I could only imagine an average OffReb% of about 10%, compared to the NBA average of 26% today. If you want to play with classic teams it's even more unrealistic, as offensive rebounds were up to 33% of all rebounds in past eras.

I've been sticking to simulating games mainly because the gameplay engine just gets worse every year in terms of verisimilitude, while they focus on adding fluff and lame DLC.

Last edited by elknavo; 01-02-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

#2 is true, but it doesn't really bother me.

I don't have that much of a problem with #1. Its true their aren't as many Orebs as real life, but depending on the team I can get quite a few. If you don't have a good rebounder though you dont' get nearly enough, which I do agree with.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

i have no problem getting offensvie rebounds. in my association ibaka, okafor, pryzbilla, rudy gay and khawi leonard all beast on the offensive boards.

i also dont have a problem with too many fast breaks.

the cpu holding the ball is deff an issue though, but it does not happen 70% of the time.

i play on ps3 on pro difficulty with simulation sliders slightly tweaked, but nothing involving rebounding or fastbreaks has been touched. mostly just cpu shooting and blocks.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

1. offensive rebounding is an an easy fix. Icurrently average 8 offensive rebounds a game. some games I get alot other games i get 1 or 2.
lowere defensive rebounds to 40
leave offensive rebounds at 50
and lower the verticla attribute to 0.

2. I have no issues with this. Ive left the o wareness sliders at the default level. that way youll get a variety. some teams milk the clock others dont. if you mess with ecrtain sliders youll never realize this, cause youll force all the teams to play a certain way.

3. too many fast breaks, again that has to do with the team you play
against. mess with too many sliders youll have all the teams playing the same way.
anyways to minimize fast breaks, just play smart, dont force anything, dont let the cpu controlled teams control the tempo of the game.
its all about controlling tempo. want more of a half court game, run longer plays dont run and gun. if you see the CPU controlling the tempo adjust the defensive settings of your team etc.
every action has a reaction in this game.

The game is deep explore all the options that you have and youll figure it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
1. offensive rebounding is an an easy fix. Icurrently average 8 offensive rebounds a game. some games I get alot other games i get 1 or 2.
lowere defensive rebounds to 40
leave offensive rebounds at 50
and lower the verticla attribute to 0.
This is what kills me in threads like that. People are like "oh guys, offensive rebounds are just fine, I get 8 a game!" If you're getting 50% less than the average team does in an NBA paced game (90-100 possessions), it's NOT fine. As we discovered last year those sliders don't actually do anything. When you're playing you can at least get some with great positioning, but if you liked to do CPU vs CPU you had to sit there and see 10 total offensive rebounds after a 48 minute game.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elknavo
This is what kills me in threads like that. People are like "oh guys, offensive rebounds are just fine, I get 8 a game!" If you're getting 50% less than the average team does in an NBA paced game (90-100 possessions), it's NOT fine. As we discovered last year those sliders don't actually do anything. When you're playing you can at least get some with great positioning, but if you liked to do CPU vs CPU you had to sit there and see 10 total offensive rebounds after a 48 minute game.
you dont even know the quarter lengths this guy uses. 8 a game could be a perfectly fine number depending on the length of his games.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #8
Banned

Exactly, his post gave me none of the information I needed to determine whether offensive rebounds were actually "fine," while blithely asserting that there wasn't an issue.

That happens a lot on this forum, and it's bothersome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »