Home

How do you play vs. the cpu? (weigh in)

This is a discussion on How do you play vs. the cpu? (weigh in) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How do you play vs. the cpu? (weigh in)

Do you play all the games in a season or associate or 29 game season? Do you play just the playoffs. Do you play 82 games and sim some. I am looking for something different cause I usually play a 29 game association but wanna do something new..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: How do you play vs. the cpu? (weigh in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Juggernaut
Do you play all the games in a season or associate or 29 game season? Do you play just the playoffs. Do you play 82 games and sim some. I am looking for something different cause I usually play a 29 game association but wanna do something new..
I play all 82 but if I'm getting blown out or blowing a team out (20+) I sim to the end. Late third or early fourth qtr. i usually sim when getting blown out if I'm getting 2ked (one of those games nothing's working)
Old 01-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I play an 82 game season and play all my division games and games against opponents with star players (Lakers, OKC, etc.).

Works out to be right around half the games. I will also play the games near the end of the season if a playoff spot is the line.

I play all playoff games.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I usually pick a crappy team, sim 3-4 seasons while rebuilding the roster (trades, draft, FA) and coaching staff and once I'm happy with the results I play an entire 82 game season. I'm 5-1 with the new look Cavs. I find it more fun when all the pieces of a team are put in place by me so it makes things more compelling to play.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I usually play 29 game season and then play all the playoffs games in the standard format. Other times I pick a bad team simulate three seasons with everything to be decided by the CPU and then build the team up from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

I roll with the 58 game option (or whatever the 50+ game option is).

I play the first few games...see if I like the chemistry, talent of the team. If not, I make some trades, sim some games, then play some more...then see if I like the team...if I really like the team, I play as many games as I can. If I think it would be better to rebuild through the draft/free agency, I sim up to 1/2 of the schedule.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »