Home

Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
bored

anyone else getting bored with the gameplay? seems very scripted and not flowing anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Do we need more of these threads? There's plenty of threads discussing how "scripted" it is, even though there's no evidence for that.

Also, it's not strange that a game gets boring after 9 months.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 05-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Do we need more of these threads? There's plenty of threads discussing how "scripted" it is, even though there's no evidence for that.

Also, it's not strange that a game gets boring after 9 months.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Actually certain events in the game are "scripted " to happen at certain times . Like running out of energy , 4th quarter boosts, more hustle for teams with momentum, less makes for teams without momentum etc...
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
MVP

sirjam's Arena

exactly. use the control stick for a few dribbles and get tired. Look if you don't like my topic then don't comment. I don't disrespect people on here ever. And I love the game of basketball so I am just reaching out to the community to see who is feeling the same way as I am. If I could get the game playing like the ratings say as far as players go then it would be better. But I can't for instance detail my defense to have a player like say Rondo shoot bc if the game is on one of its scripts then he will drain the shots. Also it seems as no matter what team I am playing against they play the same way. I know the pg is not gonna attack me no matter what early in the shot clock. With all these things considered the game gets boring and stale IMO.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Rookie

dragonjaii's Arena

OVR: 7

is it too easy for you lol?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Take a couple days off from gaming and enjoy other interests. It will become fun again .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #7
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonjaii
is it too easy for you lol?
Its not that its to easy. Its the fact that I don't see much variety in different teams and such. An also the camera angles are kinda going stale on me.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

2K13's lifespan has seemed to come up way short of previous 2K's for me but I'm not entirely sure why. I think it's a mix of the reduction of customization (lack of great classic rosters on 2KShare), the unappealing presentation/feel, and a little bit of gameplay monotony.

I think 2K's still finding their way on a few aspects of the game. In 2K13 I get the feeling a big goal of theirs was to create a game that produced realistic statistics - and I think that's admirable - but it may have been at the expense of control in certain situations.

For instance, after the 2K12 armpit blocking fiasco, it seems 2K made their new block logic less about user timing and response and more about ratings and what the game's deciding should happen. Sometimes I have a clear run up and contest window with a big time shotblocker and he actually explodes and extends. And sometimes, with that same window, he does not immediately respond to my jumping command and instead stays grounded long enough to allow the offensive player to get a clean shot off then the defender will leave the floor.

I can tell things like this are just 2K's way of trying to even things out and prevent something like 2K12's block issue, but if I had to issue a small gameplay complaint about 2K13, I think the slight loss of control in these regards would be on the list.

Back on point, I think 2K13 was just a bad mix of things for me. The aforementioned lack of customization, the presentation, the forced autosave, the forced online for full offline gaming benefits, the golden coin push, the lack of a classic mode (or bolstering of classics), the weird shoe customization (i.e. the removal of the easy team color window in the edit player screen), the terrible controls of the Dunk and 3pt. Contest, the stagnant Association - it was a lot of small things like those mentioned that seemed to add up and wear me down a little. I kind of hit a point this year where I was like, "What's left for me to do besides play Quick Games?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »