Home

Great Article on fixes for nba 2k13 (mentions bedwardsroy)

This is a discussion on Great Article on fixes for nba 2k13 (mentions bedwardsroy) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Great Article on fixes for nba 2k13 (mentions bedwardsroy)

http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2012/03/to...l#comment-form

good read.

Last edited by justud; 03-06-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Banned

houstonsdream's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Great Article on fixes for nba 2k13 (mentions bedwardsroy)

good read. Only thing that i always have problem with is the
"realistic shot %" complaints people have. Its like people want the CPU to taper their play and make sure they hit percentages close to the real nba . If you control ray allen and havent learned his release you should miss period. The real ray allen practices his shot thousands of times and its the reason why he is the best 3pt shooter in nba history. The game should not have hidden "real FG" capabilities that screw up the person who took time in practice mode to learn his team. If his release is right along with proper spacing, rating, he should have a good chance of hitting 80% of his shots. But having a real fg that tapers % to be realistic will make proper release less important and bad shots with late releases will go in. Kinda defeats the purpose of practice. in2k12 i see this alot especially online where 90% of people hit crazy shots by just taping button. I am thinking online is realfg% setting.

Kobe bryant from 2k11-2k12 is the best example. People absolutely sucked shooting with kobe unless they practiced his releases in 2k11 especially online. in 2k12 the devs decided to make his release the fastest in the game LOL and it goes in at super high rate with just button tap if you run to certain spots on the court.

Bad transition to me IMO. But devs want to quiet the cries from the crowd.

good article btw. I have more to add
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream
"realistic shot %" complaints people have. Its like people want the CPU to taper their play and make sure they hit percentages close to the real nba . If you control ray allen and havent learned his release you should miss period. The real ray allen practices his shot thousands of times and its the reason why he is the best 3pt shooter in nba history. The game should not have hidden "real FG" capabilities that screw up the person who took time in practice mode to learn his team. If his release is right along with proper spacing, rating, he should have a good chance of hitting 80% of his shots. But having a real fg that tapers % to be realistic will make proper release less important and bad shots with late releases will go in. Kinda defeats the purpose of practice. in2k12 i see this alot especially online where 90% of people hit crazy shots by just taping button. I am thinking online is realfg% setting.

Kobe bryant from 2k11-2k12 is the best example. People absolutely sucked shooting with kobe unless they practiced his releases in 2k11 especially online. in 2k12 the devs decided to make his release the fastest in the game LOL and it goes in at super high rate with just button tap if you run to certain spots on the court.

I disagree with that I think that real player % should be exclusively ratings (it isn't currently) and shot stick off users skill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 03-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah i agree that real shot stick should be ratings/real shooting % and shot stick timing should be skill.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Good article! I'm onboard with every suggestion. The speed differential and stolen passes are my biggest issues. Regarding the passes, we need more control, namely pass type & pass speed. I want the ability to lob a pass over a defender fronting my teammate in the post, and the ability to hit a cutter with a crisp bounce pass.

I just downloaded bedwardsroy19's roster the other day. Great roster set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream

This is cool for folks that only play with 1 or 2 teams or have the time to practice release points for a couple hundred players. I have an Association going with the Knicks & could probably do well with shot stick timing with them. But when me & the fellas get together, some of us use an assortment of teams. No way I have the time to practice release points for 7-8 players x 30 teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »