Home

last name inclusion in commentary

This is a discussion on last name inclusion in commentary within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: last name inclusion in commentary

seriously I hope Ronnie 2k answer the question, I tweet him about this, he just won't reply. I mean if he doesn't know he can just say it I won't blame him, but total ignoring is just not responsible
Old 03-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

I've never had any problems with commentary saying my created player names. My actual last name is too unique for it to ever be included, so I don't use it.

If you select from the names provided for your player they should say the name.

I've had players named "Emmanual Kramer" and "Reginald Blackman" and both get said by the commentators and the PA guy.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
Rookie

libradawg's Arena

OVR: 2

My idea is to not even be able to choose your nickname if you're not somehow programmed into the dialogue. Everybody who has ever played with any kind of team knows your teammates give you nicknames, which I think would be a very cool feature to kick off a My Player mode. Even if you end up with Scooter or even Barbie it's more realistic than if you chose something like The Scorching Pit Bull yourself. Besides, anybody old enough to remember what Jeff Hornacek's teammates called him will know that it's okay to say on the air as long as somebody else coined it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by libradawg
My idea is to not even be able to choose your nickname if you're not somehow programmed into the dialogue. Everybody who has ever played with any kind of team knows your teammates give you nicknames, which I think would be a very cool feature to kick off a My Player mode. Even if you end up with Scooter or even Barbie it's more realistic than if you chose something like The Scorching Pit Bull yourself. Besides, anybody old enough to remember what Jeff Hornacek's teammates called him will know that it's okay to say on the air as long as somebody else coined it.
I think NBA Street Vol. 2 used to give player's nicknames. You may have been able to toggle it, but I swear they handed them out at some point. I forget mine though, I think it was space-related. In Vol. 1, I was the Mastermind.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

I know you guys are talking about MP, but I wanted to add my two cents with association mode: It does get old hearing "ABC" over and over again in for players with unconventional last names. I wish they at least randomized the nickname or let you pick which one you want to go with.

But I was playing the other day with Chiliad's draft class, and was up against PJ Hairston on the Celtics...and the announcer actually called him Hairston...my mouth dropped and I thought I was hearing things...but then he referred to him 3-4 more times.

I don't think 'Hairston' is in the game's dictionary...so I have no idea how/why they knew his name.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
I've never had any problems with commentary saying my created player names. My actual last name is too unique for it to ever be included, so I don't use it.

If you select from the names provided for your player they should say the name.

I've had players named "Emmanual Kramer" and "Reginald Blackman" and both get said by the commentators and the PA guy.
yea of course if you choose the name in the game they are going to say it. But our discussion is if you want use your own name (I think which most people would actually do if they play my player), and your last name is not in it, you get to hear stupid nickname.

I just hope there is last last name inclusion event before 2k13 release and 2k actually look at that thread.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:28 AM   #15
Banned

BuddhaBaller's Arena

OVR: 0

As a proper descendant of the great Samuel Finley Breese Morse, whom invented the coded-language used in both world wars (and is still used today in certain circumstances), I feel my ancestor did more than enough for this country to get our name in the video-game dictionaries.

I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing the announcer ALMOST say it when referring to some lame-duck, never-did-anything-for-this-country-MORRIS, such as Darius, Marcus, or Markieff, but can't extend the same respect to the inventors of unspoken language! SHENANIGANS!

Last edited by BuddhaBaller; 03-31-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
Rookie

KDRIZZLE2K4's Arena

OVR: 9

Andre Drummond got us covered for 2k13

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »