Home

Who agrees that 2K should add a real-life association?

This is a discussion on Who agrees that 2K should add a real-life association? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want this mode?
Yes 15 55.56%
No 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20
Post Who agrees that 2K should add a real-life association?

I would like for 2K to make this game mode because:

* All free agent signings, trades, retirement, etc will be based off of what the actual teams do (Ex: Gerald Wallace would have been automatically traded to the Nets and the players/draft picks involved would be sent to the Trailblazers).

* All Rotations/Lineups will be based off of the current NBA season (Ex: Jason Terry (6th Man), James Harden (6th Man), Lamar Odom (Inactive/Reserve), etc)

* All injured players will be given appropriate injury or put on reserve. (association users will not be able to put back the injured player into the lineup).

* In season coaching changes will be automatically done.

* If you can't play the game, they will be given the real-life score, decision (Ex: Mavericks vs. Thunder - Game 4 (will be given the 103 - 97 score).

* So basically the Association user will have no control, except they will be able to play the games! This is like NBA Today taken to a whole new level.

CONS:

* Almost no control.

* Non-contending teams will suffer.

* Most people like fantasy not reality.

* If you are really skilled at 2K you might play every single game and have them as the 1st seed which will obviously impact the real-life playoffs.

* The game mode is for only one season and you have to keep up.

Leave feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Who agrees that 2K should add a real-life association?

If MLB 2K can have a MLB Today Season Mode, then I say no reason why NBA 2K can't have a NBA Today Season Mode.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Rookie

TheBadMammaJamma's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd be fine with this mode to an extent. I mean, what happens if your Association moves much, much faster than actual NBA? Say your trade deadline has passed, yet they're still making trades in the actual NBA. Also if your season finished, you'd have to wait until the actual NBA season finished to sign free agents and draft picks and all that. I think it'd be cool, but considering it'd move extremely slow, it'd bore the death out of many.

Edit; Sorry, I feel stupid. Just realized you said it'd only work for one season. If that's the case, then yes, I'm for it. I think it'd be interesting.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadMammaJamma
I'd be fine with this mode to an extent. I mean, what happens if your Association moves much, much faster than actual NBA? Say your trade deadline has passed, yet they're still making trades in the actual NBA. Also if your season finished, you'd have to wait until the actual NBA season finished to sign free agents and draft picks and all that. I think it'd be cool, but considering it'd move extremely slow, it'd bore the death out of many.

Edit; Sorry, I feel stupid. Just realized you said it'd only work for one season. If that's the case, then yes, I'm for it. I think it'd be interesting.
Yea, it would only be for one season and the user must keep up, playing every other day or simulating (giving the real-life score). Also some trades this year made me think wtf? Like the Gerald Wallace Trade??? The Nets gave up a 1st round pick and it seems like they aren't going to re-sign him.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Sounds cool...but here's a question.

Would the CPU teams have the same record as they would in real life or would they be simulating the games like normal association mode?

It would be funny to see a surprise team take 1st seed in the playlets then dump their coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

It would be weird because if the user played a game the score in real life wouldn't matter. If you sim the score from real life will be the actual score/win or loss.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Sounds cool...but here's a question.

Would the CPU teams have the same record as they would in real life or would they be simulating the games like normal association mode?

It would be funny to see a surprise team take 1st seed in the playlets then dump their coach.
The CPU teams would have the same record/stats with the only exception being the games they played against your user team.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

My question is, how can 2k do this if they take 1 week to update 3 players and months to add/remove players ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »