Home

Is using turbo bad or good?

This is a discussion on Is using turbo bad or good? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is using turbo bad or good?

Is holding down turbo on offense good or bad I see a lot of people mashing turbo online does fatgiue play a factor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is using turbo bad or good?

You could have put all of these questions in one thread and been good...

Its doesn't play a factor if you use subs. Sitting star players for a minute or two of gametime pretty much refills their stamina and they always get a refill at the half. This is if you are just playing quick games. If you play in a sim league with different sliders then you definitely shouldn't spam the turbo or your guys won't be effective at all in the 4th.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #3
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Not to mention the fact it looks ridiculous. I only ever use the R2 button when I want to dunk. Other than that, it collects dust while i'm playing this game.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 33

Turbo usually triggers a delay animation which does more bad than good, as it allows for the opponent to catch you up ... also drains alot of stamina but this, as others have said, isnt as effective with superstars as it should be with anyone ... unless playing with custom sliders.

The best bet is to experiment and know how/when to use it ... I usually dont use it on D, except when I am preventing drives from really quick players and then, would only do it (momentaneously) in conjuction with right stick and L2.

On O would only do it at the begining of a fastbrake or vs much slower defenders.

I like how, in teamup for example, all other players have 1-3 bars when I am still with 4 or 5 stamina bars.

Btw, this concept is the same for reaching in ... love how most users reach in, 95% without any reason or context to do so, get called a foul and are crying about how the game isnt right ... you have to reach in with more concious now and you will get the propper results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »