Home

Players unhappy about playing time

This is a discussion on Players unhappy about playing time within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Players unhappy about playing time

Does it matter how many minutes the player really plays or how much you have him set for on rotation time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Players unhappy about playing time

if you have auto subs on, then the computer will follow the rotation if you have the settings programmed to do that.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Rookie

I understand that, but I'm asking does it matter for players morale
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Rookie

oh its the role you give them. If you turn it off at the settings screen when you make your association it wont effect them, but you didnt so now you cant change it and unless you give those players a bigger role they will freak out.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Rookie

If I give them bigger roles but still play them the same amount, like make a bench player a starter for his role but still make him come off bench. Will that help or no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1p
If I give them bigger roles but still play them the same amount, like make a bench player a starter for his role but still make him come off bench. Will that help or no?
lol ya but then you wind up with guys who are starters as bench warmers who are starting and they get pissed
Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
Rookie

thelakeshow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1p
Does it matter how many minutes the player really plays or how much you have him set for on rotation time?
It sounds like your playing association mode and you have alot of players on your bench players that are upset with their minutes and roles. Your going to want to start giving your bench players some more minutes, and trade any highly rated veteran bench warmer that isn't getting any minutes, for a draft pick or a rookie you like with potential.

It's believe its more about how many minutes the player is set for and what their role is on the team. Starters are pretty much always going to be happy if your winning. I try to give my best starters (rated 81+), no more than 36 minutes a game. Starters rated 74-80, I give them between 30-34 minutes. The rest of the team all depends on the player's personality type, their overall rating, how many years they have been in the league, the minutes they are assigned and their role on the team.

A 64-70 rated rookie for the most part is okay with being a prospect. For the most part, it doesn't matter if the rookie is at the end of the bench and getting no minutes. As long as they are a prospect, they are good. Most will understand that they are a rookie and they need to learn the game.

The Sixth Man is okay with get anything 16+ minutes a game. I usually give this the six man role to the player with a good rating and to the player who plays a position of my least effective starter.

For players rated 65+, with more than 1 or 2 years in the league, they want to atleast be a role player. You can have as many role or bench players as you want. I usually leave the bench player role to players only use incase of a emergency, players rated 63 and lower, and are okay with getting 0 minutes. I try to have no more than 14 players on a roster. If you have 15 players, it can become difficult to manage the minutes, roles and personalities of all those players. If someone is always unhappy and complaining, and is still you a headache, no matter what role they have, trade him.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19
This is the very reason I play with roles off. No use for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »