Home

RC Reward Structure. We need a change.

This is a discussion on RC Reward Structure. We need a change. within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #1
MVP

Danab's Arena

OVR: 0

Hi guys. I know we discussed it already but I want to open that topic again! I think that the reward structure for RC needs to change and fast.

Indeed IMHO top positions and top 100 don't give good enough rewards! Last year, it was special and motivating to get a DUPE Rc card. This year, it seems pointless...

For example this RC i settled for top 1000 so only 6k points.

It allowed me to : 1/ have a life; 2/ not spend over 48k on hs therefore making 60k of profits over the RC; 3/ get a RC card.

This card for once has the perfect spec. PM.

On the other hand a top 10 player, my friend TeamTerminator ended up with 4 times more points which shows a huge commitment.
Results : his rewards SUCK (a foil RC Wall 2 spec, def/reb and a foil leg which doesn't make most top players season Lu...)

I know for a fact since I reached top 100 3 times this year that most players have to spend at least 300k (inclunding all their sales) to secure their spot.

So tell me where is the incentive to even grind there?

Several options have alredy been raised by member such has :

4 spec RC reward + WC for Top 25
3 Spec for Top 100
2 Spec Top 500
1 Spec top 1000

Or Receiving the RC card + a special card which allow you to ADD ability to ANY card of your choice (card only obtainable as part of the RC reward).

What do you guys think? What do you think the reward structure should be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
MVP

SlightlySnaked's Arena

Re: RC Reward Structure. We need a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danab
Hi guys. I know we discussed it already but I want to open that topic again! I think that the reward structure for RC needs to change and fast.

Indeed IMHO top positions and top 100 don't give good enough rewards! Last year, it was special and motivating to get a DUPE Rc card. This year, it seems pointless...

For example this RC i settled for top 1000 so only 6k points.

It allowed me to : 1/ have a life; 2/ not spend over 48k on hs therefore making 60k of profits over the RC; 3/ get a RC card.

This card for once has the perfect spec. PM.

On the other hand a top 10 player, my friend TeamTerminator ended up with 4 times more points which shows a huge commitment.
Results : his rewards SUCK (a foil RC Wall 2 spec, def/reb and a foil leg which doesn't make most top players season Lu...)

I know for a fact since I reached top 100 3 times this year that most players have to spend at least 300k (inclunding all their sales) to secure their spot.

So tell me where is the incentive to even grind there?

Several options have alredy been raised by member such has :

4 spec RC reward + WC for Top 25
3 Spec for Top 100
2 Spec Top 500
1 Spec top 1000

Or Receiving the RC card + a special card which allow you to ADD ability to ANY card of your choice (card only obtainable as part of the RC reward).

What do you guys think? What do you think the reward structure should be?
All your suggestions seem reasonable... none of them are probably going to happen... here's to hoping for a decent RttC this week to bring me back into the game a bit...

-Snake
Old 12-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
Rookie

There definitely needs to be a tier in between 100-1000. I finish top 500 every RC.

What I don't get is we finished in the same neighborhood and I never buy HS for RC. I drafted 3 legs during RC which is the most ever during an event. How did you make 108k (60k profit plus 48k hs pack?) Selling legs dont even consistently bring 30k back.

MyTeam- The North
Old 12-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

I think there are way to many RC cards given out.Maybe top 500 would be ok,with big incentives for top 10 or 25.And a maybe tiers for every hundred up to 500.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2015, 08:13 PM   #5
Rookie

PsyGoesNova's Arena

The disparity in effort and resources (RP) needed to get into top 100 and top 1k and the corresponding rewards is night and day. There is so much work needed to get to top 100 to get a single spec advantage, while you can just coast for the duration of the event for top 1k and basically get the same reward albeit a bit weaker.

Like Danab said, people like TeamTerminator and the rest of the 99 people who dedicate their time for this event should get better rewards than people who choose not to put in the same effort.

I understand that people who don't have the time and resources (and maybe willingness) should not be left out, but please, either change their reward to a non-RC card, OR they can still have a basic RC card but make the top 100 and 25 rewards substantially better.

TLDR: Rewards for the top 100 people suck and its almost useless to go for it when you can coast and spend little time and almost zero resources to get basically the same card. Changes are needed.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
MVP: Pro Epic Dirk Nowitzki
QG Tier: Legendary ++
Season Tier: Legendary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Idapapi79's Arena

I agree the reward structure needs to change. Top 25 should be awarded a 4 spec card liked the ones auctioned in skybox for the same 3-4 players the buy everytime. In 2k15 you got the best card in the game for finishing top 25 that should be the case with 2k16.

I propose the reward structure go something like this:

Top 25 : 4 spec rc
Top 100 : rc foil
Top 300 : non foil rc
Top 1000 : leg foil

Last edited by Idapapi79; 12-07-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:47 PM   #7
MVP

Adam_19's Arena

Changing the rewards would just cater to people who spend a lot of money on the game. There is no way a free player would be able to compete which would just be completely unfair. There is already skybox that is basically exclusive to paying players seeing as no one else can afford anything in there so there is no reason to alienate the free players even more by changing RC rewards.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #8
Pro

CAMeagle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_19
Changing the rewards would just cater to people who spend a lot of money on the game. There is no way a free player would be able to compete which would just be completely unfair. There is already skybox that is basically exclusive to paying players seeing as no one else can afford anything in there so there is no reason to alienate the free players even more by changing RC rewards.
Yes, Top 100 should get better rewards. Some good ideas have been given already. I may be overrating the spec aspect, but the new special supplement cards are really intriguing -- making cards auctionable, adding specs of choice, etc. Or just giving wild cards out.

As a mostly free player (donating $100 to CD for star contracts only -- treating this like a VERY expensive portable console videogame), I feel REALLY grateful to be able to have a chance for an RC card when I have the time & roster benefit to put in the 1000 games in 81 hours (placing under 500 for Wade & Wall without HSing). I understand if the rewards change to entice more HSing, but personally that would suck.

I'd rather CD give better incentives for Top 100, 250, or 500 for RC and Semifinals/Finals/Champ in Seasons. That might cause a bigger gap between the haves and have-nots, but if the game is running on the $$$ of the rich and top middle-class -- gotta keep them happy, right? Since the original point is to make sure the time and $$$ being thrown down for top spots are rewarded accordingly.

AND IF they do change the rewards at the top, make sure the algorithms for seasons and other functions are sharpened accordingly so squads are matched up with similar squads of strength to avoid mismatches as much as possible. (Yes, there will always be strategies to take advantage of loopholes, but that's a part of life.)

Last edited by CAMeagle; 12-07-2015 at 09:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »