Home

Only top 100 get rc card. Love it or hate it?

This is a discussion on Only top 100 get rc card. Love it or hate it? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

OVR: 0
Only top 100 get rc card. Love it or hate it?

Let CD know how it's customers feel.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Only top 100 get rc card. Love it or hate it?

I don't really care, I never grind that hard for the RC card but that's a bit excessive if you ask me

IGN: KnicksFixer82
Old 04-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

I mean from my perspective it appears to take the joy out of earning those cards and make it more of a grind

IGN: KnicksFixer82
Old 04-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
Pro

CAMeagle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRayne
Oh, good lord. Top 100 for an event card now? Unless you're sharing accounts or botting, is there any realistic way to make it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF KEETH
Took a little break before playoff hit, came back for this RC event to see top 100 only getting the event card, might give it a go but man this isn't making me want to continue playing.
RC Bracket Point Tracker

***MOVED FROM MAIN THREAD***

Looking at trends for previous tiers on reward bracket breakdown, CD moving non-foil RC card from Top 500 in Star tier to Top 100 in PO tier wasn't a surprise. If anything, going from 500 to 100 rather than 500 to 250 or something was the real question.

As we head towards the endgame was this app, having the most powerful cards in the game (outside of BTC) being exclusive to Top 100 RC finishers is the best move -- especially considering that this makes those PO RttC more enticing (and puts $$ in CD's pockets). Before PO RC reward bracket was announced, I was thinking that the non-foil event card was going to be 15k points minimum anyways... now that it's exclusive to Top 100, it'll go for 20k-25k easily. In a way, that helps us more casual players who can handle the 6k-9k for the Top 1000 foil PO base card... and casual play can definitely land a more-than-decent foil Star card for 4k+ points...

Anyways, with current PO RC reward structure, PO cards from drafts, seasons, and packs remain relevant for a longer period of time (and therefore PO market in AH remains decent)... until CD decides to unleash those all-PO rewards in RC/RttC after Finals as they milk out the app's last $$ drops towards possible loyalty rewards for next year's app. And the "chance" for top cards period in BTC game mode will be HOT... unless there's a sub-tier awaiting to be unleashed along the lines of "The Greats"...

Last edited by CAMeagle; 04-20-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #5
Pro

Like it. Wish it was higher. Pros in general are much too common in this year's app. Event pros especially. Regular cards are trash in this app. Mainly because every card someone gets is proed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #6
Rookie

CHIEF KEETH's Arena

I understand it completely from cash daddy's perspective but as a free to play player this possibly kills the game for me. Previously id work towards winning rcs every couple weeks, being the only way to reasonably get one of the better cards in the game for free, but now Im not sure the time and rp investment is worth my time. Thus I think my time with the game itself is possibly done. I took a break before playoff hit and came back with the intention of grinding out blacktop, seasons and rcs to MAYBE compete with the top tier pay players but now Im not sure im going to do much besides the occasional season to maybe picks up some reward points for the next iteration of the game in 2017, asuming thaf happens again.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #7
Rookie

lazypotato's Arena

I dislike it for the fact that no matter how hard I grind, I honestly have no chance at getting anything higher than a regular PO card now. That just leads to more losses in season, BTC, and even quick games. I'd much prefer if top 1k was an AS/HOF level PO card. CD has given me no reason to play anymore as seasons have me booted in the first round and proing more regular PO cards is pointless.

Telling me that 20k pts isn't enough for an RC card that loses to BTC and RTTC cards is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2016, 07:22 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypotato
I dislike it for the fact that no matter how hard I grind, I honestly have no chance at getting anything higher than a regular PO card now. That just leads to more losses in season, BTC, and even quick games. I'd much prefer if top 1k was an AS/HOF level PO card. CD has given me no reason to play anymore as seasons have me booted in the first round and proing more regular PO cards is pointless.

Telling me that 20k pts isn't enough for an RC card that loses to BTC and RTTC cards is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If less people have RC cards, don't you think you will see less of them in BTC, seasons and quick games?

Last edited by Elite1216; 04-20-2016 at 07:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »