Home

Mid-Season Update Out Now!

This is a discussion on Mid-Season Update Out Now! within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Mid-Season Update Out Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
honestly adding new cards just makes me want to quit playing.
This is just a really, really frustrating update for me.
You are absolutely right. But when you think of all the time you will save when you quit playing this game, this update is a great thing for you in the end.

This update makes it even more difficult for the free-to-play gamers to get any good card (epic pro or legendary), the chances were already bloody ridiculous, now they are even more (Insert F-word here!)ed up.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstruso
You are absolutely right. But when you think of all the time you will save when you quit playing this game, this update is a great thing for you in the end.

This update makes it even more difficult for the free-to-play gamers to get any good card (epic pro or legendary), the chances were already bloody ridiculous, now they are even more (Insert F-word here!)ed up.
This game may have once been competitive for me, but I will never be able to compete with the $500-$1000 plus spenders; and there is ALOT apparently, since once I got a good deck, I started playing QGs with the higher tier teams with multiple Legend Pros and Epic Pros yet not many of them have over a couple thousand games played. It's more about the chase for me now, hunting down Epics and clearing the catalog. Free to play is still here but free to compete was long gone once they introduced the Epic Packs. It's sad, but the almighty buck runs the world LOL

Record: 15890-3126
6 Legendary (5 Players, 1 Support; 3 Drafted, 3 From RC)
37 Epics (30 Drafted, 5 From Season, 2 From RC)
0 Legendary Pros
5 Epic Pros (3 Fully Drafted, 1 Season/Draft Mix, 1 From RC)
Old 03-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChat138
This game may have once been competitive for me, but I will never be able to compete with the $500-$1000 plus spenders; and there is ALOT apparently, since once I got a good deck, I started playing QGs with the higher tier teams with multiple Legend Pros and Epic Pros yet not many of them have over a couple thousand games played. It's more about the chase for me now, hunting down Epics and clearing the catalog. Free to play is still here but free to compete was long gone once they introduced the Epic Packs. It's sad, but the almighty buck runs the world LOL
I hear you. If their season matching algorithm update is any good, you should be matched up with people with your stats. Of course, people in those seasons can then still go out and buy epics and legendaries after joining the season and there's no real solution to that.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #60
Pro

lolersaurus's Arena

OVR: 1

Haven't even checked it out myself but I find it cool that you guys added new cards!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 9

I don't understand the big spenders. I mean $1000 is 6 years of playing a $15/month MMO. And this whole game will be gone in 6 months, most likely!

The whole thing is tuned for big spenders, which is a very small population of the gaming world. So basically a huge percentage of people who play the game suffer for the fact that the whole game is tuned such that rich people can buy the best cards.

I would pay $20 if I could get 5 really good cards for it. I would be willing to pay $20 in support of the company just for the sheer amount of time I've spent on this game. But I'm not paying 20 bucks for one epic pack, and I'm definitely not spending money to get a common from one of the other packs. Basically this game won't let me progress, it won't let me quit playing, and it won't let me spend any money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #62
Rookie

djeternal2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskopo
I hear you. If their season matching algorithm update is any good, you should be matched up with people with your stats. Of course, people in those seasons can then still go out and buy epics and legendaries after joining the season and there's no real solution to that.
Well the solution for that is to take away subs in season. Once you start the season your team is "locked in". So then starting from that you create the algorithm to populate seasons based on total team overall that is the 15 lineup spots for the season. And yes you have to use it for 15 and not just the 10 starters/backups because that would eliminate "hiding" epics/legends in sub spots.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #63
Rookie

I hope these new cards come rolling in. I gotta complete the common/uncommon list again.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNotSkill
I hope these new cards come rolling in. I gotta complete the common/uncommon list again.
yea and the new background helps in remember not to burn them before the dup comes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »