Home

Mid-Season Update Out Now!

This is a discussion on Mid-Season Update Out Now! within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Mid-Season Update Out Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChat138
This game may have once been competitive for me, but I will never be able to compete with the $500-$1000 plus spenders; and there is ALOT apparently, since once I got a good deck, I started playing QGs with the higher tier teams with multiple Legend Pros and Epic Pros yet not many of them have over a couple thousand games played. It's more about the chase for me now, hunting down Epics and clearing the catalog. Free to play is still here but free to compete was long gone once they introduced the Epic Packs. It's sad, but the almighty buck runs the world LOL
Competition is not the problem. If you play smart you can win season as free-to-play gamer, that is no big deal. The problem is this is also a card collecting game and the chances to get the cards you want are simply not existent for freeplayers and even very poor for guys spending the big buck.

7 epics drafted in around 20k picks, that is obviously Bull****.

20 bucks for one card (80% chance for epic, 20% for legendary) is an extraordinary rip-off. I still wonder how can anyone invest that much money several times for such a small game. Whats next? A mobile tic-tac-toe in which every move costs you 50 bucks and the winner of the game gets 3 free moves for the next game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstruso
Competition is not the problem. If you play smart you can win season as free-to-play gamer, that is no big deal. The problem is this is also a card collecting game and the chances to get the cards you want are simply not existent for freeplayers and even very poor for guys spending the big buck.
I'd say that MOST people see this game as a competition rather than a collection game. I know there's no way I can collect all the cards and even a small chance of getting my favorite players so I'm more interesting in winning seasons and stuff, which I can't do just by being "smart", sometimes I play teams that have invested thousands of dollars in the game and there's no way I can beat them.

I know there's going to be skill differences in things like the Rivalry Mode, but I think at the very least the regular season should give equal chances to win, otherwise it's just a big waste of time.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm no dummy, and I haven't been in a winnable season for 2 months.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #68
MVP

NEW CARDS
But where's T-Mac and Vince Carter? :/
And Westbrook legendary... um.
But still really happy we get new cards, THANKS NW!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I'm no dummy, and I haven't been in a winnable season for 2 months.
You have too many cards, you can not collect cards and win the season as a freeplayer. I also was in serious trouble but after getting rid of a bunch of excellent cards that were not used in season, I was back in the game. The lesser cards you have on the side, the better are your chances to win the season.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #70
Pro

The funnest part about the new cards is that the new commons are about as Rare to find as the old Rares were

Record: 15890-3126
6 Legendary (5 Players, 1 Support; 3 Drafted, 3 From RC)
37 Epics (30 Drafted, 5 From Season, 2 From RC)
0 Legendary Pros
5 Epic Pros (3 Fully Drafted, 1 Season/Draft Mix, 1 From RC)
Old 03-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #71
Rookie

I think this update is a mess:

players that were "commons" duplicated as "uncommons"

players that were "uncommons" duplicated as "rares"

players that were "uncommons" duplicated as other "uncommons"

players that were "rares" duplicated as another "rares"

in my opinion you should have added just players who have been traded, or new "historic" players of the past...
with this update the catalogue is a complete mess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I don't understand the big spenders. I mean $1000 is 6 years of playing a $15/month MMO. And this whole game will be gone in 6 months, most likely!

The whole thing is tuned for big spenders, which is a very small population of the gaming world. So basically a huge percentage of people who play the game suffer for the fact that the whole game is tuned such that rich people can buy the best cards.

I would pay $20 if I could get 5 really good cards for it. I would be willing to pay $20 in support of the company just for the sheer amount of time I've spent on this game. But I'm not paying 20 bucks for one epic pack, and I'm definitely not spending money to get a common from one of the other packs. Basically this game won't let me progress, it won't let me quit playing, and it won't let me spend any money.
I've spent a fair amount. I can't really say why other than I did. I've gotten a fantastic team out of it and that allows me to have fun. I don't want to ruin others fun but I don't feel bad for buying what I've bought either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »