Home

Season Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Season Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Season Discussion Thread

The last 15 season matches I have lost. I get paired up with teams that have at least 500-1000 points per category better. It doesn't appear the pairing up is done accurately. Anyone know the specifications on how you get paired up in season mode with certain teams?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #74
Rookie

Still on rebuild mode

Sent from my Skyfire2 using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2014, 03:08 AM   #75
Rookie

ItsJustGame is right about how the season matchmaking is working. And yeah, it's ridiculous.
The game will be much more exciting and less frustrating if the season could be balanced...and players who don't spend money in cards can have a decent chance to get epic through season.
My 2 cents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #76
Rookie

Season matchmaking was supposed fixed to remove super op players? I think not. What the actual fu--..... And my card catalog still hasn't been fixed and I've emailed over 3 times to feedback in the past few weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (225.9 KB, 97 views)

39 Epics
Pro Epics: Iguodala, Joe Johnson, Penny Hardaway, 11 others
25 Single Epics
1 Legendary: Dr. J
MVP: Pro Epic Iggy
6400+ Draft Picks Available
Old 05-02-2014, 04:25 AM   #77
Pro

From personal experience and reading the forums, season match making seems to work as follows (note reverse engineering from a programmer)...

Match making is broken into tiers similar to reward system from RC and reward system based on your standing. Why? Its easier to program this way as you just use blocks of if/else if statements. Very simple to make, very simple to fix, very simple to adjust, and very simple to add more tiers later. Also most programmers/teams prefer to be consistent with their programming for the entire program (and for the most part in general), that way debugging is much easier as you don't have to think how you program a certain part of the code.

That means most likely, there will be a function/program use to calculate your total deck score based on your top 15 cards and the sum is a certain number. Depending on that number, you will be placed in a number of tiers. For example...

*note total = sum of all 4 category
If (total < 4000) then tier 1
else if (total < 6000) then tier 2
else if (total < 8000) then tier 3
else tier 4

Of course those numbers are not real but it looks like those with 2000+ rating per category often will be match up with trucks meaning they are in the final block of the if/else statement (aka if all conditions before are not true, then throw them all into tier 4 queue).

Over time, i'm sure CD will just add more tiers (i.e. <10k, etc) then the match making will be slightly better but there will still be 1 group that will have trucks (the highest group/last group). There is no avoiding this with the current system 'cause you have a very limited number of players with 6000+ line-ups and unless you make their queue times extremely long (basically so they only play each other... no idea if there is even 32 of them), they will end up being a truck in pretty much any season... difference is it'll be a 3000+, 4000+, etc season instead of 2000+ like right now. My guess is the next patch likely would improve match making by adding tiers between 2000 and 3000. Also note there are probably more than 4 tiers (i.e. the range is probably smaller that 500 points per category) but you really need a lot more data to truely figure out what the range is. I only had 3 seasons below 2000 (won all 3 'cause i made 3 subs each time and each time, the 3 subs were cards that i didn't have @ the start of the season and was my best by the end of the season, first season i was under 1k @ the start and got to ~1k by the end, second season i was around 1100 at the start and 1600 by the end, third season i was aronud 1600 at the start and just over 2000 by the end) and for the most part, all 3 of them seem close with a few teams a lot lower (likely due to the fact they weren't using their best cards or didn't train them). Starting season 4 to now 8 i have had randomly 5-6 tanks ranging from 3000+ to 6000+. This seems consistent with all complaints in the forum.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #78
Rookie

FIX SEASON MATCHMAKING PLEASE.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2014-05-26_08-29-47.png (264.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: png 2014-05-26_01-26-30.png (296.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: png 2014-05-17_00-02-30.png (283.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: png 2014-05-12_23-10-14.png (380.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png 2014-05-12_23-10-00.png (400.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 05-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #79
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keondre
FIX SEASON MATCHMAKING PLEASE.

I think that's the main thing that needs to be fixed in the game. Once you hit 2000-2500pts per category it's open season for trucks to be in your season

User: JDaGr8
Team: Blazers
MVP: LaMarcus Aldridge
Old 05-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denkiteki
From personal experience and reading the forums, season match making seems to work as follows (note reverse engineering from a programmer)...

Match making is broken into tiers similar to reward system from RC and reward system based on your standing. Why? Its easier to program this way as you just use blocks of if/else if statements. Very simple to make, very simple to fix, very simple to adjust, and very simple to add more tiers later. Also most programmers/teams prefer to be consistent with their programming for the entire program (and for the most part in general), that way debugging is much easier as you don't have to think how you program a certain part of the code.

That means most likely, there will be a function/program use to calculate your total deck score based on your top 15 cards and the sum is a certain number. Depending on that number, you will be placed in a number of tiers. For example...

*note total = sum of all 4 category
If (total < 4000) then tier 1
else if (total < 6000) then tier 2
else if (total < 8000) then tier 3
else tier 4

Of course those numbers are not real but it looks like those with 2000+ rating per category often will be match up with trucks meaning they are in the final block of the if/else statement (aka if all conditions before are not true, then throw them all into tier 4 queue).

Over time, i'm sure CD will just add more tiers (i.e. <10k, etc) then the match making will be slightly better but there will still be 1 group that will have trucks (the highest group/last group). There is no avoiding this with the current system 'cause you have a very limited number of players with 6000+ line-ups and unless you make their queue times extremely long (basically so they only play each other... no idea if there is even 32 of them), they will end up being a truck in pretty much any season... difference is it'll be a 3000+, 4000+, etc season instead of 2000+ like right now. My guess is the next patch likely would improve match making by adding tiers between 2000 and 3000. Also note there are probably more than 4 tiers (i.e. the range is probably smaller that 500 points per category) but you really need a lot more data to truely figure out what the range is. I only had 3 seasons below 2000 (won all 3 'cause i made 3 subs each time and each time, the 3 subs were cards that i didn't have @ the start of the season and was my best by the end of the season, first season i was under 1k @ the start and got to ~1k by the end, second season i was around 1100 at the start and 1600 by the end, third season i was aronud 1600 at the start and just over 2000 by the end) and for the most part, all 3 of them seem close with a few teams a lot lower (likely due to the fact they weren't using their best cards or didn't train them). Starting season 4 to now 8 i have had randomly 5-6 tanks ranging from 3000+ to 6000+. This seems consistent with all complaints in the forum.
SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS WE ALL NEED TO DUMP OUR CARDS OUR PRO EPICS AND LEGS AND JUST PLAY WITH RARES AND COMMONS TO ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE AT WINNING A SEASON????? THAT IS NOT LOGICAL, I SEE HOW IT WOULD MAKE PEOPLE WANT TO SPEND MONEY TO COMPETE BUT I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD MAKE MANY LEAVE THE GAME PERIOD. THERE SHOULD BE LEVELS AND WITH THE NEW CARDS AND PPL ADVANCING QUICKLY IT SHOULDNT BE UNDER 2K THEN 2-3 AND 3-MAX.....

I HAVE BEEN GETTING 5-6-7-8K PLAYERS SINCE I PASSED 2K IN STATS. ITS JUST RIDICULOUS AND MAKES ME WANT TO DELETE THIS GAME AND EVEN TAKE MY XBOX COPY TO GAME STOP AND GET RID OF IT ALSO.

SO FRUSTRATING

Leg: Pros Drexler,Howard,Baylor, single Erving,Pippen,Monroe(Only 1 drafted in 30k+ games), Dr J

Epic Pro:Westbrook,Penny,Griffin,Pippen,Holiday,Lillard ,Bosh,Garnett,Lawson,Thomas,Lillard,Aldridge

RCs:Por r.223,Orl r.229,6ers r.660,LaL r.180

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »