Home

Season Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Season Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Season Discussion Thread

A thread dedicated to season mode discussion, and maybe take some of that out of the general discussion thread and clean it up. This thread can include things about matchmaking, season rewards, showing off your season lineups and/or getting advice on your lineup. And of course pictures of your seasons, matchups, cards, etc. May add some info to this post later if people think it'll be useful.

A couple of posts that seem worth highlighting from other places:

NWGameDad post on season scoring: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...01&postcount=2

NWGameDad post on what factors into your season "rating" for matchmaking: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...75&postcount=6

More season info from NWGameDad: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...4&postcount=33

Last edited by Anchen; 03-19-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Season Discussion Thread

Current season lineup. In a season with NWGameDad, GundamDuo (Trey) among others. This is one of the first seasons after NWGameDad supposedly re-turned on the new matchmaking I think. I probably have no chance since Trey looks a few hundred points above me but guess we'll see. Gonna give updates about our season if I see anyone to watch out for Trey. Also we had a weird glitch where game 1 we weren't fully energized, wonder if anyone else is getting that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 141.jpg (145.3 KB, 248 views)
Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Pro

Damn, just saw this thread right after I posted mine in the monster thread. I'l repost mine to give this thread some "action".
----------

Here's mine —before Rivals ended and after it did, with all the rewards and epics pro.

I subbed in the two Pippens and Jordan in the season I was playing. I also bought $20 worth of Atlanta Hawks team packs and got dupes for my Horford and Pistol, so I subbed them in too —let's see if I can beat the truck that's in my season, now we're neck to neck in stats.

Question: Should I combine the Pippens?

Last edited by Ezquerro; 03-18-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezquerro
Damn, just saw this thread right after I posted mine in the monster thread. I'l repost mine to give this thread some "action".
----------

I'm rather late to the Lineup party but here's mine —before Rivals ended and after with all the rewards and epics pro.

I subbed in the two Pippens and Jordan in the season I was playing. I also bought $20 worth of Atlanta Hawks team packs and got dupes for my Horford and Pistol, so I subbed them in too —let's see if I can beat the truck that's in my season, now we're neck to neck in stats.

Question: Should I combine the Pippens?

Based on my current theory of season scoring, I think yes you should. If the theory is that these are more or less simulated quick games, then what you really want is just to win best 3 out of 5's. 1 Monster player (say a legend pro) and 4 mediocre ones (in this case mediocre is a rare pro I guess) would lose to a lineup that had say 4 legends, but IF you can field say your best 6 that should give you a puncher's chance vs even lineups with higher "totals" spread over more players (ie going with the idea that you need to win best 3 out of 5's like a quick game). If you had only say the 2 pippens and nothing else then I think you are better served with keeping them separate but in your case I'd say combine since I think you have enough power players. Of course this could be completely off base =)
Old 03-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #5
Banned

Post Rivals this is my current LU.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
Banned

Check out the mid-season thread. NW said they tweaked it today to help some but its not the ultimate fix.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Some further theorizing into season scoring. This could be all bogus, but can maybe start to think of ways of testing. These are mostly based on three things I've seen:

- The energy used is 8 for starters and 6 for bench.
- There seems to be three results for each quarter. A clean win, which is similar to quick game, usually results in a gain of 4-6 points. A tie. This is rare but happens in quick games too especially if both players are actually playing the same card. And then the kind of funny result, the "small win". This is when the score is something like 99-97 or something.
- You can be down say 5 going into the 4th quarter and then someone wins by like 30. This was posted somewhere by NWGameDad as a result of overtime. So overtime seems to have some different rules to it than say regular quick games where you play your "last card".

Theory on the 8:6 ratio: One of the quarters, most likely the first, is determined solely by starters. That seems like a likely explanation of the 8:6 ratio of energy.

Theory on big win, small win, tie. I don't *think* I recall seeing a "small lead" after 1 quarter before, but I have seen it after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. If anyone has seen it feel free to post. Part two of the theory is that for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter, in someway the bench starts playing. My current guess is it starts a "parallel" game to the first game, with bench vs bench. The results are, if one team's starter and bench both win, it is a "clean win". If the starter and bench split, it becomes a a "small" win.

Alternatively, instead the bench is merged into the "main game" and instead of sending one player it sends two, one from the remaining starters (the player from quarter 1 is used up though) and one from the bench. Then depending where they finish, say one team is 1/2 and the other team is 3/4 then it is a "clean" win. If one team is 1/4 and the other is 2/3 then maybe it is a tie. 1/3 and 2/4 is a "small win". The problem with that is if two cards tie it gets sorta messy. Also, "ties" as in say the score is 26-21, and then becomes 49-44 seems rare to me. Usually it becomes tied, there is a small lead, or there is a bigger lead, say 10 points. If there was a "tie" for a quarter, it would result in more maintaining the separation.

Overtime: My guess is when you get to overtime, instead of simply using the last players like it is in a regular quick game, probably because there is so few left it is more similar to a quick game "double overtime" where it restarts and you get all your players back. It then plays a few extra rounds to determine the winner which can lead to dramatic number swings if one team wins several of them.

Feel free to debate, shoot holes, or if anyone has ideas of how to go about testing, those all seem cool.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:51 AM   #8
Rookie

My lineup heading into the playoffs.
I've got the highest point totals in my season but not by much. I'm hoping to finally get another win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »