Home

Disastrous Knicks/Pacers Rivals Clash - and how to make it right

This is a discussion on Disastrous Knicks/Pacers Rivals Clash - and how to make it right within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Disastrous Knicks/Pacers Rivals Clash - and how to make it right

Sorry guys but I doubt they will give out anything that could potentially cut into their pockets. This is their business they want you to "earn" their leg and epic cards but in reality they want u to buy them that's why they won't give any out or give us actual numbers on drop rates

Benitez

***********.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #26
MVP

Disastrous Knicks/Pacers Rivals Clash - and how to make it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nst3r42
Whats TOS?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Terms of service maybe? I was wondering the same

Benitez

***********.com
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #27

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Yes, the terms of service you all agreed to when you signed up:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...17-2013-a.html
Old 03-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benitezj10
Sorry guys but I doubt they will give out anything that could potentially cut into their pockets. This is their business they want you to "earn" their leg and epic cards but in reality they want u to buy them that's why they won't give any out or give us actual numbers on drop rates

Benitez
That's the thing though, it doesn't "cut into their pockets." Assuming they don't have to expend some gross amounts of resources to code in some kind of reward like an epic pack or something, then that's an imaginary expense. It costs them nothing to produce, it can literally be replicated for anyone and it doesn't really reduce scarcity seeing as there are still literally hundreds of incredibly unique cards to collect. We're not asking them to ship us all out something individually of tangible value, you know a courtesy most companies DO act upon when things go wrong and that actually costs those companies something. But why do they do it? To retain consumer confidence, like most companies.

Which is why I asked NW "why." Am I underestimating the amount of time and resources it takes to code in something like that or is just a case of the developers not wanting to attempt to meet the consumers halfway here?

Team: Cavs

Record: 31077-3901

Draft: 3 Legendaries, 27 Epics
Old 03-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkleo504
That's the thing though, it doesn't "cut into their pockets." Assuming they don't have to expend some gross amounts of resources to code in some kind of reward like an epic pack or something, then that's an imaginary asset. It costs them nothing to produce, it can literally be replicated for anyone and it doesn't really reduce scarcity seeing as there are still literally hundreds of incredibly unique cards to collect. We're not asking them to ship us all out something individually of tangible value, you know a courtesy most companies DO act upon when things go wrong and that actually costs those companies something. But why do they do it? To retain consumer confidence, like most companies.

Which is why I asked NW "why." Am I underestimating the amount of time and resources it takes to code in something like that or is just a case of the developers not wanting to attempt to meet the consumers halfway here?

Why? Because it's 2k/CD. It's that simple customer service is not too high on their list. Now maybe they could give us something and prove me wrong but I just don't see it. I think a "discount" on credits or an extended event could be our reward

Benitez

***********.com
Old 03-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkleo504
That's the thing though, it doesn't "cut into their pockets." Assuming they don't have to expend some gross amounts of resources to code in some kind of reward like an epic pack or something, then that's an imaginary expense. It costs them nothing to produce, it can literally be replicated for anyone and it doesn't really reduce scarcity seeing as there are still literally hundreds of incredibly unique cards to collect. We're not asking them to ship us all out something individually of tangible value, you know a courtesy most companies DO act upon when things go wrong and that actually costs those companies something. But why do they do it? To retain consumer confidence, like most companies.

I could not agree with this post anymore! NWGD, answer this mans post please, these are questions your customers need answers to.! Instead of saying what you aren't going to do, could you explain what you will do..?
Legend Pros- 0
Legends- 6
Epic Pros- 5
Epics- 19
Money Spent- $50
Old 03-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Josh
No it's really not. For most of us an epic doesn't do squat
I think "most of us" is a vast over statement. There are far more who play the game that would benefit from an Epic than those that wouldn't.

Anyways what I typed came out wrong. I meant I don't think it's UNreasonable for us to expect at the very least an Epic, and honestly something better is probably more in line with our thoughts.

Last edited by TheRescue0; 03-28-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #32
Pro

Giving out amazing cards isn't a real solution.

This game has already been going through insane inflation since the 2nd Rivals event. You know how you guys keep complaining about Beast Rodman? Why do you think there are so many floating around now?

CD handing out another card to everyone is only gonna do more of the same.

I'm not sure what the answer is here, but giving out Legends definitely isn't in our best interests.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »