Home

How do you win a Season Championship?

This is a discussion on How do you win a Season Championship? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2014, 05:22 AM   #1
Banned

jeb222's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you win a Season Championship?

Every time I play a Season, I'm always among the top players...

But there is always 1-2 guys who are just twice as good as everybody else that dominates the playoffs. I've played 4 Seasons, 2 2nd place finishes and 3rd round finishes.

Is there any secret to winning Seasons? (Sub-ins, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2014, 05:36 AM   #2
Pro

Re: How do you win a Season Championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb222
Every time I play a Season, I'm always among the top players...

But there is always 1-2 guys who are just twice as good as everybody else that dominates the playoffs. I've played 4 Seasons, 2 2nd place finishes and 3rd round finishes.

Is there any secret to winning Seasons? (Sub-ins, etc.)
- Have a good, balanced deck (overall stats don't always mean you have the best team).
- Put the best players in the starting lineup.
- Energize.
- Have team support cards.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #3
Rookie

"We are working to fix matchmaking, but you could always buy $20 epic packs! "

-CatDaddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezquerro
-
- Put the best players in the starting lineup.
I'm not sure that always applies.

I think there are arguments to be made for splitting up your best players, depending on how your deck is made up.

I, for instance, have 7 Legendary level players (2 Epic Pros, 3 Legends, 2 Rivals). I put them in my team at a 4/3 split.

I feel like this gives me a greater chance to win, than if I ran all five of my best players in the starting lineup.

You only need 3 wins to win a QG. I feel like my 4 guys can get those wins, even against somebody with 5 Legends in the starting lineup.

I definitely feel like having 3 Legend level players in the backup role helps me win that too, however large a role backups play.

I think this is true even if you have 10 Legendary level players. Putting your five best in the starting lineup is probably wasting at least one of them (assuming no overtime), and potentially two of them if you have 3 REALLY good cards, that serve different purposes.

If you put say 3-4 of your best cards up front, then fill in the other two slots with your lesser cards, then put stronger ones in the backup role, you can beat teams that may have a higher overall rating.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJack
I'm not sure that always applies.

I think there are arguments to be made for splitting up your best players, depending on how your deck is made up.

I, for instance, have 7 Legendary level players (2 Epic Pros, 3 Legends, 2 Rivals). I put them in my team at a 4/3 split.

I feel like this gives me a greater chance to win, than if I ran all five of my best players in the starting lineup.

You only need 3 wins to win a QG. I feel like my 4 guys can get those wins, even against somebody with 5 Legends in the starting lineup.

I definitely feel like having 3 Legend level players in the backup role helps me win that too, however large a role backups play.

I think this is true even if you have 10 Legendary level players. Putting your five best in the starting lineup is probably wasting at least one of them (assuming no overtime), and potentially two of them if you have 3 REALLY good cards, that serve different purposes.

If you put say 3-4 of your best cards up front, then fill in the other two slots with your lesser cards, then put stronger ones in the backup role, you can beat teams that may have a higher overall rating.
That's why I say that first of all you need a balanced deck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
Rookie

when you say fill the starting lineup with 3 of your best 5 players, does it matter if they are out of position? like if I have 3 centers and I start them and fill with 2 others does it matter? I guess I just have to energyze more often?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #7
Pro

3 seasons so far, 3 wins...

My strategy... win the regular season. Home court seems to affect things quite a bit. Also have a balance line-up with reserves that are different than your starters/back-up so you can change based on match-up.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denkiteki
3 seasons so far, 3 wins...

My strategy... win the regular season. Home court seems to affect things quite a bit. Also have a balance line-up with reserves that are different than your starters/back-up so you can change based on match-up.
Home court does nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »