Home

Update 3 (November) News

This is a discussion on Update 3 (November) News within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Update 3 (November) News

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokie2008
Thanks for the updates! People need to keep in mind, this is a FREE app. How are the going to continue to produce content if they aren't receiving any $$ for it? The credit/VC bonus should encourage some to either borrow or purchase the console game. Maybe if you play it, you will like it?? It is fair for someone who has purchased content from them to get an advantage vs someone who is just playing the free app. If you don't want to spend $$$, get to the grind. Keep up the good work, Gamedad!
Maybe people who played this app have already spent or were planning to spend money on purchasing credits for the app itself, money that goes directly to Cat Daddy. Now, that money has to be diverted to purchasing a console NBA2k15 game which probably does not go to Cat Daddy but 2k sports.

And how does grinding help when you don't earn daily credits? Daily credits were specifically for grinders.

Just another thoughtless corporate follower suck up...

And all this for an app that isn't even fully functional...

Last edited by dunknballer21; 11-13-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunknballer21
Maybe people who played this app have already spent or were planning to spend money on purchasing credits for the app itself, money that goes directly to Cat Daddy. Now, that money has to be diverted to purchasing a console NBA2k15 game which probably does not go to Cat Daddy but 2k sports.

And how does grinding help when you don't earn daily credits? Daily credits were specifically for grinders.

Just another thoughtless corporate follower suck up...

And all this for an app that isn't even fully functional...
I'm going to go ahead and assume that Cat Daddy's success with this particular app is largely dependent upon the success of Visual Concepts, so it's not like there's 2 distinct buckets for money that goes to NBA 2K15. Sure, it'd be nice for Cat Daddy to get that extra $60 from a prospective customer, but that's assuming not only that those people would actually spend $60 on a microtransaction, but that there'd be an app for Cat Daddy to make in the first place.

If you're unhappy with the functionality of the app, what do you even care? Just stop playing it and play some other game. It's a free app where you click the screen a bunch of times. I'm sure you can find another way to waste your time if you're unhappy with this decision. Plenty of other people will continue to play under the new circumstances.

The biggest mistake people are making is thinking that Cat Daddy owes them anything. For those of you who have been grinding it out, what exactly have you done that deserves any special treatment? Those who bought the game have spent $60 that has at least indirectly helped Cat Daddy.

Last edited by mqtcelticsfan; 11-13-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtcelticsfan
I'm going to go ahead and assume that Cat Daddy's success with this particular app is largely dependent upon the success of Visual Concepts, so it's not like there's 2 distinct buckets for money that goes to NBA 2K15. Sure, it'd be nice for Cat Daddy to get that extra $60 from a prospective customer, but that's assuming not only that those people would actually spend $60 on a microtransaction, but that there'd be an app for Cat Daddy to make in the first place.

If you're unhappy with the functionality of the app, what do you even care? Just stop playing it and play some other game. It's a free app where you click the screen a bunch of times. I'm sure you can find another way to waste your time if you're unhappy with this decision. Plenty of other people will continue to play under the new circumstances.

The biggest mistake people are making is thinking that Cat Daddy owes them anything. For those of you who have been grinding it out, what exactly have you done that deserves any special treatment? Those who bought the game have spent $60 that has at least indirectly helped Cat Daddy.
Are you saying that credits purchased in the app don't go to CD? What are you talking about? There are many players who have already purchased credits or were planning on purchasing credits through the app. You don't think that money goes to CD? You don't think CD "owes" these customers anything? Now, these customers have to go out and purchase the console game if they don't already have one?

You're right, I don't have to play the game. I never had to. But does that mean that I don't have a right to voice my opinion about how a company is running their product? Customer loyalty is a two-way street. I'm just pointing out that Cat Daddy sure doesn't seem to care about its customers.

Yet, there are obviously those who will blindly continue to suck CD's dick no matter how they get screwed.

Last edited by dunknballer21; 11-13-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #28
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by owen10ozzy
Two questions;

1) Will the game automatically update once the update hits iOs?

2) I've been saving my draft picks overtime; will I lose them once the game updates or will they still be there after?
1. It depends on the settings you have on your phone. I forget which iOS versions allowed auto-updating but it is a feature of one of them. We will be force upgrading everyone, meaning old versions will not work, once it is out for all platforms.

2. You will not lose your draft picks. However, we may limit the amount of draft picks you can "save" in the future. The game was never intended to allow you to save draft picks. The extremes some people go through to save them should be an indicator that this is not what was intended. Don't be surprised if you lose picks in the future.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #29
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
Hi NWGamedad, any updates on the new drop rate system that is being tested?

also a small suggestion I would like to make not really game mechanics related but might be nice to have. How about having a different player picture for the pro version of a card maybe for legendary, epic and ultra rare cards?

Thanks.
Nothing new to report, other than we are still testing it.

We actually looked at different pics for pro cards last year. We ultimately decided against it just because it gave the impression of a totally different card. Some players have multiple cards already so changing picks for pros just made it more confusing.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Are you saying that credits purchased in the app don't go to CD? What are you talking about? There are many players who have already purchased credits or were planning on purchasing credits through the app. You don't think that money goes to CD? You don't think CD "owes" these customers anything? Now, these customers have to go out and purchase the console game if they don't already have one?
The money paid to CD for credits go to them, but without the console game, CD does not have an app to make in the first place, so if a player doesn't have the console game, it stands to reason that VC can probably dictate that CD not make a certain feature available.

As for the people that have purchased credits, I'm guessing the majority of people affected have not purchased $60 worth, or even anywhere close to that. It's a free app, so loyalty is not exactly particularly useful. If someone IS willing to shell out $60 in microtransactions, then they will still get those credits that they can use however they see fit.

Quote:
You're right, I don't have to play the game. I never had to. But does that mean that I don't have a right to voice my opinion about how a company is running their product? Customer loyalty is a two-way street. I'm just pointing out that Cat Daddy sure doesn't seem to care about its customers.

Yet, there are obviously those who will blindly continue to CD's dick no matter how they get screwed.
I get that you can have an opinion, but my bigger point is really that CD wouldn't just do this without some sort of business justification. For those who aren't purchasing any credits, are they really customers that require some sort of loyalty toward them? It's unfortunate for these people that they won't get free credits, but it's hardly some sort of great injustice.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #31
Rookie

ZephyrZ23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
Nothing new to report, other than we are still testing it.

We actually looked at different pics for pro cards last year. We ultimately decided against it just because it gave the impression of a totally different card. Some players have multiple cards already so changing picks for pros just made it more confusing.
Tony Wroten upgrade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 01:18 PM   #32
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrZ23
Tony Wroten upgrade?
Dude, you've already been warned by a mod. Are you trying to get banned?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »