Home

Dec 1st - Maintenance Tonight, 5pm PST

This is a discussion on Dec 1st - Maintenance Tonight, 5pm PST within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Cat Daddy Games

OVR: 0
Dec 1st - Maintenance Tonight, 5pm PST

We will be bringing the servers down for several hours tonight for maintenance. It will begin at 5pm, PST. I don't have an estimation on when it will be up, but expect at least 1 hour. Seasons will be paused during maintenance and will resume when the game comes back up.

New Drop Rate System
One of the major changes you will see on your side will be a new drop system implemented. Previously, the board was completely random in determining whether a card would be above the Rare rarity. This resulted in some players having good luck and getting great cards in a small number of pulls. Players that had bad luck may have still not pulled a great card after thousands of games. This system will be replaced with a new semi-random system. Every reset card that is pulled still has a chance to be the top card in your tier. Additionally, after a certain amount of play at each tier you’re guaranteed a drop in your tier. Once you pull the top card from your tier the amount of play until you’re guaranteed a drop of that tier is reset.

The counter that tracks whether you hit the top tier reset card or not is for your account and not per tier. So that means if you play in Ultra Rare then drop down into Super Rare and get a Super Rare then your counter resets to 0. If you go back up to Ultra Rare at that point you start at 0. You will want to play in your maximum tier at all times to receive the most benefit from the new system. The counter is based on the number of reset cards you pull not the number of games or overall pulls you make in draft.

There is a maximum number of resets for each tier that will trigger you receiving the top tier card. For example (*not* real numbers), if I am in the UR tier and I was unlucky for 99 reset cards without receiving a UR, then on my 100th reset card I am guaranteed a UR.

Additionally, lower tier cards will drop more frequently from higher tiers. For example (*not* real numbers), if the drop rate of Super Rare cards while in the Ultra Rare tier was 10%, when you advance to Epic the SR drop rate jumps up to 15%.

The whole system results in you receiving better cards from the draft board now. It makes it so even if you hit a string of bad luck you will eventually be guaranteed to get a top tier card from your board.

Season Reward Change
With the new Quick Games drop rate system making it easier to acquire top end cards, we will be changing the Season rewards for the Legendary tier 1st place position. You will no longer receive Pro cards for 1st place in Legendary Season games. You will get 3 random Legendary cards instead. Those cards still have a chance to match, but they will not automatically match. All other Season rewards in the other tiers and in Legendary tier itself remain the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Dec 1st - Maintenance Tonight, 5pm PST

New drop rate system sounds interesting. Can't wait to see how it works.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Darn I was in my first legendary season and was aiming for the 1st place pro.

But quick game change is really good though.
CD please keep up the good work!
Old 12-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
MVP

So glad this being changed. Definitely brings some new life to the game for me
Old 12-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
Pro

Cool, like the sound of the new drop system. Think the legendary season change makes sense too because season would start becoming rather pointless after say 5 or 6 wins (assuming you also do RCs and have some RC cards).

Question - Will HS drop rates be adjusted? I believe last RC, the drop rate was pretty much at 0. I don't think anyone in the forum got a HS.

Edit - Also will playing @ + or ++ level alter the magic number for 100% top tier?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
Rookie

tornado76's Arena

great timing for it too, right before RC. much appreciated with the extreme grinds about to happen
Old 12-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Great news cause i cant win seasons this year haha
W-20,130 L-3,070L
Some day, a legend will pop up jaja
www.***********.com/forums
Old 12-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
All Star

xInfinityRelapses's Arena