Home

Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

This is a discussion on Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman824
There simply should not be any new card tiers introduced mid-game in a game like this. Period.

There is absolutely no need for this. If someone spend money on cards, some of us even A LOT of money, these people should have a great lineup. Period. Not only for a few days. Because this is why they bought the credits. To receive great cards. You don't spend money to receive some specific card, you spend money to receive one of the best cards in the game.

Introducing new card tiers mid-game suddenly changes what you bought in retrospect. Suddenly you didn't buy one of the best cards, because it's now almost worthless.

That is what rubs people the wrong way. If there will be new card tiers (or variations of these like MVP, HoF-Cards within the star-tier now) tell people from day one. Make the rules transparent. Stop changing the rules mid-game. Then people know what they are buying WHEN they are buying it and not having to realize what they actually did buy at some later point, leading to a lot of frustration.
How do you think CD can encourage their highest spenders (i.e. top players) to continue to spend for the next 6 months if they don't add new tiers? Remember, the game has just reached its midway point and some people have been in star++ for months now. Heck, even free players like I who don't play more than 1h per day have been able to reach star++ by now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #66
Rookie

theman824's Arena

Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pims95
How do you think CD can encourage their highest spenders (i.e. top players) to continue to spend for the next 6 months if they don't add new tiers? Remember, the game has just reached its midway point and some people have been in star++ for months now. Heck, even free players like I who don't play more than 1h per day have been able to reach star++ by now!

And you think a lot of those spender will keep spending after all their money spent so far has been flushed down the drain?? They are supposed to say thank you for the new tier, now I have some more cards to waste my money on?
I really do not think this sounds like the solid business model some people want it to make out.

They are honestly not encouraging any of these spenders. The opposite is very true though.

sent by iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2015, 02:26 PM   #67
Rookie

iluvnug's Arena

I agree that Star tier should have been in since launch. Playoff cards should be boosted Star tier cards winnable in Rttc and RC. I don't think adding a whole new tier is fair to the players.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #68
Banned

Sir Master Tim's Arena

I can understand the frustration people who pay to play this game have. They feel like CD is ripping them off with high prices for the proclaimed best cards in the game and just a few weeks later be told that their investment will be invein. But to say CD is the only one to blame is irrational. Games like this(mut, fut, DD) have been doing this for years. They start out with a base set then as the season progresses they introduce more variations of cards. Its a great idea as it keeps the player(me) interested through out the year.The thing i blame CD for is the pricing. A single HOF pack cost $67 and an mvp cost like $50(im american so if your currency is differnt then bite me ). Seeing as many people have pro versions of these(sometimes multiple) that could easily be $1000+. Now if the pricing for packs on a COMPANION app wernt so outrageous, then i got a feeling that there would not be such an uproar against a new tier. Now i could be missing the point as i refuse to spend a dime on games i can conquer for free, so let me know if i was stuckout looking(dam mlb the show)
Old 04-09-2015, 03:24 AM   #69
Rookie

theman824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Master Tim
I can understand the frustration people who pay to play this game have. They feel like CD is ripping them off with high prices for the proclaimed best cards in the game and just a few weeks later be told that their investment will be invein. But to say CD is the only one to blame is irrational. Games like this(mut, fut, DD) have been doing this for years. They start out with a base set then as the season progresses they introduce more variations of cards. Its a great idea as it keeps the player(me) interested through out the year.The thing i blame CD for is the pricing. A single HOF pack cost $67 and an mvp cost like $50(im american so if your currency is differnt then bite me ). Seeing as many people have pro versions of these(sometimes multiple) that could easily be $1000+. Now if the pricing for packs on a COMPANION app wernt so outrageous, then i got a feeling that there would not be such an uproar against a new tier. Now i could be missing the point as i refuse to spend a dime on games i can conquer for free, so let me know if i was stuckout looking(dam mlb the show)
Totally agree.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #70
Rookie

ceasar26's Arena

Almost 3 weeks has gone, but still no answer. I know this, this is CD!
Old 04-19-2015, 12:07 PM   #71
Rookie

I have yet to spend any money on this app, but I've played an insane amount of games. I've saved all my credits waiting for the playoff tier, but started spending them on Hot Streaks in RC events to get the pro John Wall and Vince Carter. Thinking about all the time I spent on those RC events, and knowing now that those cards will be easily beat by. Playoff pro is so discouraging. I like this game, but I don't think I'll do it again in 2016 (at least not nearly to the extent I have played this year). Can't wait for those playoff packs that will cost $75 worth of credits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 03:43 AM   #72
Pro

Yonder's Arena

Thought I'd post it here, so it's in the correct thread:

https://twitter.com/NWGameDad/status...660993/photo/1

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »