Home

Should I spend money on this game.....?

This is a discussion on Should I spend money on this game.....? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
Rookie

jaygaming901's Arena

OVR: 0
Should I spend money on this game.....?

So I'm UR Tier, a UR Lineup with a trained Epic.

Around 600 credits right now, should I drop $50-$20 on this game to get me well set. If so just go with the 2k credit bundle or the $50? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
MVP

Dextro's Arena

Re: Should I spend money on this game.....?

Be patience and grind your way through it. You could spend now a few bucks, but it only helps you for the moment.
As you are in the UR Tier, there is still room for improvement, and 6500 credits its not really a lot in this game.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
Rookie

It depends on whether you plan on being a grinder or a casual.

Personally, I don't like spending money on a game that will only last a year, but I also do have way more time than money.

If you have money to throw at Cat Daddy, do it. But if you could save it and just spend it on MyNBA2k16 that would probably be better, financially, for you.

Besides, if you just hardcore grind during the Rivals Clash games, you really don't need to spend cash.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

Don't spend a cent, CD will find a way to make you regret it. (making the cards you buy unsellable/rubbish etc etc...)
Old 04-06-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pims95
Don't spend a cent, CD will find a way to make you regret it. (making the cards you buy unsellable/rubbish etc etc...)
By etc., he means that your card will most likely be outdated because a new pack of even better cards will come out.

I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, so do whatever the hell makes you feel happy. The majority of us here don't think spending money on CD is a good idea. However, I personally want to keep playing this game (for free), so anytime someone else spends money, it helps keep the game free for us!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
Pro

secrules2's Arena

If you really enjoy the game then support it. It won't amount to much though as CD always seems to diminish whatever you put into it with crazy updates.
Will your eternity be smoking or non-smoking?
Old 04-09-2015, 01:13 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrules2
If you really enjoy the game then support it. It won't amount to much though as CD always seems to diminish whatever you put into it with crazy updates.
This.

But I bought only credits worth 10$, during a season where I need to use a boost. After that no more, so my support to this game is only 10$.
But the time I spent to play this entertaining game is what I only invested to earn 14 Pro Stars, 3MVP and 1 PP as of the moment.
And in a few hours from now I can buy any fully trained PRO-star, because of AH. I sold so many star cards, leg that if I total all my earning it will be more than 200K now.
So that's the value of my real 10$.
Enjoy the game and expect minimum 6 months if you want to be like me, I should say.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #8
Rookie

M The GM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEDGE_USA
This.

But I bought only credits worth 10$, during a season where I need to use a boost. After that no more, so my support to this game is only 10$.
But the time I spent to play this entertaining game is what I only invested to earn 14 Pro Stars, 3MVP and 1 PP as of the moment.
And in a few hours from now I can buy any fully trained PRO-star, because of AH. I sold so many star cards, leg that if I total all my earning it will be more than 200K now.
So that's the value of my real 10$.
Enjoy the game and expect minimum 6 months if you want to be like me, I should say.
Same here! I spent money to show support for games that I enjoy, not to win quickly. I spent a total of USD 10 to purchase credits that I used to buy boosts to win tournaments (I have only won 2 Epic and 2 Legendary tournaments so far). I am nowhere close to TheEDGE's achievement, but at least I have 2 pro Stars (thanks to AH) and 5 pro Legs. I have played this game for about 5 months now and there will still be another 6 more months before 2016 version comes out.

So, enjoy the game. Spend if you feel like to, but if you don't really want to, there are a number of players who advance quite far in this game spending just a bit or nothing at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »