Home

CatDaddy, do you hate us?

This is a discussion on CatDaddy, do you hate us? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:11 PM   #41
Pro

Melcho's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CatDaddy, do you hate us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_nicholson
the personal attacks, tho? leave that at home. if you want responses, ya gotta be civil.

Hopefully you didn't take "B Rad" personally? It was meant completely in jest

Sent from my C64
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #42
Rookie

Yeah. I'm obviously not very happy with some stuff and quite passionate about the game. But these personal attacks are annoying.

MVP Magic Johnson
Old 04-15-2015, 02:21 AM   #43
Banned

Sir Master Tim's Arena

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this
Old 04-15-2015, 02:40 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcho
B Rad. Can I call you B Rad? Lemme call you B Rad.

I think what frustrates a lot of players here is that loopholes, vulnerabilities and exploits are closed before the masses get a chance to have a crack at them.

Cases in point:

a. Scripts: The fix came way too late and people running these had progressed way ahead already and made a stack of credits off the AH with their illegitimate cards

b. 3 Star Season Rewards & horrible season matchmaking: You weren't around then but lots of users used to just post saying "I'm starting a star season, stay out", they would try their best to be faced with less human opponents (bots were easier to beat), they'd then cash in 3 stars every 4-5 days (3 Stars - it seems insane now!) and sell them on the AH. Those credits were then used to strengthen their lineups (again, to beat who? bots?) and so on.

c. 3/2 lineup: It's pretty much become the norm really, especially for RC. I agree with what someone said in the main thread. Winning +5 games should be high risk high reward sort of scenario, but instead +5 with 3/2 and hot streaks is pretty much the norm.

Now, you combine those 3 points above and you have the perfect storm:

A player who scripted their way to many games played/wins or demolished star seasons very early, and all the while used those gains to sell lots and lots of cards early on, then used these credits for Hot Streaks to fund RCs and RttCs as well as the best packs.

These players are few and far between and most aren't a complete mix of traits I outlined above, but regardless they are miles ahead now and the rest don't have the same 'generous' opportunities to catch up.

Now. I agree with the 3 fixes outlined above, but what I would say, is that these should've been in place since day 1 and you probably wouldn't be dealing with the criticism as much. That said I understand hindsight is 20/20. And as a developer myself that has built websites, games, and competitions used by hundreds of thousands of users I understand that sometimes real world scale reveals patterns and issues that never arose in testing/staging.

Ultimately the player base, this forum and gameplay stats will probably tell you that you guys have built a hell of a game, for something so simple it is quite addictive and fun, particularly for us NBA fans and ex card collectors. So good job there!

My thoughts are that a lot of 'lower' players are just not thrilled that all these opportunities afforded earlier are being closed and as a result some 'fairness' is lost. Thus, the game seems to be being made 'harder' for them, but in actual fact all you guys are trying to do is fix exploits that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
This is exactly how I feel. I thought that as a player who doesn't throw heaps of $ on the app it would just take me more time to get to the point where I'd think, "ok, my deck is close to being perfect". But you just keep nerving the avenues that other players have been able to exploit before I got here and I just feel screwed. Anyway, nice to see that one of the top players understands what is the issue for us "sunday grinders".
Old 04-15-2015, 03:57 AM   #45
Rookie

I uninstalled the game a few weeks ago. I can't even describe how much better I feel now. So much time wasted on basically nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 07:54 AM   #46
Banned

Brad, I'll make this as short and as simple as possible. Look at my records.

First RttC, I had a Legendary++ deck. I got the Malone card, but no farther.

Before the next RttC, I wanted to get the Star card, so I bought a couple Star cards on AH. I then bought a big Hot Streak pack for use during the RttC. I got Lewis.

During the RC, I bought FOUR big Hot Streak Packs and 3/2 and HS my way through, finishing in 500th (approximately) place and getting the RC/Star reward.

I was planning on using my (now 2) RC cards, getting a couple Star dupes on AH, getting a HS pack, and trying to improve my deck so I could HS my way to the PnP/HoF reward this RttC, then using that card to improve my Seasons, etc, etc.

So, I'm exactly the kind of guy you want. I'm willing to spend some $ on the game, but not massive amounts. I'm the "middle class" player. Like any economy, you should be built on the middle class as the stable part.

What you see as exploitation and manipulation, I see as a simple counter that allows me to compete with Syd, BeegDawg, Twista, and the Chinese Teams that either have no life, unlimited funds, or a bunch of people who play games online for food. If you eliminate my "exploitation" and "manipulation" without addressing theirs, you'll show you have little empathy for me and those like me. Then, you have the audacity and arrogance to tell me the "proper" way to enjoy this game. Well, I do rejoice when I receive an "awesome" card. I don't have enough time to devote to this game hours a day. I steal time for five or ten QG at lunch, a couple dozen before bed and before my wife and baby wake up, I energize during a season, I'll get a Star reset every six weeks at the rate I play. So far, I've received several Star season rewards, but no dupes. So, for me the only way to get those "awesome" cards you speak of is HS, 3/2, and RttC.

If you nerf the 3/2 and make it IMPOSSIBLE for me to compete in RC, if you screw up the difficulty on the RttC, you'll make me stop getting HS packs. You'll make me stop participating in RCs and RttCs. You know why? Because, if you eliminate my ability to improve, you'll eliminate my reason and motivation to participate.

You say you play this game. I'm not sure I believe you, because every answer you give is a beancounter's answer. I never sense any passion in your answers. I don't know how often you post, but I'm on this forum every day, and at best, I see you post every couple days.

If you nerf my ability to improve my deck without addressing the teams that play RC events and drive the point totals impossibly high, if you make the RttC pointless for me to participate in, you'll simply make me revert to a free player like I was until Jan.

Ultimately, you'll prove yourself to be concerned simply with the big spenders and select few, you'll preach to me and tell me how you're looking out for me while telling me how to enjoy what I'm fortunate enough to receive from your talents...come to think of it, you ought to get into the Democrat primary, you have politics down pat.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #47
Community Manager at Cat Daddy Games

brad_nicholson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcho
Hopefully you didn't take "B Rad" personally? It was meant completely in jest

Sent from my C64

nah, we cool man.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #48
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjyergler
Brad, I'll make this as short and as simple as possible. Look at my records.

First RttC, I had a Legendary++ deck. I got the Malone card, but no farther.

Before the next RttC, I wanted to get the Star card, so I bought a couple Star cards on AH. I then bought a big Hot Streak pack for use during the RttC. I got Lewis.

During the RC, I bought FOUR big Hot Streak Packs and 3/2 and HS my way through, finishing in 500th (approximately) place and getting the RC/Star reward.

I was planning on using my (now 2) RC cards, getting a couple Star dupes on AH, getting a HS pack, and trying to improve my deck so I could HS my way to the PnP/HoF reward this RttC, then using that card to improve my Seasons, etc, etc.

So, I'm exactly the kind of guy you want. I'm willing to spend some $ on the game, but not massive amounts. I'm the "middle class" player. Like any economy, you should be built on the middle class as the stable part.

What you see as exploitation and manipulation, I see as a simple counter that allows me to compete with Syd, BeegDawg, Twista, and the Chinese Teams that either have no life, unlimited funds, or a bunch of people who play games online for food. If you eliminate my "exploitation" and "manipulation" without addressing theirs, you'll show you have little empathy for me and those like me. Then, you have the audacity and arrogance to tell me the "proper" way to enjoy this game. Well, I do rejoice when I receive an "awesome" card. I don't have enough time to devote to this game hours a day. I steal time for five or ten QG at lunch, a couple dozen before bed and before my wife and baby wake up, I energize during a season, I'll get a Star reset every six weeks at the rate I play. So far, I've received several Star season rewards, but no dupes. So, for me the only way to get those "awesome" cards you speak of is HS, 3/2, and RttC.

If you nerf the 3/2 and make it IMPOSSIBLE for me to compete in RC, if you screw up the difficulty on the RttC, you'll make me stop getting HS packs. You'll make me stop participating in RCs and RttCs. You know why? Because, if you eliminate my ability to improve, you'll eliminate my reason and motivation to participate.

You say you play this game. I'm not sure I believe you, because every answer you give is a beancounter's answer. I never sense any passion in your answers. I don't know how often you post, but I'm on this forum every day, and at best, I see you post every couple days.

If you nerf my ability to improve my deck without addressing the teams that play RC events and drive the point totals impossibly high, if you make the RttC pointless for me to participate in, you'll simply make me revert to a free player like I was until Jan.

Ultimately, you'll prove yourself to be concerned simply with the big spenders and select few, you'll preach to me and tell me how you're looking out for me while telling me how to enjoy what I'm fortunate enough to receive from your talents...come to think of it, you ought to get into the Democrat primary, you have politics down pat.
Good, cogent post here. I've given them suggestions in a thread about the RttC. If you have the time, read it and if you would spend if they did what I suggest, then tell them that. The more people who say they will spend and support CD for that sort of improvement, the more likely they are to do it.

And it's not even really a "too fast" progression thing either. The RttC is twice a month, so if they implemented my main suggestion people would be able to guarantee themselves 2 PnP or HoF pros a month, for like $150 to $400 ... that's not an insignificant sum of money ... but I think people would pay for the reliable deck improvement ... and at the pace of one card every other week, it's not like it will put people at warp speed to the top.

It would take 5 months at that pace to fill out a seasons roster, and longer than the lifespan of the app to fill out an RttC roster.

It seems like a huge mutual win/win, letting the "middle class", as you phrased it, compete a little bit with the whales.

The whales will still spend thousands like they already do, but a whole bunch more people will have a really decent incentive to spend every other week.

Food for thought.
Lineup:
PG: Foil Legendary Pro MVP Stephen Curry
SG: Foil Epic Pro George Gervin
SF: Foil Legendary Pro LeBron James
PF: Foil Epic Pro Larry Johnson
C : Foil Epic Pro Robert Parish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »