Home

Letter to CD

This is a discussion on Letter to CD within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #41
All Star

apos1914's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Letter to CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souf sia 4 lia
What gets me is all this talk of giving away cards for FREE. Nothing in life is free. These cards are acquired at the expense of our TIME. People have invested countless hours into attaining these cards and that is not free. IMO it's worth more than money because you can always accumulate more money but you can never get back the time you spent on this game. I don't know about the rest of you but all those countless hours used to grind out resets and stay afloat in RCs is not my definition of getting "free cards". These cards were earned.

Just my 2 pennies

MVP: Stevie Franchise
QG tier: Playoff +
Those cards are indeed acquired at the expense of your time, but the rate with which they 're given, is very high.

The truth is that the cards given away for free are too many. The result of this is that we have a market that has hundreds upon hundreds of all the cards.

My biggest objection over AH was the normal Star/Pro Star pricing, but i accept NWGameDad's answer that it's something they cant do anything about this year, and move on...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #42
Pro

tyecopeland's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souf sia 4 lia
What gets me is all this talk of giving away cards for FREE. Nothing in life is free. These cards are acquired at the expense of our TIME. People have invested countless hours into attaining these cards and that is not free. IMO it's worth more than money because you can always accumulate more money but you can never get back the time you spent on this game. I don't know about the rest of you but all those countless hours used to grind out resets and stay afloat in RCs is not my definition of getting "free cards". These cards were earned.

Just my 2 pennies

MVP: Stevie Franchise
QG tier: Playoff +
It did indeed cost your time but your time is not valuable to CD. Your or my time doesn't pay CDs employees.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #43
Rookie

also, remember that before in RC we were able to win PRO version, now CD force player to get them from the AH.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #44
Rookie

moosecala's Arena

The auction house isn't great right now, but my biggest complaint is the common bench exploit in seasons. Come on, if you have a po rc pro and three other po pros, you shouldn't be in star tier. I also did a legendary season where someone had 4 star pros, it doesn't really make much sense for the player to do it (other than a few credits if they happen to win) and it doesn't seem right for those of us who can't exploit it. Cat Daddy says over and over again the game is about building your deck, but that doesn't really seem to be what seasons is about (or rc for that matter- which makes me a hypocrite because I use a 3/2 lineup).
Old 06-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosecala
The auction house isn't great right now, but my biggest complaint is the common bench exploit in seasons. Come on, if you have a po rc pro and three other po pros, you shouldn't be in star tier. I also did a legendary season where someone had 4 star pros, it doesn't really make much sense for the player to do it (other than a few credits if they happen to win) and it doesn't seem right for those of us who can't exploit it. Cat Daddy says over and over again the game is about building your deck, but that doesn't really seem to be what seasons is about (or rc for that matter- which makes me a hypocrite because I use a 3/2 lineup).
I'm not using 3-2 in RC on PO+ and it's pretty easy because I only run into people who are are doing it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #46
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

I still think seasons are busted....

For most seasons all I want to do is get out of the first round. Because my chances of winning it all are low. Keep in mind I am only EPIC/Leg tier. The difference between 2nd round and 2nd place is barely any credits. Getting to the championship should be a big deal(it is in real NBA). But usually you are gonna blow all or some of your boosts and tons of energy. And if you lose...well you might as well have just bowed out in the 2nd round. You just wasted a lot of credits. 2nd place should get the same tier card as first(imho), but just way less credits. even semi finals should get maybe 2 of the lower tier. So example....
2nd round -> 1 EPIC 10credits
Semi finals -> 2 EPIC 10credits
Finals -> 1 LEG 10credits
Champ -> 1 Leg 200 credits

Just an example, because it's pointless most of the time to try to do anything but get past the first round. Maybe that's okay with CD? But it's going to make people quit playing the game.

I also think RTTC isn't very useful to lower tier players.

So if I only have one or 2 Legendary cards, so naturally I want more legendary's. I could use some more epics, but I mostly just want legs. An EPIC isn't going to help me in anything but the next RTTC. In RTTC my lineup will likely barely beat EPIC. So if I grind really hard, spend countless hours, I can maybe get an EPIC. There's almost no chance I can get Leg. Because in the tier that you are at you will rarely be able to beat the hardest level. So you have to settle for mid. Then once you beat that, you have to player what used to be the hardest level...as the lower on the next tier. So a 30% win rate getting 1 point trying to save up 150points(ish). Good Luck.

Lastly, I disagree that the AH isn't broken.

All fully trained...i just tried selling 3 rares, 2 SR, at least 6 UR, 2+ EPICS, and a Leg support(5x) 1 rare sold, nothing else.

So in context, that was around 20cards, and 1 sold. So it gets worse the higher you go up in tiers it seems. Appears like fully trained rares are the only things that sell. But from my small sampling I have about a 4-5% chance to sell my card. By the time it sells, and you take 30% I will have lost money on the deal. Very disheartening for a new player.

Last edited by cdogg777; 06-11-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustar
Can you look at your numbers and tell me what percentage of the cards put up on AH sell? Ever tier I look at throughout the day is timing out without a bid. My guess is that if you ran numbers for the past 30 days you would have a less than 1% success. If this is true, how can you say the economy is healthy?
Because we don't have access to the real numbers, they have a chance to deny, deny, deny, deny.

It's why I don't feel like having a back and forth with someone else that can hold that kind of power.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #48
Rookie

Letter to CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
First off, thanks for the well thought out comments. One of the reasons I love this community, you all have passion and spend the time letting us know your thoughts in a constructive manner.

To address each of your points...

1. The Economy
I don't expect anyone outside of Cat Daddy to have an accurate view of the economy. You simply don't have access to the data. All you have to go on is your own experience and the experience of those on the boards that post. Keep in mind that is a very small, self selected, data set. When I say the economy is healthy, and the AH is working it is because I have the data showing the true numbers. There are plenty of cards being sold. That doesn't mean *all* cards are selling, and that is ok. *All* cards are not meant to be sold, and expecting them all to sell is unrealistic.

The fundamental problem with the AH is one of supply. It has been that way since the beginning of the AH when players had cards stored up ready to sell. The release of the PO tier was quite a bit better, but even now we are seeing oversupply starting to have an effect on the PO market.

One of the major reasons for this problem is because we give away too many free cards. This isn't ebay where the things placed for sale were acquired with money and therefore had an inherent cost to the owner who is trying to resell it. We are providing both the marketplace and the inventory to users. Because of the ease with which players gain cards if they don't need the card then if they can sell it for *any* amount then they view that as a win.

With that mindset if we did things like remove minimums or lowered the taxes, then it would be a matter of days before the bulk of the players would be at Playoff++ tier. At that point, players would complain about being bored and needing new cards, which even if we provided would not hold players for long in this scenario. Already we saw high end players that gave away Playoff cards early in the tier simply because they felt no value for the card. In a game about progression and building your deck this is a problem. This is why the minimums and taxes remain as is in order to preserve the progression through the game.

We have ideas of how to address the supply problem in the future, but I cannot reveal them yet. Addressing supply though is how to "fix" the market.

With all that said, I think the AH has been a success for the players. If you're honest with yourself the AH has absolutely helped you advance in the game and acquire the cards you want. Am I fine that players only "make" 1000 Credits from a card? Yep, completely fine with that. Since before the AH you had no means of extracting *any* value from the card other than training.

More to come since this post is already long...

Do you look at all at the outliers? Commons/Uncommons/Rares selling for thousands of credits? Min bid PO cards with outrageous buyouts that are meant to be distinguishable to users who are trading or buying back? You can keep the numbers a secret, the fact of the matter is, you have clearly not used the AH to sell with any real frequency. It's not healthy, it's a black hole that sucks 100s of credits to relist now unsellable PO cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »