Home

AH should work on a capitalistic system

This is a discussion on AH should work on a capitalistic system within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Rookie

kalkal's Arena

OVR: 0
AH should work on a capitalistic system

We all agree that the AH is practically dead. Only very specific cards sell, because they are in high demand.
One of the main features of card games must be trading between players. That creates a game within a game, which has its special challenge and fun.
I suggest removing the minimum credits required for each of the tiers, this will cause the market forces to dictate the price of cards, thus creating a very alive and interesting AH (the AH will die this way only when the game dies).
Players will advance faster this way, but additional tiers can be added to compensate.
I also believe CD will make more money, because the game will be more fun and lest frustrating - attracting additional players, and the market, which is built on credits will be more attractive.
Another alternative can be handing out more credits and in more opportunities, which should have the same effect.
I really wish you consider this, as the game is becoming really boring with the AH dead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: AH should work on a capitalistic system

no minimums means cards will be given out for almost free, everyone will be at PO tier in a week, and the game will be boring and dead even more than today...

not saying the current state is good, but you can not apply a capitalistic economy on a non-capitalistic resource - there are so many cards out there in all tiers, so the market will never balance itself.

The solution should be a way to have a quick-sell option, with a much lower rate than AH minimums (10% or less), minimizing the supply in AH but letting you profit from the hard grinding.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliGKStar
no minimums means cards will be given out for almost free, everyone will be at PO tier in a week, and the game will be boring and dead even more than today...

not saying the current state is good, but you can not apply a capitalistic economy on a non-capitalistic resource - there are so many cards out there in all tiers, so the market will never balance itself.

The solution should be a way to have a quick-sell option, with a much lower rate than AH minimums (10% or less), minimizing the supply in AH but letting you profit from the hard grinding.
How would everyone be at PO tier in a week? The point of an open economy is to let the market dictate prices. People aren't going to let PO cards sell for 1000 credits... they just aren't. Organic floors will be created.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
Pro

Yonder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
People aren't going to let PO cards sell for 1000 credits... they just aren't.
Of course they are. That's happening right now with the 4k buybacks on PO bids.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonder
Of course they are. That's happening right now with the 4k buybacks on PO bids.
And I bet you that wouldn't happen if the economy wasn't so poor. People are forced to get whatever they can out of it because nobody is using it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 03:28 PM   #6
Rookie

The minimum should not be lowered per tier, but should be lowered by card. Not all cards are created equally and people shouldn't be forced to pay a minimum of 7500 for a Festus Ezeli or 5000 for bob Dandridge or 2000 for Bill Walton, that isn't how trading card games work. What I'm saying is there should be some stratification within the tiers that way people could decide if they should buy a cheaper value card of a certain tier as opposed to a more expensive card that ultimately will have the safe effect on their overall progression. And as a side note, there should be trading, after all...This is a card game. Limit it to trading within tiers obviously to mitigate abuse.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #7
Rookie

kalkal's Arena

Quote:
And I bet you that wouldn't happen if the economy wasn't so poor. People are forced to get whatever they can out of it because nobody is using it.

that's exactly what I was going to say.
People give huge buybacks because they are desperate for any penny.
A free market works if there are enough cards which aren't so easy to just get, and thanks to the system today, where for example, you have no chance to receive a PO card if you're UR+, makes sure no one gets rich in one second.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
How would everyone be at PO tier in a week? The point of an open economy is to let the market dictate prices. People aren't going to let PO cards sell for 1000 credits... they just aren't. Organic floors will be created.

They will. I, for example, am giving me stars I draft away for FREE. There is next to no chance of selling them so I might as well give them to someone who can use them.

And star cards shouldn't be trash... these are the second strongest cards in the game. Not long until PO cards follow this path.

Lower AH taxes and ALIGN AH minimums and bids so they make sense. The current setup looks like a 5 year old child plucked numbers out of the air. It is ridiculous
QG tier: Playoff ++

QG Line-Up:
PG: PO Pro Kyle Lowry
SG: PO Pro Kobe Bryant
SF: PO Pro Larry Bird
PF: PO Pro Shawn Kemp
C: PO Pro DeAndre Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »