Home

"Special" RTTC Contest/Giveaway

This is a discussion on "Special" RTTC Contest/Giveaway within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
All Star

kclutch24's Arena

OVR: 0
"Special" RTTC Contest/Giveaway

Hey Folks!

For the first sweepstakes/giveaway, I was thinking of an RC related reward, but since GameDad has confirmed it will be an RTTC week...I think I'm going to propose the following contest for this week. Everyone is encouraged to participate.

Rewards
1st: PO Demar Derozan + 1000 credits
2nd: PO Damian Lillard + 500 credits
3rd: PO Marcin Gortat + 300 credits

How to Win
Each contestant must correctly guess each tiered card for this coming RTTC. Common (1), Uncommon (2), Rare (3), SR (4), UR (5), Epic (6), Legendary (7), Star (8), PO (9), Great (10). In respect to the tiers, each card will have a different point total (shown above).

For example, if a person correctly guesses the PO card and UR card, that will net them 14 points.

Whoever has the most points at the end will receive the top prizes. Please DO NOT PM me just yet. I'm thinking the contest will start tomorrow so that if GameDad drops any hints on Twitter, each contestant will have the opportunity to guess with an even playing field. The contest will run up until the pre-game is released (if there is an earlier start time, then it will be up until the earlier start time).

For the reward, you will receive the PO card for FREE. This means you will not have to pay tax or listing fee. You get that card and the credits associated with the reward.

In the event of a "tie" for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, credits will be split between winning members.
1st: 12857 credits (30% tax shows a return of 9000 credits)
2nd: 8572 credits (30% tax shows a return of 6000 credits)
3rd: 4286 credits (30% tax shows a return of 3000 credits)

If there are a 3 way tie, then there will not be a "2nd" or "3rd" place. The top 3 will split (9000+6000+3000/3) credits. If there are 4 or 5 people who tie for first, then the same applies (9000+6000+300/4 or 5). Also, in the event of a "tie", then the credits that were applied to the original rewards (1000, 500, 300) will not apply.

I realize that if there is a tie, the prizes are not as appealing as a free PO card, but I'm sure with a large amount of the community participating, it was the most fair way I could think of awarding those who finishes with the same scores. (Suggestions are always welcome).

**Note: If it so happens that CD releases a DLC update and we see the "new cards" in the catalog during the contest, I think it's only fair to cancel as it would be unfair to those who have submitted their guesses, and the fact that everyone will be submitting the same answers. =P

The contest will start on 6/23/15 8 AM PST and you are free to submit your guesses until 6/23/15 11 PM PST. For those of you in other countries (yes, I'm looking at you apos), here is a time converter. =P

(http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/)

There will also be a 4th prize for the person with the most correct guesses. In other words, if you guess for example 7 correct cards and that is more than anyone on the forums, you will be credited 2000 tokens (not including tax).

If it so happens that GameDad tweets a hint DURING the event, you can re-submit your entries ONCE.

To submit your guesses, you can either PM me during the event or reply on this thread and this thread only.

Credit goes to lt112 (2loc) for his generous donations!!

Hope everyone has fun, and let me know if you think I missed anything or if what I wrote doesn't make sense. Once everyone has entered their submissions, I will publish that in the thread so everyone will see each other's guesses.

Edit #1:
6/22/15 2:45 PM PST
Hint #1 6/22/15 2:45 PM PST
#MyNBA2K15 "Spread your wings and fly away!"

Hint #2 6/22/15 7:47 PM PST
#MyNBA2K15 News of the World - Spread Your Wings by Queen (greatest band ever), and no it's not the year. It never is the year. :-p

Edit #2
6/23/15 11:15 AM PST
There was just a DLC update. If new cards appear in the card catalog, then all entries after will not be accepted. These are the official submissions I have so far.

drdotwho
yiy1156
MWIL
joenuts83
thetdett
lclishuai
Kabington
Kazeyonoma
emilchu98
VastoLorde
fabio85
meezy
archmikey
kalkal
LAKERKING
JBGlass
cdogg777
superballer85
xInfinityRelapses
apos1914
AlmightyDeni
Dudok
qtdi123
BigL4MVP
ignazz
marciukas
doctabre

Last edited by kclutch24; 06-23-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
Pro

JBGlass's Arena

Re: "Special" RTTC Contest/Giveaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclutch24
Hey Folks!

For the first sweepstakes/giveaway, I was thinking of an RC related reward, but since GameDad has confirmed it will be an RTTC week...I think I'm going to propose the following contest for this week. Everyone is encouraged to participate.

Rewards

1st: PO Demar Derozan + 1000 credits

2nd: PO Damian Lillard + 500 credits

3rd: PO Marcin Gortat + 300 credits

Im down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Pro

Kclutch - looks good but just a quick point on your prize split.

Generally if there is a tie for 1st place then those tied get the lower prizes adding together and split. For example 3 people tie for 1st. They don't split 9,000 they split 18,000 (9,000 + 6,000 + 3,000) so get 6,000 each not the 3,000 you mentioned (9,000 split 3 ways). In that scenario the person finishing 4th with 1 less point gets 6,000 which doesn't make much sense.

I may have read your post wrong, apologies if I have.
QG tier: Playoff ++

QG Line-Up:
PG: PO Pro Kyle Lowry
SG: PO Pro Kobe Bryant
SF: PO Pro Larry Bird
PF: PO Pro Shawn Kemp
C: PO Pro DeAndre Jordan
Old 06-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Kazeyonoma's Arena

Count me in, but how idd you know it was going to be another RTTC event? can you link the hint/post that says so?
Old 06-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
MVP

joenuts83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzjase

Generally if there is a tie for 1st place then those tied get the lower prizes adding together and split. For example 3 people tie for 1st. They don't split 9,000 they split 18,000 (9,000 + 6,000 + 3,000) so get 6,000 each not the 3,000 you mentioned (9,000 split 3 ways). In that scenario the person finishing 4th with 1 less point gets 6,000 which doesn't make much sense.

Yes, you only want 3 winners not 10, so if there is a 3 way tie they would split the whole pot 3 ways.
QG LU

Epic Pro Maurice Cheeks
Epic Pro Monta Ellis
Epic Pro Larry Johnson
Epic Pro Draymond Green
Epic Pro Dikembe Mutombo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #6
All Star

kclutch24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzjase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma
Count me in, but how idd you know it was going to be another RTTC event? can you link the hint/post that says so?

Nzjase - sorry if that was confusing. There are 3 rewards for people who win the contest outright. For example, if 1 person gets 55 points, then that person will receive PO Derozan and 1000 credits. If there are 2 people who ends up with 55 points, then they will split JUST credits (4500 credits) because that would fall under "in the event of a tie".

Kazey - GameDad posted in the main thread earlier this morning saying they'll be sticking with RTTC for the next few weeks.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
Pro

drdotwho's Arena

I'm gonna PM you today just because CD / NWGD only gives out hint 50% of the time for "Special" event.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclutch24
Nzjase - sorry if that was confusing. There are 3 rewards for people who win the contest outright. For example, if 1 person gets 55 points, then that person will receive PO Derozan and 1000 credits. If there are 2 people who ends up with 55 points, then they will split JUST credits (4500 credits) because that would fall under "in the event of a tie".

Kazey - GameDad posted in the main thread earlier this morning saying they'll be sticking with RTTC for the next few weeks.
Kclutch, refer to mine and Joes posts. If the top two scores are 55 they should be splitting the first and second prize not just the first.

Check out a golf tournament leaderboard for example.
QG tier: Playoff ++

QG Line-Up:
PG: PO Pro Kyle Lowry
SG: PO Pro Kobe Bryant
SF: PO Pro Larry Bird
PF: PO Pro Shawn Kemp
C: PO Pro DeAndre Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »